2019 Aston Martin Red Bull Racing - Honda F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Jaisonas

Re: 2019 Aston Martin Red Bull Racing - Honda F1 Team

There's no team radio on the Ziggo streams, they get the official ones. Its not like F1TV onboads.

Juzh

loner wrote:
08 Sep 2019, 19:15
Juzh wrote:
08 Sep 2019, 18:30
10 minutes of verstappen chasing perez. as you can see apart from one oppurtunity there wasnt a real chance of passing. Verstappen just said in teds notebook they had some problems with the rev limiters which limited them in how much top speed they could achieve, but he wouldnt elaborate. I find it plausible since verstappen did 357 kmh once on the main straight and then never went above 350 ever again, so there might be something to this. I just checked kvyat's data and he was doing 355+ multiple laps in a row (even 360 at one point). These reocuring small problems are starting to be anoying.

https://streamable.com/rax1l
https://streamable.com/rax1l
thank you Juzh like always for your vids
well i have 2 little notices for my sight
- for me it looked MV wasn't interested that much during this video
- no radio with his engineer in a dog fight with perez seems his engineer couldn't care less as well :lol:
There is no team radio in the TV broadcasts (where this clip comes from), only engine sounds. Only F1TV footage gets team radio.

loner

oh i c thnx guys :D
para bellum.

HondaPOD

McMika98 wrote:
08 Sep 2019, 18:19
They got 345 with the slipstream which is good enough. Its the engine thats lacking as i have said for a while. Maybe Honda were saving it for next races but then Kvyat issue seemed terminal.
Jambier wrote:
08 Sep 2019, 18:23
Fastest of the race : VET 359.7
Juzh wrote:
08 Sep 2019, 18:30
... I find it plausible since verstappen did 357 kmh once on the main straight and then never went above 350 ever again, so there might be something to this. I just checked kvyat's data and he was doing 355+ multiple laps in a row (even 360 at one point). These reocuring small problems are starting to be anoying.
Speed trap, Max just behind Vettel.

godlameroso

Jaisonas wrote:
08 Sep 2019, 18:55
Damn it looks like his mapping is locked in a safe mode, kinda like what Vettel had in Australia. Not faster than 330 and 345 on the straight.
The fuel is the critical ingredient 8) this is just validation work. Yes it's costly in terms of results, but it will be worth it in the long run. Fuel will be ready soon.
Saishū kōnā

Jaisonas

Official speed traps.

loner

godlameroso wrote:
08 Sep 2019, 20:12
The fuel is the critical ingredient 8) this is just validation work. Yes it's costly in terms of results, but it will be worth it in the long run. Fuel will be ready soon.
you say new fuel in Singapore and Wazary hinted in Sochi with a revised turbo and intake plenum.
whats your source!!
para bellum.

godlameroso

loner wrote:
08 Sep 2019, 22:05
godlameroso wrote:
08 Sep 2019, 20:12
you say new fuel in Singapore and Wazary hinted in Sochi with a revised turbo and intake plenum.
whats your source!!
Just stuff I hear along the way. I didn't know about a new turbo or intake. Releasing the new turbo in the pipeline within a month seems ambitious to say least. Maybe they use Kvyat's car as a guniea pig, he may have to take a new turbo for Singapore.
Saishū kōnā

Marti_EF3

Some races are disappointing. But it is what it is, it's racing. But the remaining races we've a chance to win and grab good results. Also with the Spec 4 finally unleashed, excited to see it. Spec 3 also took some time to show it's true potential. If it continues like this, 2020 will be an awesome year with a 3 team battle for both championships.

