2019 Japanese Grand Prix - Suzuka, Oct 11 - 13

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
waynes

Re: 2019 Japanese Grand Prix - Suzuka, Oct 11 - 13

better exit out of Spoon. The Renault and the Mclaren of Kimi were particularly fast on that day. Noticeably quicker than everyone around them. The Ferrari had more of a wet set up on as well IIRC

TAG

Capharol wrote:
07 Oct 2019, 12:49
TAG wrote:
07 Oct 2019, 02:41
iotar__ wrote:
07 Oct 2019, 01:13
And so it begins, every damn track is Hamilton's favourite :wink: .
No, it's not, he was outqualified by Rosberg three years in a row. If that's excelling what would you call being quicker?
Maybe you're right I was confused because despite Rosberg out qualifying him three times, Hamilton won two out of the three. Coming to think of it, he's only won in Suzuka four times, so you're right it's not one of his best circuits. How silly of me.
TBH, he is right in some way, every race it's the same old song.... but you tend to forget the Ferrari's who has a better car now then Mercedes does and a driver that seems to be able to drive with that car .... that driver drove last year at Alfa Romeo and to me is the big favorit from now on until proven otherwise.....FYI times start to change...

(oh and i am defenitly not a Ferrari or Leclerc fan)
The reason the guy is blocked by 90% of forum members is because he sees what he wants to see. The other portion of my post he didn't bold... Leclerc and Hamilton to fight it out once again is my prediction for the weekend.

I don't take it personally, as a matter of fact, I laughed, it rolls off like water off a duck's back. I'll stick with my prediction, if it isn't cancelled outright.
माकडाच्या हाती कोलीत

ENGINE TUNER

djones wrote:
07 Oct 2019, 13:31
Andres125sx wrote:
07 Oct 2019, 07:40
Suzuka is old, far from as safe as modern tracks, but IMHO best track no (layout) ever, even when with modern cars taking 130R flatout a big challenge has evaporated

Alonso passing Schumacher in 2005 at the outside will always be one of the best/most dangerous/impressive overtakes ever

Edit: take this as a cuadruple tribute to Alonso, Schumacher, 130R when it still was a corner, and that V10 sound =P~
What was the full story here?

It does not look like a fair overtake, more like the Ferrar is on worn tyres or something. The extra speed the Renault has in the built-up is ridiculous.
Michelin won every REAL race in 2005, Ferrari were on Bridgestones, no tire changes allowed that year.

Capharol

TAG wrote:
07 Oct 2019, 16:34
Capharol wrote:
TAG wrote:
07 Oct 2019, 02:41

Maybe you're right I was confused because despite Rosberg out qualifying him three times, Hamilton won two out of the three. Coming to think of it, he's only won in Suzuka four times, so you're right it's not one of his best circuits. How silly of me.
TBH, he is right in some way, every race it's the same old song.... but you tend to forget the Ferrari's who has a better car now then Mercedes does and a driver that seems to be able to drive with that car .... that driver drove last year at Alfa Romeo and to me is the big favorit from now on until proven otherwise.....FYI times start to change...

The reason the guy is blocked by 90% of forum members is because he sees what he wants to see. The other portion of my post he didn't bold... Leclerc and Hamilton to fight it out once again is my prediction for the weekend.

I don't take it personally, as a matter of fact, I laughed, it rolls off like water off a duck's back. I'll stick with my prediction, if it isn't cancelled outright.
ok true that i didn't read (your bolded line) then i agree with you 100%

I wonder tho why i doesn't have him blocked yet ... should i be worried 🤔🤣🤣

foxmulder_ms

MtthsMlw wrote:
07 Oct 2019, 13:05
Race will be canceled, calling it now
If it is cancelled, the driver championship is mathematically over. lol.

richardn

foxmulder_ms wrote:
07 Oct 2019, 16:51
If it is cancelled, the driver championship is mathematically over. lol.
Not quite, Bottas could still win the WDC.

GPR-A

Capharol wrote:
TAG wrote:
Capharol wrote:

Very worried, IF you don't believe in and accept the diversity of the forum posters and their opinions.

ispano6

Just_a_fan wrote:
06 Oct 2019, 16:44
f1jcw wrote:
06 Oct 2019, 14:45
Hypothetical question.

If the rain was so bad that they had to cancel Sunday and the race, what would happen.
1 less race helps Lewis and Mercedes against a resurgent Ferrari.

If the points were even closer I’d presume this would cause a big controversy, would it be case of just sucking it up
Yes. If conditions don't petmit racing then the fixture is void and season has fewer points available. Don't see why it should be controversial.
If the race starts and is canceled after rain, there is still a winner. It's not like they take an event off the calendar. I really doubt they won't start the race, for all the fans in attendance. It may be a safety car start to allow drivers to deem it safe, but it may end in the processional order of qualifying.

TAG

ispano6 wrote:
07 Oct 2019, 18:25
Just_a_fan wrote:
f1jcw wrote:
06 Oct 2019, 14:45
Hypothetical question.

If the rain was so bad that they had to cancel Sunday and the race, what would happen.
1 less race helps Lewis and Mercedes against a resurgent Ferrari.

