Honda Power Unit Hardware & Software

All that has to do with the power train, gearbox, clutch, fuels and lubricants, etc. Generally the mechanical side of Formula One.
ispano6

Re: Honda Power Unit Hardware & Software

According to Marko:

We were driving with a new engine in Singapore and we are getting a new fuel for Suzuka.

Wouter

The Power of Dreams!

saviour stivala

All four drivers - sixteen races - 23 ICE'S.

Capharol

saviour stivala wrote:
26 Sep 2019, 13:10
All four drivers - sixteen races - 23 ICE'S.
start reading some articles .....

McMika98

Kvyats Spec 4.0 lasted half a race without even using it on 2 practice sessions. There is only 6 races left surely an engine should last 7 races, well not the Honda. If they dont blow the competition as in RedBull ahead of Ferrari and Toro Rosso ahead of Mclaren then this will be a futile exercise.

Marti_EF3

McMika98 wrote:
26 Sep 2019, 18:00
Kvyats Spec 4.0 lasted half a race without even using it on 2 practice sessions. There is only 6 races left surely an engine should last 7 races, well not the Honda. If they dont blow the competition as in RedBull ahead of Ferrari and Toro Rosso ahead of Mclaren then this will be a futile exercise.
It was twice an oil leak, not the PU. So I don't know what you're talking about...

McMika98

Marti_EF3 wrote:
26 Sep 2019, 18:09
It was twice an oil leak, not the PU. So I don't know what you're talking about...
So if it is fine to use, then why not use it in this race here as it only has done less than half a race. Its Kvyat's home race and if 3 guys are getting penalty then he has good chance of using his spec to max output and getting a good result if it is possible.
There is no way that one of the Toro Rosso will get near podium in Japan so why compromise them both. They should have split strategy give one guy max mode on the pool and the other can get it on next race. Makes zero sense to compromise all of them for one race in Japan at which they will get a car in podium best case scenario.

sn809

McMika98 wrote:
26 Sep 2019, 18:42
Marti_EF3 wrote:
So if it is fine to use, then why not use it in this race here as it only has done less than half a race. Its Kvyat's home race and if 3 guys are getting penalty then he has good chance of using his spec to max output and getting a good result if it is possible.
There is no way that one of the Toro Rosso will get near podium in Japan so why compromise them both. They should have split strategy give one guy max mode on the pool and the other can get it on next race. Makes zero sense to compromise all of them for one race in Japan at which they will get a car in podium best case scenario.
=D> I am sure you get the big bucks in the team meeting room.

flexcon

Wish I had the recording but:

That Honda engine is making quite a few pops sounds on various corners. Backfire level sounding, not the usual babbling sound.

Someone else here mentioned this before since Spec4 was introduced

Jaisonas

flexcon wrote:
27 Sep 2019, 11:10
Wish I had the recording but:

That Honda engine is making quite a few pops sounds on various corners. Backfire level sounding, not the usual babbling sound.

Someone else here mentioned this before since Spec4 was introduced
Here you go, made 2 recordings for this. I find the bangs really enjoyable to listen.

flexcon

Jaisonas wrote:
27 Sep 2019, 11:18

Here you go, made 2 recordings for this. I find the bangs really enjoyable to listen.
Amazing. Thank you.

If someone has a chance to watch back FP1 and listen in to Verstappen - its 3 times as loud as in this video. It's a proper BANG!

Markievv

I recorded this at Spa last month. This was during FP3 on Albons car. Listen for the bang on the upshift.

https://streamable.com/fcd2y

Sounds a bit like a firecracker on the video but IRL it was a loud bang. Albons car was the only one doing this.

GhostF1

McMika98 wrote:
26 Sep 2019, 18:42
Marti_EF3 wrote:
This is amazing. Do you watch this sport? =D>

daniellammers

Markievv wrote:
27 Sep 2019, 12:02
I recorded this at Spa last month. This was during FP3 on Albons car. Listen for the bang on the upshift.

Sounds a bit like a firecracker on the video but IRL it was a loud bang. Albons car was the only one doing this.
Love the reaction from the crowd, they're like: what
You won't catch me driving a race car that I have built.

- Colin Chapman

lio007

daniellammers wrote:
27 Sep 2019, 13:23
Markievv wrote:
27 Sep 2019, 12:02

Love the reaction from the crowd, they're like: what
Does this kind of blow-sound at the end of the clip, when shifting, sound healthy in your opinion?