Michael Schumacher

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
TheGkbrk

Re: Michael Schumacher

NathanOlder

TheGkbrk wrote:
25 Aug 2018, 09:55
Page not found
Its working for me.
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

rscsr

NathanOlder wrote:
25 Aug 2018, 09:58
TheGkbrk wrote:
Page not found
Its working for me.
isn't working for me as well

JonoNic

rscsr wrote:
NathanOlder wrote:
25 Aug 2018, 09:58
TheGkbrk wrote:
Page not found
Its working for me.
isn't working for me as well
I can - here you go from that link

Formula One legend Michael Schumacher "sometimes cries" when he looks out at the views over his Lake Geneva home, according a new report that provides an extraordinary insight into his life.

Schumacher suffered serious brain damage and is unable to walk or stand alone after a serious ski accident in the French Alps in late 2013, but his wife Corinna has dedicated her life to make sure Schumacher receives constant care and physiotherapy.

​French publication Paris Match reports that about 15 carers take turns at  La Réserve, the Schumacher home on the shores of Lake Geneva, to look after Schumacher.

Intensive efforts are made to stimulate his lost memory by playing the sounds of the whirring engines of the F1 or by taking him to make turns of the villa in a car.

Schumacher also receives daily physio sessions and although progress in his rehabilitation is painfully slow, Paris Match reports that the family is encouraged by small signs of success and have not given up on Schumacher making further progress. 

Schumacher has been able to sketch some gestures in his aquatic rehabilitation pool and relatives say signs of emotion are still there.

"When you put him in his wheelchair facing the magnificent panorama of the mountains overlooking the lake, Michael sometimes cries," two family members told the magazine.

Corinna Schumacher has also just bought a property in Mallorca to provide Schumacher with a peaceful retreat in a warm climate.

Corinna paid 30 million euros for the property called Villa Yasmin, which consists of a main house surrounded by gardens and two swimming pools, with outbuildings. staff and guests. 

Mallorca has turned into the "Iberian Beverly Hills" over the years, Paris Match reports, as the rich and famous are attracted by its seclusion and privacy.

Hollywood stars Michael Douglas and Orlando Bloom are said to own properties there but the magazine reported that the Schumachers were already familiar with the area before Michael's accident.

We often saw him before his accident," said Carmen, a head chef at the Porto Bello restaurant on the island's waterfront.

"He came to eat with family and friends. Nobody bothered him. Here, you know, we respect celebrities."

Schumacher's brother Ralf is also a permanent resident on the island, making it a perfect second home for the fiercely private Schumacher clan.

Schumacher's son Mick is following in his father's footsteps, pursuing his own career in motor racing. Mick currently races in Formula 3 and will be constantly compared to his father through his career.

"The goal is to win in F1, that is the aim. My dad had a huge influence on my career," he told The Sun newspaper.

"He was my idol and I am following everything he did and see if I can use it myself and I am really happy with that."

- Sunday Star Times
Always find the gap then use it.

r101

Not gonna comment, will just leave this here:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... in-F1.html

Shrieker

I didn't like him as a person. And although he was fast and ruthless as a driver, he and his team always looked shifty to me.

But whatever. No one deserves such a burden. Rumors point towards a recovery, but it looks like it's too slow and less than hoped for. I personally wish him the best, and hope that he recovers to a satisfactory degree in the end, however long it might take.
Education is that which allows a nation free, independent, reputable life, and function as a high society; or it condemns it to captivity and poverty.
-Atatürk

netoperek

Good thing that medicine advances faster than ever and hopefully there is still a chance for his recovery. He can probably have access to best available treatment way before average Joe. His injury might even accelerate some research that would otherwise be underfunded. Anyway let's just hope for the best and respect the privacy the family requested.

Miha_v

Bence wrote:
22 Aug 2018, 09:26

The entire Formula 1 audience knew when and how he had to go to pee before a race (useful, relevant, involving, healthy information... NOT), so there is a certain info-vacuum - which is unwise from his management/family, because this is the determining factor people are still speculating.