GhostF1

The result was exactly what was expected but with Albon receiving a penalty and Max pitting after 1 lap for a new wing. The results are positive, especially Kvyat's pace before the oil leak (looked like it happened when they dropped him off the jacks, you could see smoke appear from there), he was on for Renault challenging position.
Max recovered really quickly, again, Horner mentioned engine limiter causing speed issues and yet he was ripping through the field. Alex as well, he had a pretty good race, I like his style going for the overtakes and he does it cleanly without risking the car. So far he's been good to watch!
The speeds/pace of the new Honda here are really encouraging. Faster than the Renault's and actually surpassing Mercedes powered teams which is promising.

Not sure who said the Kvyat issue was a terminal PU failure, sure it was McMika98 yet again... clueless, it's an oil leak, engine was running when he pulled over..that's all we know from the team as well, anything more is troll rubbish.
Max staying with Perez even with , as he said, dead tyres and an engine limiter active, is highly promising especially when Racing Point/FI is notorious for favouring high speed (Perez at the top end of all speed charts). Also his launch seemed decent this time as well (although at the back).

Either way, for the worst track of the season for the team and with unforeseen issues occurring, it's a pretty strong result. Alex qualifying considerably faster than last year by some margin even with the debacle and no second run (which was 0.5 up on that before aborting), Max likely even faster, the result although so-so should be looked at as pretty good, although I will concede, these small issues that seem to be isolated to Max are starting to be a little annoying, regardless I'm sure Honda are on top of it. The races for the rest of the season will be a great watch!

etusch

Alex Albon: "There were positives for me even though the race didn't go as planned. It isn't the easiest track for us and we had quite an unlucky weekend in the qualifying. I didn't have a great start and had to fight my way back though the field. Unfortunately, we didn't have the pace on the straights to overtake so I had to do my manoeuvres on the corners. That resulted in a lot of side by side action and at one point I just lost a bit too much grip going that wide so it started to get messy. I had a few offs and took a five second penalty. However, my race pace is getting better with the car and I feel I have made a good step up from Spa so personally speaking I am happy. Hopefully Singapore will be better for me as there will be more downforce and more corners. I think there is a lot more to come and I'm feeling more competitive."

Max Verstappen: "I got front wing damage under breaking into Turn 1 as everyone slowed up and I clipped Sergio's rear tyre. We then pitted for a new front wing and the race was still on as I had really good pace in clean air. I managed to pass quite a few cars but we got unlucky with the virtual safety car as it came out the lap after I pitted and three or four cars which I had already overtaken were back in front of me. I passed them all again but it was pretty painful on my tyres and then at the end I got stuck behind Perez for the second time in the race. I just couldn't get past him as he was so quick on the straights. We have made some steps forward with the pace of the power unit but we will of course keep working hard to improve even further. With what happened at Turn 1 coming through to eighth isn't too bad and these things are always more likely to happen when you start at the back. The last two races were always going to be difficult for us and now I'm looking forward to having a more normal race weekend and starting closer to the front."

McMika98

etusch wrote:
09 Sep 2019, 07:14

Alex Albon: "I didn't have a great start and had to fight my way back though the field. Unfortunately, we didn't have the pace on the straights to overtake so I had to do my manoeuvres on the corners. That resulted in a lot of side by side action and at one point I just lost a bit too much grip going that wide so it started to get messy. I had a few offs and took a five second penalty.
Really like how humble this guy is. Sainz lost the car and pushed Alex off the track, he did apologise as well. Yet he didnt mention that just got on with it. Towards the second stint he was lapping in similar times as Max on same medium compound.

restless

Could the rev limiter problem be due transmission ? Gear ratios are fixed ...

Marti_EF3

restless wrote:
09 Sep 2019, 08:07
If it suits best the rest of the tracks less Monza and maybe a little on Spa. I will do it too.

Marti_EF3 wrote:
09 Sep 2019, 08:37
restless wrote:
09 Sep 2019, 08:07
If it suits best the rest of the tracks less Monza and maybe a little on Spa. I will do it too.
But the other Bull wasn't suffering from that issue. I guess you could have different gear ratios in each car, but why would you? I suspect it was a transmission or mapping issue.