Silly Season 2020/2021 (starting with silliness in 2019)

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
NL_Fer

Re: Silly Season 2020/2021 (starting with silliness in 2019)

Could Kubica be competative in Formula E?

All those tight street circuits, tight cabin and continues use of that recovery peddle.

izzy

NL_Fer wrote:
19 Sep 2019, 21:18

All those tight street circuits, tight cabin and continues use of that recovery peddle.
yes all those issues and i think he needs power steering really, like DTM

netoperek

Showing a FU to Williams is understandable, given how fishy it all looked. Dang, I hope Robert will write a bio after he retires from F1 (hopefully in a distant future) to let us read why and to what extent did they screw him at Williams. It must have been really bad to make him give them a finger even though he had 2 years contract after such effort put into his comeback.

Scorpaguy

izzy wrote:
19 Sep 2019, 22:58
NL_Fer wrote:
19 Sep 2019, 21:18

yes all those issues and i think he needs power steering really, like DTM
I would think FE has about 50% of the physicality of F1. Speeds are lower, accel/decel rates lower, G-loading of less duration/lap, steering wheel less intricate, etc.

But Kub is an aggressive driver, not sure that battery mgmt would be his cup of tea.

Still, I want him racing somewhere.

izzy

Scorpaguy wrote:
20 Sep 2019, 04:20

I would think FE has about 50% of the physicality of F1. Speeds are lower, accel/decel rates lower, G-loading of less duration/lap, steering wheel less intricate, etc.

But Kub is an aggressive driver, not sure that battery mgmt would be his cup of tea.

Yes racing somewhere, with whatever the lessons are from this year, which I suspect means not single seaters

netoperek

izzy wrote:
20 Sep 2019, 10:16
Scorpaguy wrote:

Yes racing somewhere, with whatever the lessons are from this year, which I suspect means not single seaters
Why would that be? He was great in Monaco GP, which is as tough as it gets in single seaters regarding physical constrains. For those know it alls after looking at the time sheets, even excluding conspiracy theories, a quick reminder: Kubica still drives 1st spec engine, while Russel has newest specs.

Jolle

netoperek wrote:
20 Sep 2019, 11:12
izzy wrote:
Scorpaguy wrote:

Why would that be? He was great in Monaco GP, which is as tough as it gets in single seaters regarding physical constrains. For those know it alls after looking at the time sheets, even excluding conspiracy theories, a quick reminder: Kubica still drives 1st spec engine, while Russel has newest specs.
If you can drive a F1 car on speed for two hours, any other racing series is almost easy.

Capharol

Jolle wrote:
20 Sep 2019, 11:58

If you can drive a F1 car on speed for two hours, any other racing series is almost easy.
sorry to say but this is BS .... only think of WEC (24hr races) or Rally .....

iotar__

Capharol wrote:
20 Sep 2019, 12:19
Jolle wrote:
20 Sep 2019, 11:58

sorry to say but this is BS .... only think of WEC (24hr races) or Rally .....
- I agree, he was fine in +30 km rally stages, except for hairpins ;-). With more than a decent speed and improvements, which is important, on gravel.

- Based on WRC and IMO talent is still there, less but about enough. Loss of time due to hand conditon is measurable and should be a constant. The rest I have no clue, car, team, drivers? Personally I don't care, Williams in '19 is garbage so it's harder to judge. Maybe we'll see next season. If he's not good enough (age, break), fine.

Oh look Horner has too much time (planetf1.com): "Horner ‘can’t see’ why Haas kept Grosjean"
Makes perfect sense, he wouldn't know, would he =P~ ? He has been wasting seats and top seats for a decade. Top seats wasted on Albon, Gasly, Kvyat, Ricciardo (yes Ricciardo, there were better options), Vettel (yes Vettel, there were better options) TR same plus Hartley, f.. Hartley after 8 years, top of the pile Red Bull's elderly "junior".

As for Verstappen, remember when Gasly outqualified him in a Toro Rosso in wet conditions? On merit, no rain lottery. How good was this car, and how big of a waste was Gasly, Hartley pair. In alternative F1 media reality they both were announced a success. Speaking of Gasly, one or two races driving in circles in competetive no man's (was it Bahrain?) land and he already was worthy of a top seat.

That's how much opinions of experts mean, they are literally and less literally bought, obligatory "Wehrlein is the only Merc candidate" reference.

Manoah2u

iotar__ wrote:
20 Sep 2019, 14:50

Oh look Horner has too much time
he wouldn't know, would he =P~ ?
He has been wasting seats and top seats for a decade.
Top seats wasted on Albon, Gasly, Kvyat, Ricciardo, Vettel

As for Verstappen, remember when Gasly outqualified him in a Toro Rosso in wet conditions? On merit, no rain lottery. How good was this car, and how big of a waste was Gasly, Hartley pair. In alternative F1 media reality they both were announced a success.
can't tell if being serious but if.....then what a load of tripe

top seats wasted on ricciardo and vettel? better options? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Alonso declined.
Vettel gave them 4 WDC titles.
Ricciardo beat Vettel in his maiden year.

