Intake Valve and Feliks' ideas

All that has to do with the power train, gearbox, clutch, fuels and lubricants, etc. Generally the mechanical side of Formula One.
Feliks

Re: Intake Valve

You see this animations?

Andrew :D

Carlos

Your brilliant whimsy, imagination and engineering virtuosity illuminates the Forum with delight, your ideas always make me very thoughtful; rewarding; with a smile. :D

Ciro PabΓ³n

Wonderful. Great ideas, excellent images, what a way to put things in perspective (in all the meanings of the word). Without any doubt, this is the best thread in the history of the forum.
Ciro

Feliks

Carlos wrote:Your brilliant whimsy, imagination and engineering virtuosity illuminates the Forum with delight, your ideas always make me very thoughtful; rewarding; with a smile. :D

But it, you know it definitely :

Regards Andrew :)

PlatinumZealot

Guys i really like this thread... =D> Interestingly i was helping my machinist with his new engine design just the other day.

I can't really spill to much info... but it's has no valves at all..and compresses air twice..and is very small.

The trouble is, since he is just and old machinist.. he is not able to Create a model on the computer to test it..see which parts collide etc.. And i had no time to do it for him..
πŸ–οΈβœŒοΈβ˜οΈπŸ‘€πŸ‘ŒβœοΈπŸŽπŸ†πŸ™

riff_raff

While I applaud Feliks' creativity, I would also (unfortunately) point out that he seems to ignore the immutable laws of physics and thermodynamics.

Nice animations. Good fun to look at. But not practical concepts for IC engines. I can see lots of issues with tribology, dynamic balance, heat transfer, kinematics, etc. There's a very good reason that the modern recip piston engine still looks very similar to the one Messr's Otto and Diesel first laid out over 100 years ago: It was the best design then and it's still the best design now.
"Q: How do you make a small fortune in racing?
A: Start with a large one!"

Feliks

You know last time my distaste for transmission cogged ??
Visit Ricardo Company -http://www.ricardo.com/engineeringservi ... ngineering I see many problem with it.

My solve: Wind motion my oscillating dynamo packs, without any cogged transmission:

Regards Andrew :D :D

PlatinumZealot

you seem to be fond of oscillating motion and connecting rods..

PlatinumZealot

Hey riff-raf i just made a modification to your rotating valve design.. i haven't put it on the computer yet though is just a sketch..

How long did it take for you to patent it? and which countries did you choose patent it?

Feliks

But if you no like oscillating dynamo , I have my proposes without this:
Name Beam Dynamo.

Such type of pump has been born for too, that produce electric current from marine waves can .
Under-sea fields with energy?

Regards Andrew :D :D

Feliks

A nice post-application for oil-pump after the derricks will be completely dried up ! :)

And then, it will be possible to buy all for symbolic dollar it. :D

In Beam Dynamo we can change input data using set off pulles.

This pull my story:You know last time my distaste for transmission cogged ??

First principle pulles:

Regards Andrew #-o

deeligee

There are no good designed valves they get in the way of the fuel going into the engine. There should be no intake stroke at all its waisting time and power!!!lol.

Feliks

You know , if dreams me diesel helicopter?

Regards Andrew :D

PlatinumZealot

that dynamo that you had for ocean waves is a good idea..

If waves can lift up a cruise ship you can get an idea of the amount of power that lies in the waves.. i think you need to concentrated on refining it more.. not many wave energy systems are proven to work to satisfaction..

Your engine for the helicopter.. i think you have too much oscillation.. there are going to be huge vibrations unless you counter act it buy using two of those engines.
that shaft is not going to last very long.

riff_raff

Feliks does make a good point. Gears have efficiency losses due to their imperfect contact motion. Any sliding contact, as opposed to pure rolling contact, induces friction losses.

If you can design a mechanism using links instead of gears, it will probably be more efficient.
"Q: How do you make a small fortune in racing?
A: Start with a large one!"