If the points were even closer I’d presume this would cause a big controversy, would it be case of just sucking it up
Yes. If conditions don't petmit racing then the fixture is void and season has fewer points available. Don't see why it should be controversial.
If the race starts and is canceled after rain, there is still a winner. It's not like they take an event off the calendar. I really doubt they won't start the race, for all the fans in attendance. It may be a safety car start to allow drivers to deem it safe, but it may end in the processional order of qualifying.
If a race has to be abandoned before 75% of the planned distance has been completed all points are halved. I think it also has to go greater than 50% of race distance to receive points.
माकडाच्या हाती कोलीत

ispano6

TAG wrote:
07 Oct 2019, 19:00
ispano6 wrote:
07 Oct 2019, 18:25
Just_a_fan wrote:

If a race has to be abandoned before 75% of the planned distance has been completed all points are halved. I think it also has to go greater than 50% of race distance to receive points.
Thanks for the clarification. I should add that the start can be delayed (indefinitely) and I've read the entire event with delay cannot exceed 4 hours. The 50% race distance didn't seem to indicate laps, however, and I wasn't sure if half distance simply indicated 1 hour of racing instead of reaching 50% of the lap count.

Capharol

GPR -A wrote:
07 Oct 2019, 18:10
Capharol wrote:
TAG wrote:

Very worried, IF you don't believe in and accept the diversity of the forum posters and their opinions.
I do, but mine is always right .... :wink: 8) :lol: :lol:

Andres125sx

djones wrote:
Andres125sx wrote:
Suzuka is old, far from as safe as modern tracks, but IMHO best track no (layout) ever, even when with modern cars taking 130R flatout a big challenge has evaporated

Alonso passing Schumacher in 2005 at the outside will always be one of the best/most dangerous/impressive overtakes ever

Edit: take this as a cuadruple tribute to Alonso, Schumacher, 130R when it still was a corner, and that V10 sound =P~

It does not look like a fair overtake, more like the Ferrar is on worn tyres or something. The extra speed the Renault has in the built-up is ridiculous.

It´s called tow/slipstream :P Seriously, it´s obious at that point he was much faster, but that does not reduce the merit, it was a real corner wich required some throttle release to pass at a minimum speed (apex speed) of around 300km/h :o And that´s with the perfect line with only one car . Now imagine there´s a car at your inside wich you can´t know if will reduce speed to let you pass or not (he had the inside so in theory didn´t need to) so you can´t be sure if that maneouver will cause an accident at that extremelly high speed on a corner with a wall not that far from the track. Now imagine that driver who you can´t know if will lift off or not is someone called the Kaiser, 7 times WDC and the winner of last 4 WDC, who never give up.

I know now it may look not that impressive, but I watched it live and while they were aproaching the corner I was thinking... Schumy covered the inside, no way... what are you doing Alonso?... wait for a better chance, too risky... give up! giv... hooly sh*t, he did it! :wtf: :wtf: :wtf:

IMHO that overtake is the perfect definition of big balls :mrgreen:

Capharol

Andres125sx wrote:
07 Oct 2019, 19:19
djones wrote:
Andres125sx wrote:

It´s called tow/slipstream :P Seriously, it´s obious at that point he was much faster, but that does not reduce the merit, it was a real corner wich required some throttle release to pass at a minimum speed (apex speed) of around 300km/h :o And that´s with the perfect line with only one car . Now imagine there´s a car at your inside wich you can´t know if will reduce speed to let you pass or not (he had the inside so in theory didn´t need to) so you can´t be sure if that maneouver will cause an accident at that extremelly high speed on a corner with a wall not that far from the track. Now imagine that driver who you can´t know if will lift off or not is someone called the Kaiser, 7 times WDC and the winner of last 4 WDC, who never give up.

I know now it may look not that impressive, but I watched it live and while they were aproaching the corner I was thinking... Schumy covered the inside, no way... what are you doing Alonso?... wait for a better chance, too risky... give up! giv... hooly sh*t, he did it! :wtf: :wtf: :wtf:

IMHO that overtake is the perfect definition of big balls :mrgreen:
with a better compound as your opponent :wink:

F1Krof

If Ferrari works well here, it really would be a "what could have been" situation.

Can't wait for the race to start. I just hope the rain doesn't hit the track so badly as the forecasts show.
Wroom wroom

loner

seems a big deal
Hagibis is Earth’s fourth Cat 5 of 2019
Hagibis a threat to Japan
For the next 2-3 days, Hagibis should remain a formidable typhoon. Wind shear affecting Hagibis will remain low to moderate (around 10 knots). Sea surface temperatures will cool only slightly, dropping to around 29°C (84°F), and the environment will get somewhat drier (mid-level relative humidity dropping from around 70% to around 60%). There will likely be fluctuations in Hagibis’s strength based mainly on the timing of one or more eyewall replacement cycles. Any of these could bring down the top sustained winds for a day or more, while enlarging Hagibis by spreading the wind energy over a broader area.
Through this week, Hagibis will carve out a classic recurvature path, arcing toward the northwest and then north toward Japan and perhaps making landfall this weekend on the island of Honshu. Small variations in the timing and angle of the recurvature will determine what parts of Honshu might be affected. It’s a safe bet that Hagibis will be significantly weakening as it approaches Japan, thanks to increasing wind shear, drier air, and cooler SSTs, but the pace of that weakening remains to be seen. In its Monday morning forecast, JTWC predicted that Hagibis would be nearing the central coast of Honshu east of Kyoto on Saturday as a Category 2 storm.
https://www.wunderground.com/cat6/Categ ... tems-Watch
para bellum.