2019 Aston Martin Red Bull Racing - Honda F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
restless
restless

Re: 2019 Aston Martin Red Bull Racing - Honda F1 Team

dxpetrov wrote:
02 Oct 2019, 06:32
You can use any diagram you want, but the reality is the RBR are doing worse than they did last and previous year, pace wise.
Care to give some arguments - for race pace, or this is a matter of faith?

dxpetrov
dxpetrov

nzjrs wrote:
02 Oct 2019, 07:42
dxpetrov wrote:
nzjrs wrote:
01 Oct 2019, 16:43

I don't entirely agree with you, and AFAICT this season doesn't agree with you on the change, and the rate of change.

From reddit. I don't love the graph, I would like to see such a chart for the other years I guess, or even time relative to 1st position, nevertheless I found it showed something.

https://old.reddit.com/r/formula1/comme ... 8_vs_2019/

https://i.imgur.com/Yy9Oy5R.png
You can use any diagram you want, but the reality is the RBR are doing worse than they did last and previous year, pace wise.
I said I don't love the chart, but regardless, I'm amazed how an adult human can live in the world by the mantra expressed in your comment.
Not quite following what you meant. Is that suppose to be an offense or a joke?

seense
seense

Here we go again, just like 2017 when they had optimal data of the car at the beginning of the season.

Marko full of confidence that Verstappen can go for title in 2020
https://translate.google.nl/translate?s ... 4547966%2F

dxpetrov
dxpetrov

restless wrote:
02 Oct 2019, 07:57
dxpetrov wrote:
No more faith needed. I've been a RB fan for last 10 years or so, compared to some that just joined as part of the ''Honda Brigade''. It pains to realize that for last few seasons back we had arguably the best chassis with inferior engine, where we could regularly fight for the wins during the races (mostly thanks to amazing tyre management) and all to be changed to worse this year where they suppose to have access to a ''better'' power unit.

Bill
Bill

The average qualifying from pole with Renault was 0.7 behind since Austria with Honda is 0.3 so yes you did get the best engine. Redbull problems are a result of new front wing it hurt their aerodynamic philosophy may they should copy merc and Ferrari and put a cape on front wing nose.

jz11
jz11

My personal opinion regarding this years performance - there is absolutely nothing wrong with the design or performance, the way they designed the car around Renault was to have great performance at selected tracks (Monaco for instance), and sort of forget about the more power demanding ones, just because they had no chance of competing on those

this year however, they tried to make a better all round car to see where they are with the new engine, and I think they aren't doing nearly as bad as naysayers will want to make you believe, different development path when compared to last couple Renault years, but it sure looks way more promising than the last few years

and I think the average performance comparisons aren't really reliable, because you can't really account for all the compromises the team had to do at each track, there are way too many variables and just 20 samples per year

etusch

Marko: "Verstappen will fight for the championship in 2020.

Helmut Marko, a Red Bull motorsport consultant, is confident that Max Verstappen will have a package to compete for the championship at Red Bull next year.

This year, Red Bull parted ways with the engine supplier Renault and switched to the Honda engine.

It was clear that the Japanese producer was in need of improvement at the beginning, but proved to be in good condition to win the races before the summer break.

The team is aware that it is still behind in the engine section, but expects it to disappear completely next year.

Helmut Marko thinks Verstappen can fight for the championship in such a situation.

"I believe that next year we will be much better off the chassis than this year," Marko said in an exclusive interview with Motorsport.com.

"If we look at the progress Honda has made, we believe that we will be constantly at the same level as our rivals Mercedes and Ferrari next year."

"In general, we didn't have any problems with the durability of the engine. Sometimes we have mapping problems, but in general everything is going well."

“This season, we had already planned that we needed extra engines. We've made progress in the field of power, including new engines and a grid penalty. "

"I think Honda is doing a great job. We know they've had big endurance problems in the past, and that's something that worries them. But this season we haven't had any engine problems."

"I think they're working on the right things and doing a good job. We're convinced we won't be the third team next year." said.

So Marko expects the car to be good from the first race next year.

When asked what the team is doing to prevent this year from recurring, "We've done a lot of work internally, and the data we get about next year makes us positive." replied.

https://tr.motorsport.com/f1/news/marko ... k/4551416/

Zynerji

dxpetrov wrote:
02 Oct 2019, 09:16
restless wrote:
02 Oct 2019, 07:57
dxpetrov wrote:
No more faith needed. I've been a RB fan for last 10 years or so, compared to some that just joined as part of the ''Honda Brigade''. It pains to realize that for last few seasons back we had arguably the best chassis with inferior engine, where we could regularly fight for the wins during the races (mostly thanks to amazing tyre management) and all to be changed to worse this year where they suppose to have access to a ''better'' power unit.
:lol: You were part of the "Underdogs Winning" brigade from 10 years ago, and dare to poke fun at the "Honda Brigade" now? Hilarious! =D>

Big Tea

I wonder how much the loss of a very experienced driver has hurt them? Max is becoming one, and sims can cover a lot of things, but there still needs some link between theory and track.
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

ispano6

Red Bull Driver's Suzuka Circuit Preview

Got my tickets, can't wait to be there in person.

langedweil

Bill wrote:
02 Oct 2019, 10:08
The average qualifying from pole with Renault was 0.7 behind since Austria with Honda is 0.3 so yes you did get the best engine. Redbull problems are a result of new front wing it hurt their aerodynamic philosophy may they should copy merc and Ferrari and put a cape on front wing nose.
Exactly .. as soon as the simplified FW ruling was set in stone it was clear that it would go and hurt the high rake philosophies most (and favor low-rake, long chassis).
So far the Fw concept proved to be the way to go, but with the cape it seems that that levelled off a bit now.
HuggaWugga !

ispano6

According to Pierre Wache:

"Red Bull will be bringing to Suzuka a further revised version of the front wing used since France that aided in their two wins this season. Although it's not only for Suzuka, it can be called a "Suzuka special" since it will have greater effect at Suzuka.

As for the engine, this latest Spec 4 was built especially with Suzuka in mind so it can be considered a "Suzuka special".

「鈴鹿にはフランスGPから使用して、今年2勝に大きく貢献したフロントウイングをさらに大きく進化させた新フロントウイングを投入する予定になっている。鈴鹿のためだけに開発したものではないけれど、鈴鹿ではその効果がより大きく発揮されるので、鈴鹿スペシャルと呼んでもらってもいい」
そのレッドブルの車体"RB15"に搭載するHondaのパワーユニット"RA619H"もまた、特別な思いで開発された、ある意味、鈴鹿スペシャルと言っていいだろう。

https://www.suzukacircuit.jp/f1/special/honda.html

Alexf1
Alexf1

Interesting. Thanks. Hope it will be BRs answer to the cape

Marti_EF3

Nice to hear they will bring some updates too, hopefully with the same effect than the last revised FW =D>

McMika98
McMika98

People are giving way too much credit to the cape. That is not the main reason for the Ferrari resurgence, they have a new floor with update diffuser and have increased the rake as well. Thats where they have made gains. Its probably their 4th floor for this year but now have hit the jackpot. Plz stop quoting the cape non sense.
F1Tv has done a great technical feature with Rob Smedly on Merc vs Ferrari comparison. RedBull this year have been slower in slow speed and only as good in medium speed corners. The car is just a handful to drive. Max said that he was happy with balance in Friday and topped the sheets immediately but then crashed in FP3 which didnt help quali performance.