Silly Season 2020/2021 (starting with silliness in 2019)

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
PlatinumZealot

Re: Silly Season 2020/2021 (starting with silliness in 2019)

@ Hulk to Williams. Surely it will be Nicolas Lattifi with all his moneybags taking that seat next year!
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

Manoah2u

Surely Williams will announce they will have an 'exciting driver pairing' for 2020 whom will motivate the team to further improve upon their 'undeniable' comeback from the problems they faced at the start of the 2019 season which veiled the potential of their legendary outfit. :lol:

and are happy to welcome Latifi to the 'tight' Williams family, aswell as welcoming some 'exciting new' sponsors. :mrgreen:

They will also 'thank' Kubica for his 'unimaginable' help and experience and his fairytale story to come back into the highest motorsport event in the world, and are proud to have been part of that bold move and will 'carry on' his legacy after being so 'bold and daring' to give him a car to compete with against their 'talented' youngster George Russell who will now carry on the mantle of leading the team towards the future and a return to where they belong: at the front.
:lol:

Expect some 'tearshedding, heartbreaking yet heartful' stories in 2020 on how the aftermath of the 2019 start still carries on into 2020 and will additionally prove to have a toll on 2021 too, but how they managed to overcome due to the fantastic management and leadership this team encompasses and how they all work together with their faces aimed towards their legendary success.

in other words, bash a bit more into their scapegoat and act like they're the gods of f1 who can't do anything wrong.

Latifi-Russell surely will be the 2020 lineup.
I just hope Kubica will go somewhere more competitive. Haas, hopefully, or Alfa Romeo, but i don't expect that, really.

That said, i did expect the Williams team to have folded by the end of the season.
It doesnt seem that grave, but to be honest, since Haas 'stole' Rich energy from them (as has been mentioned),
then Rich Energy should have been the Williams sponsor and we would have had a Black-gold Williams.
But, seeing how Storey trolled Haas for not beating RB and having had a lesser successfull run, causing a whole stir in the team relations, one can only imagine what would have happened from the start of the season if Williams DID end up with Rich energy instead of Rokit, and if that happened, and Storey pulled the plug and took money with him, one might wonder more whether such a thing would have not been too much for Williams?

In other words, they surely have been sour that Rich were snatched away, but in the end, that might actually be what saved their bottocks......
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

GPR-A

Link -> BINOTTO: MAX AND CHARLES WILL CREATE UNNECCESARY DIFFICULTIES
Ferrari team principal Mattia Binotto has ruled out signing Max Verstappen to be Charles Leclerc’s future teammate at Maranello.

With quadruple Formula 1 World Champion Sebastian Vettel struggling at present, many see youngster Leclerc as the obvious new number 1 at the famous Maranello team.

Like Vettel, Verstappen is out of contract at Red Bull-Honda after 2020, and the Dutchman is clearly eyeing the potentially vacant cockpit in red.

“Charles and I could get along at the same team,” Verstappen said last week.

Former F1 supremo Bernie Ecclestone would like to see that happen and told Auto Motor und Sport, “They are two completely different characters who win their races in different ways. That’s why choosing between them is difficult for me. You could only really compare them in the same car, and that would be good to see.”

However, Ferrari boss Binotto told he told La Gazzetta dello Sport, “I came up at the time of Michael Schumacher, when Rubens Barrichello or Felipe Massa was next to him.”

“I think we should have a great first driver and another driver who can win races and score points. Something like Hamilton and Bottas. Two drivers together like Max and Charles creates unnecessary difficulties for the management of the team,” Binotto added.
So, it is evident that Leclerc is going to lead Ferrari and that means, for as long as Leclerc is in Ferrari, Max is not an option for Ferrari.

NathanOlder

One door shuts in Max's face.

