2019 Renault F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
diffuser

Re: 2019 Renault F1 Team

And it has nothing to do with Ocon being French .... Not sure why they just don't say that instead of say BS like that. Whatever... I'm sure for those that matter they know Hulk's value.

Bonker T

dans79 wrote:
11 Sep 2019, 15:49
Does anyone else see the irony in Prost making these statements?

https://www.grandprix.com/news/hulkenbe ... prost.html
Renault ousted Nico Hulkenberg because he is too "pessimistic" and "negative".

That is the claim of Renault advisor and F1 legend Alain Prost, as he explained why the French works team has instead signed up fellow Frenchman Esteban Ocon for 2020.
"We don't want pessimistic drivers, which is why we opted for Ocon," Prost told Sky Italia.
There is no Sky italia piece about this, its just some made up tabloid stuff.
Alot of other not so high regarded sites just ran with it..

JordanMugen

diffuser wrote:
11 Sep 2019, 20:57
And it has nothing to do with Ocon being French ...
Ocon + Gasly would be a fine lineup indeed. :) Would save Renault Sport F1 plenty on driver salaries, that could be better spent on car development.

If Renault reserve driver Sirotkin still has a budget, he would also be an excellent choice to partner Ocon.

Think of the savings. =D>

Mclarensenna

JordanMugen wrote:
14 Sep 2019, 02:05
diffuser wrote:
Ocon + Gasly would be a fine lineup indeed. :) Would save Renault Sport F1 plenty on driver salaries, that could be better spent on car development.

If Renault reserve driver Sirotkin still has a budget, he would also be an excellent choice to partner Ocon.

Gasly was so useless he could not even bring the car home anywhere near Verstappen. Austria Max 1st Gasly in 7th.
Qualifying also he is nowhere. Usually up to 1 second off the pace.
Ric last year won 2 races with redbull with incredible drives and maybe more if not for 8 reliability retirements.
Max also won races last year.
Gasly is completely useless. You get what you pay for.
Even with a low salary i think he was on 1 million or less Redbull did not want him in the car.
Redbull demoted him for a reason.
So it has nothing to do with salary Redbull demoted him. Redbull would turn down a pay driver like Sirotkin even if he offered 10 million. It is just not worth it if the driver is not good.

Ric is doing his job, Renault is the failure who have missed every target they set themselves.
Without him the car would be even worse and have less sponsorship money.
Cyril even stated a top driver attracts staff which he admitted is very hard to poach the best staff without a top driver.
Plus Ric entices sponsors
Plus advertising as he is in so many renault commercials and promotions. This we have no number for but he possibly could have increased Renault sales by 100 million or more. Who knows?
We know Mercedes in 2014 admitted they got 2 billion in free advertising.
So thats why Merc pay Hamilton the big bucks. As he alone could have contributed 1 billion to that.
Nobody knows for sure but the number is big.
Otherwise Merc would put 2 pay drivers in that car if it was so easy to win and save Hamiltons salary.

Williams tried the budget driver approach and look how downhill that team went.
It is a losing strategy and confused why you would suggest it.

Capharol

Ricciardo excluded from qualifying for MGU-K infringement

https://www.racefans.net/2019/09/21/ric ... ringement/

diffuser

Mclarensenna wrote:
18 Sep 2019, 09:21
JordanMugen wrote:
14 Sep 2019, 02:05
diffuser wrote:

Williams tried the budget driver approach and look how downhill that team went.
It is a losing strategy and confused why you would suggest it.
I would not blame Williams situation on the drivers.

Gastly just proved that he was not ready. Not sure he's done yet. He was average at best last year though. Ocon has kept up with Perez, which says something.

djos

Capharol wrote:
21 Sep 2019, 21:01

What a load of BS, it was a microsecond in duration and caused by a curb strike over-rev!
"In downforce we trust"

Capharol

djos wrote:
22 Sep 2019, 02:48
Capharol wrote:

What a load of BS, it was a microsecond in duration and caused by a curb strike over-rev!
if it was really that do you really think they would have put him on the back?
because that microsecond doesn't effect a laptime or anything that a driver should be punished for that and why of a sudden does the MGU-K overrev due to curb strike? we had 14 other races where he hit the curb multiple times and there it was never an issue.....

i like the honeybagger very much but there must be more to it then what you say

djos

Capharol wrote:
22 Sep 2019, 10:13
djos wrote:
Capharol wrote:

because that microsecond doesn't effect a laptime or anything that a driver should be punished for that and why of a sudden does the MGU-K overrev due to curb strike? we had 14 other races where he hit the curb multiple times and there it was never an issue.....

I think it's quite clear there is no margin for error in the regulations.
"In downforce we trust"

Capharol

djos wrote:
22 Sep 2019, 10:21
Capharol wrote:
22 Sep 2019, 10:13
djos wrote:

I think it's quite clear there is no margin for error in the regulations.
but if you think yourself about it .... a microsecond (explanation from Renault).... advantage? not really

BrunoH

it does not matter, going over is going over... a micro second, of a full second... the rules are clear.

diffuser

I like black and white regs. No room for inturpretatrion, less chance of prefential treatment. It is what it is.

gokarter

shame renault got caught. but the reality is ferrari is cheating every race in qualifying but ferrari international assistance turning a blind eye to alll there cheats.

SmallSoldier

gokarter wrote:shame renault got caught. but the reality is ferrari is cheating every race in qualifying but ferrari international assistance turning a blind eye to alll there cheats.
Keep the conspiracy theories out of this thread...

They didn’t got “caught” cheating... They run so close to the limit that an unexpected event made them go over it.

RIC was driver of the day for me today... In a track that is considered one of the hardest to overtake in, he was carving his way through the field until he had his crash... He could have finish well into the points.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

SmallSoldier

Damage to Carlos car:

Via @Albertfabrega

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk