2019 Mclaren F1 Team - Renault

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
mwillems

Re: 2019 Mclaren F1 Team - Renault

Macklaren wrote:
13 Sep 2019, 13:17
So with Williams signing up with Mercedes for engines in 2020 and beyond, can we officially call the Eddie Jordan rumor mongering a bust?

I dont think it proves anything, Mercedes could supply four teams.
Give a man a fire, and he will be warm for a night.
Set a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

RonDennis

Macklaren wrote:
So with Williams signing up with Mercedes for engines in 2020 and beyond, can we officially call the Eddie Jordan rumor mongering a bust?
Nope, Mercedes already wanted to supply McLaren in 2018, but they were still dealing with Honda. That shouldn't be a problem this time around since the contract runs until 2021, so plenty of time.

"We wanted to give McLaren an engine, the problem is that it dragged on for a long time and we just didn't have the structure in place and the capacity to supply them an engine for 2018," Wolff told ESPN. "It was simply too late."

selvam_e2002

I think 2020 again Mercedes dominance and Ferrari will win two race Hungary and Monza like this year. It seems to be boring F1 for 2020.

If Mclaren get Mercedes engine in 2021, I would like to see how Meclaren performing against mercedes. We have to build the chassis > Mercedes to challenge them. Then the F1 will be very interesting to see.

Hope Mclaren will do better Job than Mercedes in 2021

diffuser

bauc wrote:
13 Sep 2019, 14:11
Macklaren wrote:
I don't think anyone considers Eddie as reliable source for many years now, he is just creating hype out of nothing.
On the other hand, everything is possible in F1, so never say never :)
Well it was more hope than anything else I think. Pretty sure we're with Renault for the long haul..

mwillems

diffuser wrote:
13 Sep 2019, 18:42
bauc wrote:
13 Sep 2019, 14:11
Macklaren wrote:
I don't think anyone considers Eddie as reliable source for many years now, he is just creating hype out of nothing.
On the other hand, everything is possible in F1, so never say never :)
Well it was more hope than anything else I think. Pretty sure we're with Renault for the long haul..
Who knows, anyone could exit the championship between now and then and the dynamics could change entirely.
Give a man a fire, and he will be warm for a night.
Set a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

mclaren111

GP Today:

Sainz... Seidl a 'big step forward' for McLaren

https://www.gptoday.net/en/news/f1/2507 ... or-mclaren

Jambier

Seidl says that 2023 is the target to fight again for championship, not before that.

Everyone expects the top 3 to remain the same in 2021.
Then maybe budget cap will help others

Andres125sx

Usual PR BS, with a huge regulation change none can be sure, and I'd bet most of them are expecting a huge step forward

diffuser

The only thing you can be sure of is the big 3 will be spending 50% more money developing the car for 2021. Once we hit 2021 that'll drop significatntly (we hope). That's why Ross Brawn wanted to implement the budget cap for 2020 and the new regs for 2021.

Mattchu

Anyone else think Seidl could be Jacques Villeneuves` illegitimate brother...

_cerber1

"The team has a lot of work ahead for next year; we have made great progress with the next car. It will also be the first car designed by James Key with this new team structure. It will be a good first step!"

https://soymotor.com/noticias/sainz-has ... res-968969

marmer

Mattchu wrote:
17 Sep 2019, 15:02

https://i.postimg.cc/tTsFvpQC/sevi.jpg
I hope seidl got the brains lol if he didn't I would be worried

M840TR

Mattchu wrote:
17 Sep 2019, 15:02

https://i.postimg.cc/tTsFvpQC/sevi.jpg
Only three more days...

Jambier

diffuser wrote:
17 Sep 2019, 14:35
The only thing you can be sure of is the big 3 will be spending 50% more money developing the car for 2021. Once we hit 2021 that'll drop significatntly (we hope). That's why Ross Brawn wanted to implement the budget cap for 2020 and the new regs for 2021.
Indeed let the top 3 prepare 2021 with big money is very silly

ESPImperium

Im thinking that McLaren will take till 2025 before they can challenge again for a championship.

They are getting the right building blocks in place. This year that have got a good car with some trick components. Renault has a poor car, and will probably finish 5th, behind their customer team. Renault and Mclaren are getting through the engine side of things quick enough, with all power units diverging they will get closer to the front. Id recon that there will be a Mclaren podium in the next eighteen months, if the race falls the right way.

Renault are spending big at the moment, they are spending €80m a year on equipment, tools and upgrades to bring them closer to the front, they will do so once they get the right folk in the design team and management. McLaren have done it the opposite way, management and building blocks first, then upgrades and new equipment. Racing Point are spending big at the moment, as they are spending €160m on their new building with wind tunnel, simulator and all what they need in one building. Mercedes, Ferrari and Red Bull are spending as well, Alfa are lining up a major injection in infrustructure in wind tunnel upgrades, and i am lead to believe they are getting their own driver in the loop simulator they will complete all they need. Williams are tactically spending, but they need a management rehash in the same breath. As for Haas, they are more like a race team, they need to invest in facilities, only problem is that the things they ripped out the Banbury HQ that Marussia had, they will now need, they need their act together and spend now as the resource and budget restrictions will bite as all of the budget cap will hit them as they won't be able to spend on much needed upgrades when they need, even though Dallara is they supplier. Toro Rosso are taking all the Red Bull hand me-downs, and they are investing in some areas.

Its a arms race out there in F1. Ross Brawn had it right, the regulations should have been delayed till 2021 with a budget cap in 2020. I personally, think that chassis teams need to be limited to 1,000 staff, and again, trying to get this figured out may be difficult.

McLaren are on the right track, and we will see McLaren fo further advancements next year as they have already switched, the mid pack will catch them for the rest of this year, but they may have some tracks that may just suit the car and will be enough to keep them ahead of Renault and the others. The car seems to go well at tracks that the Red Bull goes well at somehow.