After reading Jos saying RedBull better be careful that they may lose Max if they can't provide Max with a title contending car, it may in fact be that Max needs to be careful, as Lewis may sign a new deal and Merc put Russell next to him to learn. Then RedBull can offer Max a pay cut and Max has no choice but to take it.
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

Scorpaguy

Kub's recent interview (on the F1 website) seems to have him indicating he will not be at Williams.While he seems to dub the F1 pathway as viable...such may be in a support/3rd driver role as the other vacant seats do not seem a good fit (although a pair of curmudgeons at Alfa would be great just for the radio banter alone). I suspect it is either Williams or nothing as far as driving goes. Not sure what other series he might be contemplating....DTM, FE, WEC would be the usual suspects...he did sorta drive for Bykolles for a bit. However, Audi has just confirmed DTM talks.

DChemTech

So it seems that grosjean will stay at HAAS. That's an unexpected development. Leaves few options for Hulk then.

Jolle

So, for 2020 all the seats are confirmed except the RedBull/Toro Rosso seats, the Ferrari seat at Sauber and one at Williams that will need to pay some bills.

Guess that leaves a sim seat at Mercedes Hulks best option.

NathanOlder

What is happening to Newey's role at RedBull now he is joining the Extreme E Series ??
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

Big Tea

NathanOlder wrote:
19 Sep 2019, 11:17
What is happening to Newey's role at RedBull now he is joining the Extreme E Series ??
I had not seen anything of that series, it looks Very interesting. Looking forward to it.
Thanks for pointing.
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

NathanOlder

Big Tea wrote:
19 Sep 2019, 11:23
NathanOlder wrote:
19 Sep 2019, 11:17
I had not seen anything of that series, it looks Very interesting. Looking forward to it.
Thanks for pointing.
No problem, The Extreme E doesn't start until 2021 I believe so still a way off at the moment but I'm wondering how much Newey will be involved in that, especially as his son is involved in his team as well.
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

Morteza

Last edited by Morteza on 19 Sep 2019, 14:57, edited 1 time in total.
"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool."~William Shakespeare

Jackles-UK

So a Hulkenberg return to Williams? I know he’s held in very high esteem by the Williams team from his initial stint there but it would mean a big departure from their recent recruitment strategy. Hulkenberg brings in very little (if any) sponsorship with him now that he has ended his relationship with Dekra and would want a decent salary. Would be a great yard stick for Russell though.

DChemTech

Jackles-UK wrote:
19 Sep 2019, 14:56
So a Hulkenberg return to Williams? I know he’s held in very high esteem by the Williams team from his initial stint there but it would mean a big departure from their recent recruitment strategy. Hulkenberg brings in very little (if any) sponsorship with him now that he has ended his relationship with Dekra and would want a decent salary. Would be a great yard stick for Russell though.
I don't expect that - there's not enough gain for both parties. Williams needs the money of a pay driver, Hulkenberg needs a car that has a remote chance of getting him on the podium... Williams will only strengthen his lead in the never been on the podium competition.

Based on the current option, I'd say either he goes to Alfa (small chance, as Ferrari would do anything to keep an Italian on the grid), or he's out to FE or so. One of the RB/TR seats might be a very, very remote option, but I wouldn't even put a dime on that right now.

Big Tea

DChemTech wrote:
19 Sep 2019, 15:59
Jackles-UK wrote:
19 Sep 2019, 14:56
I don't expect that - there's not enough gain for both parties. Williams needs the money of a pay driver, Hulkenberg needs a car that has a remote chance of getting him on the podium... Williams will only strengthen his lead in the never been on the podium competition.

Based on the current option, I'd say either he goes to Alfa (small chance, as Ferrari would do anything to keep an Italian on the grid), or he's out to FE or so. One of the RB/TR seats might be a very, very remote option, but I wouldn't even put a dime on that right now.
If you can not get the job you want, you take the one on offer. Better to be in F1 by any means than not to be.
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

Manoah2u

Williams will have latifi. No Hulk.

I'm very surprised with Haas though.

Really, grosjean?!!!!
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"