A short, factual, official statement would stop this immediately. Not the mods are needed, just facts.

BTW, what's the difference when you talk about Philippe Streiff, or the titanium hardware in Robert Wickens' back, or Zanardi's legs? Is that disrespectful too? Did we talk about Christopher Reeve's condition? We, as humans, all have the right to know and discuss the available information. Then the individual threshold will stop you or let you investigate further, but self-policing (especially on a forum) is not needed.

Jules Bianchi's family handled the situation very well by providing short, factual updates. No one was speculating.
well said - I agree completely.
Despite lack of updates, there is obviously a desire to talk about it. Forum is here for sharing of opinions. I see absolutely no sense in making this topic a "Taboo".

Reading that he has shown small signs of movement in a rehabilitation pool is first valuable update after a long time, happy to hear that. It may not be much, but I still really wish his health would improve despite all odds and that he would return to somewhat normal life.

PlatinumZealot

I'm just wishing that his mental faculties are intact that's all. If he cannot walk or whatever that is not as bad a losing your memory and cognitive ability... So here's hoping.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

adrianjordan

PlatinumZealot wrote:
01 Sep 2018, 17:39
I'm just wishing that his mental faculties are intact that's all. If he cannot walk or whatever that is not as bad a losing your memory and cognitive ability... So here's hoping.
See I'm not sure which would be worse, having a mind that is held back by my body, or a body that is only limited by my mind. At least with the latter there's less chance of feeling frustrated and trapped.

Obviously the impact on friends and family is probably worse if the person they knew is no longer present.
Favourite driver: Lando Norris
Favourite team: McLaren

Turned down the chance to meet Vettel at Silverstone in 2007. He was a test driver at the time and I didn't think it was worth queuing!! 🤦🏻‍♂️

bill shoe

Vauge but possibly positive news on Schumacher's condition-

Formula 1 legend Michael Schumacher is "conscious" after undergoing stem-cell treatment in Paris, according to a French newspaper.

Earlier this week Le Parisien revealed that the seven-time world champion had been admitted to the Georges-Pompidou hospital for the complex treatment involving transfusions of inflammation-reducing stem cells.

Professor Philippe Menasche, the cardiac surgeon who performed the operation, also carried out the world’s first embryonic cell transplant on a patient with heart failure in 2014.

The newspaper quoted an anonymous staff member at the hospital. They said: “He is in my area. And I can assure you that he is aware.”
https://www.yahoo.com/sports/schumacher ... 32123.html
https://www.yahoo.com/news/michael-schu ... 49161.html

strad

One can hope.. They have had some good results using stem cell therapy for this type of injury. However that is when they can use it early on, this has been a long time since the accident. As I say though, one can certainly hope.
To achieve anything, you must be prepared to dabble on the boundary of disaster.”
Sir Stirling Moss

siskue2005

strad wrote:
12 Sep 2019, 03:31
One can hope.. They have had some good results using stem cell therapy for this type of injury. However that is when they can use it early on, this has been a long time since the accident. As I say though, one can certainly hope.
The stem will work no matter old or new injury, maybe he cant drive a car like before but atleast he can be independent...yes one can hope

Ringleheim

I have been a critic of the way Schumi's family has handled his injury from the very beginning.

All they need to do is release a brief statement commenting on his condition, and repeating that they want privacy in the matter and that the public should not expect to hear more.

BUT TELL US THE CONDITION! The fans want to know.

I suspect he is in something of a vegetative state. If he is conscious, I highly doubt he can move very much, walk, feed himself, etc.

Fans have always wanted to believe that he would heal fully or substantially since the moment of the accident, but doctors in the relevant area say that is almost certainly never going to happen.

I hate to say it, but the next time we hear a substantial piece of news about Schumi, coming from the family, will be when they announce his death.

People in this sort of condition do not live long lives.

NathanOlder

So why would a nurse apparently say she can assure us that he is aware. Surely that isn't bad news after undergoing stem cell treatment.

People in this sort of condition dont have a net worth of upwards of 1 billion dollars. So I wouldn't go on what happens to average joe in this situation.
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC