Red Bull RB15

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
lio007

Re: Red Bull RB15

LuisFeF1 wrote:
20 Sep 2019, 20:02
NEW BARGEBOARD

It is shorter than the previous version (white and red arrows)
Now it is not attached to the Turning Vanes (green arrows) and then we can see part of the Splitter (yellow arrow)
There is one error in the comparison-pic: the first is not from Monza but from Silverstone (look at the special 007-livery)

godlameroso

LuisFeF1 wrote:
20 Sep 2019, 20:02
NEW BARGEBOARD

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/487 ... c8c3_c.jpg

It is shorter than the previous version (white and red arrows)
Now it is not attached to the Turning Vanes (green arrows) and then we can see part of the Splitter (yellow arrow)
Looks like they're trying to divert more airflow towards the bargeboards with that cutout.
Saishū kōnā

LuisFeF1

lio007 wrote:
20 Sep 2019, 22:41
There is one error in the comparison-pic: the first is not from Monza but from Silverstone (look at the special 007-livery)
It really is not a mistake. I already knew that the image is not from Italy.
We are talking about bargeboards not sponsors!
As you know the last update of the bargeboard was in Spain. From Spain to Italy I only chosen the best image to make the comparison.
Regards

Capharol

LuisFeF1 wrote:
21 Sep 2019, 11:10
lio007 wrote:
20 Sep 2019, 22:41
It really is not a mistake. I already knew that the image is not from Italy.
We are talking about bargeboards not sponsors!
As you know the last update of the bargeboard was in Spain. From Spain to Italy I only chosen the best image to make the comparison.
Regards
he could be correct anyway, because they only used the 007 - Logo at Silverstone and not at Monza, that's what he meant

this one is taken on thursday at Monza

Morteza

RB15's diffuser in Singapore
Last edited by Morteza on 23 Sep 2019, 23:32, edited 1 time in total.
"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool."~William Shakespeare

LuisFeF1

·It seems that "Red Bull" has trimmed part of the two central vertical fins.
·Or it could also be that these fins are inclined.
·Or is it perhaps an optical effect?
What do you think?

MtthsMlw

LuisFeF1 wrote:
22 Sep 2019, 19:40
https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/487 ... 837c_o.jpg

·It seems that "Red Bull" has trimmed part of the two central vertical fins.
·Or it could also be that these fins are inclined.
·Or is it perhaps an optical effect?
What do you think?
My first impression was that they are inclined but in this shot the left one seems straight and the right one inclined.
Weird optical effect.. :?

LuisFeF1

MtthsMlw wrote:
22 Sep 2019, 22:40
My first impression was that they are inclined but in this shot the left one seems straight and the right one inclined.
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EE7LcdqXkAM ... name=large
Look at the green arrows:

In the Singapore difuser the double arrow is longer than old version, while blue arrows are practically the same lenght.
Well, I am almost convinced that there is a new diffuser.

MtthsMlw

LuisFeF1 wrote:
23 Sep 2019, 19:05
MtthsMlw wrote:
22 Sep 2019, 22:40
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EE7LcdqXkAM ... name=large
Look at the green arrows:
https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/487 ... 87a4_c.jpg

In the Singapore difuser the double arrow is longer than old version, while blue arrows are practically the same lenght.
Well, I am almost convinced that there is a new diffuser.
Yes that top picture shows it quite well. The outer most vertical strakes are different too. Bit longer and splitted in to two if I see that correctly.
Depends on from when that top pic is though. Don't know if thats an older update.

LuisFeF1

More changes in the new Red Bull diffuser:

Two cuts instead of one at the bottom of the vertical fins (See red and green arrows)

hkbruin

I think Red Bull was running too much rear wing on their car during the Singapore weekend. I think the drag penalty was more significant than the added downforce..

GhostF1

hkbruin wrote:
24 Sep 2019, 21:05
I think Red Bull was running too much rear wing on their car during the Singapore weekend. I think the drag penalty was more significant than the added downforce..
Doesn't look like they had any issues with speed whatsoever tbh. Their issue was incorrect chassis/suspension setup caused by false simulator data for the Singapore track.

https://www.grandprix.com/news/simulato ... marko.html

ispano6

GhostF1 wrote:
25 Sep 2019, 02:35
hkbruin wrote:
24 Sep 2019, 21:05
Doesn't look like they had any issues with speed whatsoever tbh. Their issue was incorrect chassis/suspension setup caused by false simulator data for the Singapore track.

https://www.grandprix.com/news/simulato ... marko.html
If max downforce was the goal and if they still lacked downforce, then they indeed were adding drag. Straight line speed was honestly concerning but probably expected with high df package thinking they can make up time in the corners. Also the fact that they didn't bring parts to be able to go in a different direction seems rather silly. I'm sure they've learned a real good lesson.

nzjrs

ispano6 wrote:
25 Sep 2019, 14:10
If max downforce was the goal and if they still lacked downforce, then they indeed were adding drag. Straight line speed was honestly concerning but probably expected with high df package thinking they can make up time in the corners. Also the fact that they didn't bring parts to be able to go in a different direction seems rather silly. I'm sure they've learned a real good lesson.
I asked already, but I really wonder to what they could be referring when they said they didn't have the parts to change the setup. What is so difficult to transport that they could not bring with them? Considering they typically have parts for 1.5 complete spare cars trackside, does that imply they have another chassis version that is more/less/stiff? or some complete alternative suspension parts that were too heavy to bring with?

Its a fascinating insight IMO.

LuisFeF1

Russian GP: New reinforcement for Turning Vanes?
Last edited by LuisFeF1 on 25 Sep 2019, 18:57, edited 1 time in total.