2014-2020 Formula One 1.6l V6 turbo engine formula

All that has to do with the power train, gearbox, clutch, fuels and lubricants, etc. Generally the mechanical side of Formula One.
Zynerji
59
Joined: Wed Jan 27, 2016 3:14 pm

Re: 2014-2020 Formula One 1.6l V6 turbo engine formula

Post by Zynerji » Wed Oct 09, 2019 3:11 am

wuzak wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 1:09 am
Could these butterflies be part of the variable inlet system?
100%

hurril
44
Joined: Tue Oct 07, 2014 12:02 pm

Re: 2014-2020 Formula One 1.6l V6 turbo engine formula

Post by hurril » Wed Oct 09, 2019 7:04 am

Zynerji wrote:
Tue Oct 08, 2019 11:37 pm
gruntguru wrote:
Tue Oct 08, 2019 11:21 pm
Agree with @mudflap. Highly unlikely (and probably illegal) to operate butterflies at valve train frequency. You would be talking six actuators operating at very high speed. It is hard enough to get the intake valves to operate at these speeds - butterflies as well???

Using Miller cycle to help homogenise main-chamber mix - quite possible - interesting idea.

On definitions Atkinson cycle describes the general family of engines with CR<ER including those using weird mechanisms. (eg https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CNsJOsnuIMA)

Miller cycle is a subset of these using valve timing to reduce CR without affecting ER.
It is proven that the "butterflies" exist as I've described. They look like an oddly formed cam shaft, so 3 cylinders operated per shaft.

At this point, how is there still an argument? It would only make sense that it would operate at valve train speeds as synchronization would obviously be required.
Can I read about these proven butterflies somewhere?

michl420
6
Joined: Sun Apr 18, 2010 4:08 pm
Location: Austria

Re: 2014-2020 Formula One 1.6l V6 turbo engine formula

Post by michl420 » Wed Oct 09, 2019 8:50 am

In Russia, the two ferraris were instructed to save fuel during the lap 1 SC. Does this mean they started with 110 kg in the fuel tank? I assumed that this happens only on very fuel intense tracks like singapure. It would also indicate that at last the ferrari engine is still fuel limited.

Zynerji
59
Joined: Wed Jan 27, 2016 3:14 pm

Re: 2014-2020 Formula One 1.6l V6 turbo engine formula

Post by Zynerji » Mon Oct 14, 2019 11:23 pm

hurril wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 7:04 am
Zynerji wrote:
Tue Oct 08, 2019 11:37 pm
gruntguru wrote:
Tue Oct 08, 2019 11:21 pm
Agree with @mudflap. Highly unlikely (and probably illegal) to operate butterflies at valve train frequency. You would be talking six actuators operating at very high speed. It is hard enough to get the intake valves to operate at these speeds - butterflies as well???

Using Miller cycle to help homogenise main-chamber mix - quite possible - interesting idea.

On definitions Atkinson cycle describes the general family of engines with CR<ER including those using weird mechanisms. (eg https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CNsJOsnuIMA)

Miller cycle is a subset of these using valve timing to reduce CR without affecting ER.
It is proven that the "butterflies" exist as I've described. They look like an oddly formed cam shaft, so 3 cylinders operated per shaft.

At this point, how is there still an argument? It would only make sense that it would operate at valve train speeds as synchronization would obviously be required.
Can I read about these proven butterflies somewhere?
I made a post with the article about the Honda Cackle engine sound. Search it up.

hurril
44
Joined: Tue Oct 07, 2014 12:02 pm

Re: 2014-2020 Formula One 1.6l V6 turbo engine formula

Post by hurril » Mon Oct 14, 2019 11:30 pm

Zynerji wrote:
Mon Oct 14, 2019 11:23 pm
hurril wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 7:04 am
Zynerji wrote:
Tue Oct 08, 2019 11:37 pm


It is proven that the "butterflies" exist as I've described. They look like an oddly formed cam shaft, so 3 cylinders operated per shaft.

