2019 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Sevach

Re: 2019 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

At this point i think the options would be indeed Ricciardo or putting all the eggs in the Leclerc basket and getting Hulk to do a Bottas job.

jumpingfish

Will Mercedes let Russel join the Ferrari team? I'm not sure because he's their future star after Hamilton. Ferrari made good choice when Leclerc joined team instead of Raikkonen, but Mercedes prefers to be more careful and chose Bottas. I think Ferrari chooses between Vettel (only if he stays for 2020), free at this moment Hulkenberg and not free Ricciardo.

Ringleheim

Not sure how Ferrari can bring Vettel back for another season. His career is falling apart. He is clearly not into it anymore. Wife, kids, zillions of dollars....he doesn't have that young hunger anymore. Get rid of him!

I personally want Alonso back in the team; I think he still has it big time.

If Ferrari don't want a "Two Number 1s" type problem, get someone else...but Vettel needs to go.

santos

Ringleheim wrote:
12 Sep 2019, 12:43
Not sure how Ferrari can bring Vettel back for another season. His career is falling apart. He is clearly not into it anymore. Wife, kids, zillions of dollars....he doesn't have that young hunger anymore. Get rid of him!

I personally want Alonso back in the team; I think he still has it big time.

If Ferrari don't want a "Two Number 1s" type problem, get someone else...but Vettel needs to go.
I don't think the gates of Maranelo are open for Alonso. Actually i don't know if there's a team that wants to have him. Maybe Williams, but i don't know if they have the Money.

Unf

There is one thing that Ferrari can do - build a car which will have driving behavour that Vettel likes to. Wonder if it is possible and if that kind of car will be faster (in overall) than other concept...

El Scorchio

They'll drop Vettel like a hot s*** soon, I think. There's no need to pay someone like they are paying him when it's now clear that they aren't getting anything for the millions that perhaps they couldn't get from 4-5 other much cheaper guys on the grid. They also don't want two #1 drivers- you can see the headaches already this season. They just want/need someone to back up Leclerc who has now showed he can be relied on to deliver when opportunities come along. Someone like Hulk would be a good option, I think. A wise head and calm hand who knows the score, isn't going to rock the boat, and is good enough to take opportunities and the odd win if Leclerc can't, for whatever reason.

BassVirolla

Why are you all not thinking in Kimi back in Ferrari along Leclerc? Is there anything that makes that impossible? Is Kimi in a FIAT Group team, isn't he?

foofykid

No way they are getting rid of Vettel, he will be with the team next year. Only thing i can see if he decides to go to a different team for 2021

Big Tea

El Scorchio wrote:
12 Sep 2019, 14:22
They'll drop Vettel like a hot s*** soon, I think. There's no need to pay someone like they are paying him when it's now clear that they aren't getting anything for the millions that perhaps they couldn't get from 4-5 other much cheaper guys on the grid. They also don't want two #1 drivers- you can see the headaches already this season. They just want/need someone to back up Leclerc who has now showed he can be relied on to deliver when opportunities come along. Someone like Hulk would be a good option, I think. A wise head and calm hand who knows the score, isn't going to rock the boat, and is good enough to take opportunities and the odd win if Leclerc can't, for whatever reason.
Its not just his driving that earns for them, he is a commodity. He can have a huge influence with not only sponsorship and trackside hospitality but also with the agencies. Seb is still a big draw world wide and probably stil covers his pay in their eyes. I think he will just announce one day soon that he has had enough and walk off into the sunset.
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

tpeman

BassVirolla wrote:
12 Sep 2019, 14:51
Why are you all not thinking in Kimi back in Ferrari along Leclerc? Is there anything that makes that impossible? Is Kimi in a FIAT Group team, isn't he?
Kimi is older now, plus he didn't do much better than Seb. Vettel is still their best option, but if he decides to retire, there are still a lot of very fast drivers - Ricciardo (although he has a contract for 2020), Hulkenberg, Sainz (even though he seems happy in McLaren and who knows what will happen in 2021), Kvyat (has some experience with the team, proved to be very fast and reliable this year), , Bottas is a great option if he leaves Mercedes, even Magnussen (I do believe him and Grosjean are good drivers and the car isn't that great, he is great in defending).

ferkan

Maybe I am missing something, but hasnt Kimi been pretty much dominated in 3/5 years he was at Ferrari? In 2 others, he was "just" beaten (2016 and 2018).

I think Leclerc would handle him like Alonso in 14' next year. It would be a bad way to go out tbh...

Jambier

I don't think Ferrari will drop Vettel, he has a contract... unless he decides to retire.
On top of that the problem for Ferrari is that there is nobody available.

In my opinion the best move is to keep Vettel in 2020 and hire Ricciardo for 2021:

- RIC is a very talented driver
- With italian name and origin
- I think he will go along very well with LEC
- The two are clever, there will be no stupid fight
- With LEC and RIC, it would give Ferrari a very strong line up

Actually, I think this is the obvious choice, I don't see any better choice than RIC

BrunoH

Hamilton!? everyone wants to finish some day in a Ferrari... EVERYONE, even Ayrton Senna said that one day he wold like to drive for Ferrari....

Capharol

BrunoH wrote:
17 Sep 2019, 12:41
Hamilton!? everyone wants to finish some day in a Ferrari... EVERYONE, even Ayrton Senna said that one day he wold like to drive for Ferrari....
believe it or not there are still drivers that thinks differently, and they think its not a neccessaty to have driven in a ferrari ....
so no NOT EVERYONE

GPR-A

BrunoH wrote:
17 Sep 2019, 12:41
Saying to keep up the media is one thing, but to actually drive for Ferrari, which apart from Lauda and more gloriously in Schumacher times, hasn't been a place for an ambitious and talented driver to be at. Champions like Prost, Mansell, Alonso, Kimi (except for freak 2007) and now Vettel, have all struggled to win a championship. Senna left McLaren within 2 years, when he couldn't get an equipment with which he wanted to win championship. Like most others, he simply wanted to be in the best machinery and Ferrari never really looked like they will make one at the time of Senna. So, it was too far fetched to believe he had any real aspiration to drive for a struggling Ferrari.

Webber also had the opportunity in 2012 to replace Massa and drive alongside his friend Alonso, but he chose not to as Ferrari wasn't competitive and Red Bull were. That shows the driver mentality. In one of the recent interviews, Hamilton mentioned that it takes time when you move to a new team and then build that team around and now is not the time for him to move to Ferrari.

The best bet and the perfect fit, is in fact Ricciardo OR Russell (I had mentioned this in another thread).