2019 Aston Martin Red Bull Racing - Honda F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Juzh

Re: 2019 Aston Martin Red Bull Racing - Honda F1 Team

verstappen's P4 lap. This is all I have at this time. I'll do some more stuff after the race.
You can see on the dash he's 0.15s up on his first run, then loses this advantage in the penultimate corner complex. Still, I think this is the most the car was capable of doing, P3 was out of reach even with a perfect lap.

https://streamable.com/dccyc

Wouter

IvailoStefanovBG wrote:
21 Sep 2019, 21:54
Watching Vettlel`s onboard due to nighttime of qualifying dashbord can be clearly seen. All four tires are overheating trough the entire lap. They sacrifice tire life for better Q performance and hoping that can`t be overtaken on this city track. For me this is not sustainable car development - this is just bad performance management. This can work on track like Monza and Singapore but there are still 17 - 18 races. Redbull is facing two unsuitable tracks in a row like Spa and Monza and now Ferrari`s are doing some tricks in Singapore... Let`s not loose hope and wait till tomorrow .... Bottas is 1 sec behind pole also...
Could you see if the Mercedes and RBR tires are overheating too or a (little) less or were they just fine?
The Power of Dreams!

IvailoStefanovBG

Wouter wrote:
22 Sep 2019, 10:04
IvailoStefanovBG wrote:
Watching Vettlel`s onboard due to nighttime of qualifying dashbord can be clearly seen. All four tires are overheating trough the entire lap. They sacrifice tire life for better Q performance and hoping that can`t be overtaken on this city track. For me this is not sustainable car development - this is just bad performance management. This can work on track like Monza and Singapore but there are still 17 - 18 races. Redbull is facing two unsuitable tracks in a row like Spa and Monza and now Ferrari`s are doing some tricks in Singapore... Let`s not loose hope and wait till tomorrow .... Bottas is 1 sec behind pole also...
Could you see if the Mercedes and RBR tires are overheating too or a (little) less or were they just fine?
Only Ferrari`s tyres can be monitored on dash trough Q laps and I think this is only available on Vettlel`s car. Mercs dashboard gives only temperatures for 4 tyres in charge mode. In Q mode this info is not available. Same for RB....
PS: Now I see tha Leclerc`s dashboard show some values in 4 boxes - 1 for every tyre. They start from 1 and after passing 5 they glow in red. In his pole lap this values reached over 20!!! or more - can`t be clearly seen...

diffuser

McMika98 wrote:
22 Sep 2019, 09:05
diffuser wrote:
22 Sep 2019, 03:17
I doudt that the drivability is the problem. There are probably a few little things that the Ferrari does better that add up to something. 1 of them is more power.

Think you don't understand how hard it is to beat Merc and Ferrari.
Power! Really? This track there is barely any straights. Its got more corners than Monaco. Look at how quickly the competition drives off from low gear acute apex corners. Toro Rosso as a reference is further corroboration as they should have been Q3 contenders with the high downforce setup.
R u saying you understand how to beat Ferrari and Merc?
If you watched Sky sports, they showed LeClerc out accellerate Hamilton down the first sector. Probably a 10th.

Wouter

IvailoStefanovBG wrote:
22 Sep 2019, 13:15
Wouter wrote:
22 Sep 2019, 10:04
IvailoStefanovBG wrote:
Only Ferrari`s tyres can be monitored on dash trough Q laps and I think this is only available on Vettlel`s car. Mercs dashboard gives only temperatures for 4 tyres in charge mode. In Q mode this info is not available. Same for RB....
PS: Now I see tha Leclerc`s dashboard show some values in 4 boxes - 1 for every tyre. They start from 1 and after passing 5 they glow in red. In his pole lap this values reached over 20!!! or more - can`t be clearly seen...
Thank you @ IvailoStefanovBG!
The Power of Dreams!

Jaisonas

basti313 wrote:
22 Sep 2019, 10:00
Bill wrote:
22 Sep 2019, 07:00
It's not misfire it cylinder deactivation they had this technology since 2015 and has been discussed since forever
You mean the off throttle sound Honda and Renault engines do? This is not meant here, it is the crazy bangs sometimes especially on charging laps.
Yea thats probably some unburned fuel going to the exhaust

Bill

No they is no unburned fuel the whole point of the technology is save fuel by running half the cylinders rather Max 6 . You just pump air into them without ignition. You should look into some of the translations from Honda Japanese engineers done in the past.

Jaisonas

I know they deactivate cylinders, but that bang, wasnt the usual cylinder deactivation. And just on this race, i saw flame coming out of Albon's exhaust. I'll vid it after the race. With those aggressive throttle applications, not all fuel can be burned.

Bill

Max doesn't seem to have problems pulling away from Mercedes what happened to their Friday pace

nzjrs

Reasonable race. If you had of offered Verstappen 3rd ahead of the race I think he would have taken it. Nice to see the starts were good and Albon didn't drop back into the midfield.

ME4ME

As good as it could have been today. Well done to Verstappen and the pit crew.

bauc

Max keeps maximizing every opportunity for podium this year, my hat goes off - great job
Формула 1 на Македонски - The first ever Macedonian Formula 1 YouTube channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJkjCv ... 6rVRgKASwg

Bill

He does if he not crashing into someone

JordanMugen

basti313 wrote:
22 Sep 2019, 06:00
Sounded like someone shot a rifle....can not be good for engine life.
Have you heard the F2 engines? They are positively obnoxious, the anti-lag (if I understand correctly) is exceedingly aggressive with gunfire-like sounds. Yet reliability of the Mechachrome engine and its turbo that gets attacked with anti-lag fire seems quite robust! :shock:

Jaisonas wrote:
22 Sep 2019, 14:41
I know they deactivate cylinders, but that bang, wasnt the usual cylinder deactivation. And just on this race, i saw flame coming out of Albon's exhaust. I'll vid it after the race. With those aggressive throttle applications, not all fuel can be burned.
It's nice to see and hear a little aggression and flame-spitting from the normally so economical and carefully managed F1 power units.

(The F2 engines are probably too much the other way though IMO. :lol: )
basti313 wrote:
22 Sep 2019, 10:00
This is not meant here, it is the crazy bangs sometimes especially on charging laps.
Is it an indictment on F1, that is considered remarkable and out of the ordinary for a racing engine, now known as "power unit", to make pops and bangs!? :o :?:

The V8 Supercar Mercedes engine used to have very aggressive pops: https://youtu.be/tWhNY6nlD1U?t=142 *bang* *bang* *bang* *bang* *bang* lol
Last edited by JordanMugen on 22 Sep 2019, 17:19, edited 2 times in total.

loner

not too shaby, waiting for Newey respond to Ferrari upgrade and final Honda antique.
nice last 2 laps with the stubborn astute LH.
para bellum.