2019 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
loner

Re: 2019 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

CL need to relax a bit he shows bitterness if he don't get what he want.
para bellum.

Sharnlarry

loner wrote:
22 Sep 2019, 17:22
So does Vettel and a lot of other drivers. People need to understand Charles is not a number 2 like Kimi was and he won’t hide his emotions.

loner

Sharnlarry wrote:
22 Sep 2019, 17:26

So does Vettel and a lot of other drivers. People need to understand Charles is not a number 2 like Kimi was and he won’t hide his emotions.
a bit over.
para bellum.

Sevach

loner wrote:
22 Sep 2019, 17:22
As pointed out most drivers behave like that.
Provided he doesn't do anything stupid trying to show something to the team it's not an issue.

Charles is right to be more than a little pissed and has done nothing wrong as it relates to his job, i'm 100% ok with him.

ferkan

I'm thinking CL is relatively ok with how it all turned out. He now knows he has top car till the end of the year and that hid pace advantage over his team mate is there. I think he will easily beat Vettel till the rest of the year, and can see it starting Sochi.

gdanielwesley

loner wrote:that was great update for Singapore thumbs up. 8)
Hopefully it's not a Singapore only thing

Sent from my POCO F1 using Tapatalk

ME4ME

Charles did everything right today, and so did Vettel. Strong effort from the team too, finally working like a well oiled machine.

izzy

Bisonas wrote:
22 Sep 2019, 16:44
Trying to support Seb for what ??? What Ferrari has to gain ?? because supporting Seb in that way, you only make Leclerc underwhelm. It's a very big risk that Ferrari shouldn't be taking.

The difference between Leclerc and Verstappen if you ask me is that If Verstappen was in the same situation he wouldn't play along. He would come on the radio and say, "Look , I am faster, i am doing what ever you are saying, and i keep ending up behind him. It's not the first time that is happening. I am going full at him on a track that you can't overtake. If we touch , its on you. Its your fault. Don't blame me." That was what Verstappen would say on Radio for all the people to listen. And that is what Leclerc isn't doing atm. He has the backing of most ppl in Italy and most of the press, but he lacks the backing of Ferrari's racing team management. It's on him to take actions.
Its much more easy and probable for Binotto to leave Ferrari, than Leclerc. leclerc should know that and play the game accordingly.
in Ferrari the driver is just another tool :lol:

seriously, ask Alain Prost or Fernando Alonso what happens next when a driver takes on La Scuderia. What works at Red Bull doesn't work there

alexx_88

Some smart people in the paddock are going to start talking to Charles after this race. Totally unfair, unnecessary and a repeat of the first few races of the year. I wouldn't be surprised if Mercedes snatch him.

Bisonas

izzy wrote:
22 Sep 2019, 19:11
Bisonas wrote:
22 Sep 2019, 16:44
Trying to support Seb for what ??? What Ferrari has to gain ?? because supporting Seb in that way, you only make Leclerc underwhelm. It's a very big risk that Ferrari shouldn't be taking.

The difference between Leclerc and Verstappen if you ask me is that If Verstappen was in the same situation he wouldn't play along. He would come on the radio and say, "Look , I am faster, i am doing what ever you are saying, and i keep ending up behind him. It's not the first time that is happening. I am going full at him on a track that you can't overtake. If we touch , its on you. Its your fault. Don't blame me." That was what Verstappen would say on Radio for all the people to listen. And that is what Leclerc isn't doing atm. He has the backing of most ppl in Italy and most of the press, but he lacks the backing of Ferrari's racing team management. It's on him to take actions.
Its much more easy and probable for Binotto to leave Ferrari, than Leclerc. leclerc should know that and play the game accordingly.
in Ferrari the driver is just another tool :lol:

seriously, ask Alain Prost or Fernando Alonso what happens next when a driver takes on La Scuderia. What works at Red Bull doesn't work there
None of the names you mentioned where young prospects labeled the future of F1.
Prost and Alonso when they departed they where big names already, with a lot of success in F1 that may thought their names are bigger than Ferrari. They all left at a time that all parties wanted to move on. Somehow it was kind of mutual decision to split. Or some ultimatum that went bad from one or the other side.
On that occasions, when its hierarchy is challenged, yea Ferrari may treat their drivers just like another tool.

With Leclerc is not the same. He is very young, he is labeled the future of Ferrari and F1, in a period that Ferrari strangles to reoccupy the No1 status in the sport. With restructure after restructure having no success a young kid comes to give hopes of a brighter future to Ferrari. He hasn't had much success in the sport and he is very Hungry for it, he is not such a big name to challenge ferrari yet, he is already faster of Vettel and with the right push he seems ready to do great things. He has the backing of 90% of the press in Italy and most of Ferrari fans.

If ferrari mess this up, a lot of heads will drop in the highest level of management. Binotto is replaceable all the people are replacable tbh, but the least replaceable atm is Leclerc.

That's my opinion.

timbo

Well, honestly, if Leclerc was 0.3 s faster in his in lap, he'd have come out ahead of Vettel. And if Ferrari pitted both cars the other way around, they would probably be 1-3 with Verstappen in between.
Really, Vettel's out lap and his pace on restarts is what gave him win.

marmer

I think Ferrari where banking on Charles being able to go much faster on that one extra lap so it's just sour grapes from Charles. If he had stop first Hamilton could have followed him in to cover off vettel leading to a 1-3 instead of a 1-2 or Hamilton could have stayed out and he might have been able to pull a gap Ferrari didn't know this. And from vettels point of view I suspect he only came in when he did after Hamilton didn't come in and Ferrari saw the gap in traffic if that gap hadn't have opened I don't think anyone would have put when they did.

LM10

alexx_88 wrote:
22 Sep 2019, 19:22
Some smart people in the paddock are going to start talking to Charles after this race. Totally unfair, unnecessary and a repeat of the first few races of the year. I wouldn't be surprised if Mercedes snatch him.
Would make zero sense. As long as Hamilton is there, driver number 2 will just be wingman.

Post-race Leclerc told that if the team shows him that the reason of how the pit stops were done was to ensure 1-2 then he'll completely understand it because it's for the good of the team. But in the car it's frustrating, he told.
In that interview he was relaxed and smiling, so no worries, he's just fine and acting in a pretty mature way.

Sevach

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/lecl ... e/4546565/

Total pro attitude from Leclerc, i'm betting on him for Sochi =D>

trinidefender

Here is an angle that I haven't seen being raised yet. Leclerc screwed Vettel in qualifying in Monza when he was supposed to give him a tow down the main straight effectively ruining his qualifying chances. I wonder if internally in Ferrari that this was managements way of telling Vettel sorry and that if Leclerc doesn't play the team game then Ferrari is happy to give the win to Vettel.

And just for full disclosure I am am a fan of Leclerc and not really a huge fan of Vettel. I just can't believe that the events of qualifying in Monza are forgotten that easily.