2019 Mclaren F1 Team - Renault

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Darth-Piekus

Re: 2019 Mclaren F1 Team - Renault

That is true the season will be interesting but I still think McLaren is the favorite.

SmallSoldier
SmallSoldier

Darth-Piekus wrote:That is true the season will be interesting but I still think McLaren is the favorite.
They still have an edge... But, Renault has showed in the last couple of races that they can be very fast too... We will see what the next races bring!

Hoping that we can remain on top... But of course, situations like the one with Carlos today can’t happen again if we want to maintain 4th.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Darth-Piekus

Let's be honest. How many more times will we have problems. Who's to say that the others won't have problems. McLaren has built that difference with lots of work and sweat and it was the best overall 4th package. 99 out of 100 the best package wins. If they didn't managed to pass us now that we had problems in 3 straight races then it's unlikely they will cause we won't have problems or shoot ourselves in the foot forever.

diffuser

I'd susspect that is a gun/axel/Nut design issue. It should be fool prrof.

diffuser

Darth-Piekus wrote:
08 Sep 2019, 16:41
Let's be honest. How many more times will we have problems. Who's to say that the others won't have problems. McLaren has built that difference with lots of work and sweat and it was the best overall 4th package. 99 out of 100 the best package wins. If they didn't managed to pass us now that we had problems in 3 straight races then it's unlikely they will cause we won't have problems or shoot ourselves in the foot forever.
I'm not worried about 4th place but like I said last weekend...McLaren has to worry about it's own execution. If you want to move out of the midfield, you need to execute like the top. They've made progress over last year, I'll give them that, there are still too many McLaren caused failures.

All the PUs are being pushed and they're all failing, today we saw a Honda fail....

Darth-Piekus

What happened happened guys. Don't lose hope. Next race with our upgrades the normal order will be restored

Big Tea

I feel Renault lucked into this one. What has been defects on their package became an advantage toady and the Mclarens strength held it back (literally).
The wheel problem may even be a heads up and don't lose concentration/count your chickens call
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

RonDennis
RonDennis

It probably equals out on the long run. We've had some 'lucky' results as well. Let's hope Singapore won't be too crazy.
Last edited by RonDennis on 08 Sep 2019, 17:10, edited 1 time in total.

Marc.W

Big Tea wrote:
08 Sep 2019, 16:57
I feel Renault lucked into this one. What has been defects on their package became an advantage toady and the Mclarens strength held it back (literally).
The wheel problem may even be a heads up and don't lose concentration/count your chickens call
I agree, I suspect normal service will resume at Singapore

RonDennis
RonDennis

Marc.W wrote:
08 Sep 2019, 17:10
Big Tea wrote:
Yeah, but it's Singapore. Normal and Singapore don't go well together.

diffuser

Marc.W wrote:
Big Tea wrote:

Let's recognise that Renault did a good job today. They came ready and executed. Two things McLaren didn't do. I agree Singapour should be better for McLaren.

Jackles-UK

I said earlier this weekend that Renault are still the biggest threat to McLaren and this has now been proven correct. Huge shame to have a team error rather than a pace deficit yet again being the demise of good points though.

Still, I’d say that every track in the run-in should favour the car over the Renault. All except Singapore are medium/high speed tracks like France, Bahrain etc. where McLaren performed well and scored good points and, whilst I don’t expect massive success in Singapore, I’d guess Renault are going struggle even more so.

bauc

2nd weekend in a row with problems, I just hope we can stay problem fee more often than not. The car has the potential to be P6-P9 every race
Формула 1 на Македонски - The first ever Macedonian Formula 1 YouTube channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJkjCv ... 6rVRgKASwg

Marc.W

diffuser wrote:
08 Sep 2019, 17:19
Marc.W wrote:
Big Tea wrote:

Let's recognise that Renault did a good job today. They came ready and executed. Two things McLaren didn't do. I agree Singapour should be better for McLaren.
Oh don't get me wrong, I think Renault had probably the 3rd fastest car this weekend, showing the Renault PU does indeed have some power to it, but I can't see them repeating it at the next few tracks, maybe we will see it again in Mexico

M840TR
M840TR

Strangely quick lap time there from Norris on the C2...