At this point, how is there still an argument? It would only make sense that it would operate at valve train speeds as synchronization would obviously be required.
Can I read about these proven butterflies somewhere?
I made a post with the article about the Honda Cackle engine sound. Search it up.
I can only find claims by you based on bad assumptions on what the/a VLIM is and what a butterfly valve is. Do you have a source for your claims?

Zynerji
59
Joined: Wed Jan 27, 2016 3:14 pm

Re: 2014-2020 Formula One 1.6l V6 turbo engine formula

Post by Zynerji » Mon Oct 14, 2019 11:46 pm

hurril wrote:
Mon Oct 14, 2019 11:30 pm
Zynerji wrote:
Mon Oct 14, 2019 11:23 pm
hurril wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 7:04 am


Can I read about these proven butterflies somewhere?
I made a post with the article about the Honda Cackle engine sound. Search it up.
I can only find claims by you based on bad assumptions on what the/a VLIM is and what a butterfly valve is. Do you have a source for your claims?
I see. IIRC, there were pictures, and even someone that had built one like I described, and said it had a positive effect.

I don't have time nor inclination to go find it, but I'm guessing you were one of the vocal detractors that provided no counter evidence?

Mudflap
163
User avatar
Joined: Wed Feb 17, 2016 8:36 pm

Re: 2014-2020 Formula One 1.6l V6 turbo engine formula

Post by Mudflap » Mon Oct 14, 2019 11:56 pm

This is a bit like asking us to prove that god doesnt exist rather than you proving that he does.
How much TQ does it make though?

hurril
44
Joined: Tue Oct 07, 2014 12:02 pm

Re: 2014-2020 Formula One 1.6l V6 turbo engine formula

Post by hurril » Tue Oct 15, 2019 8:43 am

Zynerji wrote:
Mon Oct 14, 2019 11:46 pm
hurril wrote:
Mon Oct 14, 2019 11:30 pm
Zynerji wrote:
Mon Oct 14, 2019 11:23 pm


I made a post with the article about the Honda Cackle engine sound. Search it up.
I can only find claims by you based on bad assumptions on what the/a VLIM is and what a butterfly valve is. Do you have a source for your claims?
I see. IIRC, there were pictures, and even someone that had built one like I described, and said it had a positive effect.

I don't have time nor inclination to go find it, but I'm guessing you were one of the vocal detractors that provided no counter evidence?
No I was not but now I know your role.

Zynerji
59
Joined: Wed Jan 27, 2016 3:14 pm

Re: 2014-2020 Formula One 1.6l V6 turbo engine formula

Post by Zynerji » Tue Oct 15, 2019 2:42 pm

hurril wrote:
Tue Oct 15, 2019 8:43 am
Zynerji wrote:
Mon Oct 14, 2019 11:46 pm
hurril wrote:

I can only find claims by you based on bad assumptions on what the/a VLIM is and what a butterfly valve is. Do you have a source for your claims?
I see. IIRC, there were pictures, and even someone that had built one like I described, and said it had a positive effect.

I don't have time nor inclination to go find it, but I'm guessing you were one of the vocal detractors that provided no counter evidence?
No I was not but now I know your role.
You only know what you are shown. 🤣🤣

"All you know about me is what I've sold you
Dumb ---
I sold out long before you ever heard my name
I sold my soul to make a record
Dip ---
And you bought one"

hurril
44
Joined: Tue Oct 07, 2014 12:02 pm

Re: 2014-2020 Formula One 1.6l V6 turbo engine formula

Post by hurril » Tue Oct 15, 2019 3:42 pm

Zynerji wrote:
Tue Oct 15, 2019 2:42 pm
hurril wrote:
Tue Oct 15, 2019 8:43 am
Zynerji wrote:
Mon Oct 14, 2019 11:46 pm


I see. IIRC, there were pictures, and even someone that had built one like I described, and said it had a positive effect.

I don't have time nor inclination to go find it, but I'm guessing you were one of the vocal detractors that provided no counter evidence?
No I was not but now I know your role.
You only know what you are shown. 🤣🤣

"All you know about me is what I've sold you
Dumb ---
I sold out long before you ever heard my name
I sold my soul to make a record
Dip ---
And you bought one"
I have no beef with you and I don't want one. I just wanted to read the proof that you had.