:lol: :lol:

i hope this is a joke
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

Big Tea

netoperek wrote:
20 Sep 2019, 11:12
izzy wrote:
Scorpaguy wrote:

Don't know that turning the wheel is the problem rather than the things that have to be 'twiddled' while doing it.
he had some 'buttons' moved to the other side so possibly its upshift-ballance forward- dif out- knob 144 to 76 all at the same time.
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

Capharol

Manoah2u wrote:
20 Sep 2019, 15:36
iotar__ wrote:
20 Sep 2019, 14:50

Oh look Horner has too much time
he wouldn't know, would he =P~ ?
He has been wasting seats and top seats for a decade.
Top seats wasted on Albon, Gasly, Kvyat, Ricciardo, Vettel

As for Verstappen, remember when Gasly outqualified him in a Toro Rosso in wet conditions? On merit, no rain lottery. How good was this car, and how big of a waste was Gasly, Hartley pair. In alternative F1 media reality they both were announced a success.
can't tell if being serious but if.....then what a load of tripe

top seats wasted on ricciardo and vettel? better options? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Alonso declined.
Vettel gave them 4 WDC titles.
Ricciardo beat Vettel in his maiden year.

:lol: :lol:

i hope this is a joke
i was thinking exactly the same thing and more , like ....what a load of .....[can be filed in by anyone themselves]

NathanOlder

How interesting could this be....

Lando joining Mercedes driver management

grandpx.news/lando-norris-to-be-managed ... es-report/

Russell and Norris to be team mates in 2021, Lewis goes to Ferrari with Charles.

yes please.
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

Just_a_fan

Lewis will retire at the end of 2020 is my guess. He's already said he doesn't like the way F1 is going from 2021 so it would make sense to retire before that season. I'd be surprised if Ferrari don't win the title next year, so I think Hamilton will decide to call it quits on 6 titles and a drawer full of wins/poles.

Possibility of a year in Formula E according to the following in the Express:
Toto Wolff says he and Lewis Hamilton have discussed the possibility of the Brit racing in Formula E.

Hamilton is under contract with Mercedes’ F1 team until the end of next season, at which point major rule changes are expected to be brought in by Liberty Media.

The five-time world champion has been very vocal in his disregard for the proposals being put forward.

And Hamilton has started to consider switching to Formula E.

”Lewis follows a lot of motorsports and we have certainly already talked about Formula E,” Wolff told SNTV.

“When we were both unable to sleep in Shanghai, it came on TV and we sat together watching. We exchanged some ideas there then.

“Lewis is a versatile driver who really has an eye for that sport.

“If the popularity for Formula E will increase, then he really is someone who is open to it. But now his focus is still on Formula 1.”

Mercedes recently launched their Formula E team and hired ex-F1 driver Stoffel Vandoorne to drive alongside former F2 ace Nyck De Vries.

The electric series is growing from strength to strength and could soon be a rival to motorsport’s premier competition.

Earlier this year, Hamilton admitted he would consider racing in Formula E.

“That is something I have kind of been debating,” Hamilton told the Sun.
https://www.express.co.uk/sport/f1-auto ... c.outbrain
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

Big Tea

Just_a_fan wrote:
03 Oct 2019, 11:50
Lewis will retire at the end of 2020 is my guess. He's already said he doesn't like the way F1 is going from 2021 so it would make sense to retire before that season. I'd be surprised if Ferrari don't win the title next year, so I think Hamilton will decide to call it quits on 6 titles and a drawer full of wins/poles.

Possibility of a year in Formula E according to the following in the Express:
Toto Wolff says he and Lewis Hamilton have discussed the possibility of the Brit racing in Formula E.

Hamilton is under contract with Mercedes’ F1 team until the end of next season, at which point major rule changes are expected to be brought in by Liberty Media.

The five-time world champion has been very vocal in his disregard for the proposals being put forward.

And Hamilton has started to consider switching to Formula E.

”Lewis follows a lot of motorsports and we have certainly already talked about Formula E,” Wolff told SNTV.

“When we were both unable to sleep in Shanghai, it came on TV and we sat together watching. We exchanged some ideas there then.

“Lewis is a versatile driver who really has an eye for that sport.

“If the popularity for Formula E will increase, then he really is someone who is open to it. But now his focus is still on Formula 1.”

Mercedes recently launched their Formula E team and hired ex-F1 driver Stoffel Vandoorne to drive alongside former F2 ace Nyck De Vries.

The electric series is growing from strength to strength and could soon be a rival to motorsport’s premier competition.

Earlier this year, Hamilton admitted he would consider racing in Formula E.

“That is something I have kind of been debating,” Hamilton told the Sun.
https://www.express.co.uk/sport/f1-auto ... c.outbrain
There was an interview with Hamilton this weekend and he said he would never consider Formula E?
I wil try to find it

Part of this series
This is the 'will you go to Ferrari' bit https://f1.channel4.com/video/lewis-hamilton-the-man/
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.