2019 Japanese Grand Prix - Suzuka, Oct 11 - 13

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
Artur Craft

Re: 2019 Japanese Grand Prix - Suzuka, Oct 11 - 13

Can somebody, please, help me? I'll be working during FP3 and QLF, so I intend to watch it on my phone but I need a reliable stream( and low bandwich one for my slow internet). There used to be some links on reddit a few months ago but those are gone now. Does anybody here knows of any reliable stream?

That all if those sessions actually happen at all, considering the forecasts. :D
ENGINE TUNER wrote:
08 Oct 2019, 18:35
The problem is the pirelli tires, by their own numbers, their full wet tires move barely more than the Bridgestone intermediate tires from 2010. And they refuse to improve them, look at the foolishness that happened at the Bahrain tire test this year. Rosberg let the truth out.
Can you elaborate more on this, please?
Last edited by Artur Craft on 09 Oct 2019, 18:01, edited 1 time in total.

HPD

ENGINE TUNER

Artur Craft wrote:
09 Oct 2019, 17:56
ENGINE TUNER wrote:
08 Oct 2019, 18:35
The problem is the pirelli tires, by their own numbers, their full wet tires move barely more than the Bridgestone intermediate tires from 2010. And they refuse to improve them, look at the foolishness that happened at the Bahrain tire test this year. Rosberg let the truth out.
Can you elaborate more on this, please?
There is an interview of ROS talking about how badly the pirelli rain tires aquaplane, much more than previous f1 tires he's experienced.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.foxspo ... 3famp=true

Kaneda

Suzuka circuit live web cam (GP square)
http://webcam.wni.co.jp/MTK08875/loop.html
My Suzuka F1 video: The epic Esses
https://youtu.be/OpE4481PAmM

Morteza

"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool."~William Shakespeare

Jester Maroc

Hope their efforts get rewarded. F1 is tough...
Man's mind, once stretched by a new idea, never regains its original dimensions. ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes, Jr.

Jester Maroc

https://twitter.com/AlbertFabrega/statu ... 26304?s=19
Can someone explain this we can all (I can) understand it. What exactly is the purpose of measuring the exhaust position?

EDIT: I think I can answer my own question. This is an FIA scrutineering session, so I am guessing the cylinder was placed there by the FIA for their measurements.
Man's mind, once stretched by a new idea, never regains its original dimensions. ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes, Jr.

djos

Jester Maroc wrote:
10 Oct 2019, 09:37
https://twitter.com/AlbertFabrega/statu ... 26304?s=19
Can someone explain this we can all (I can) understand it. What exactly is the purpose of measuring the exhaust position?

EDIT: I think I can answer my own question. This is an FIA scrutineering session, so I am guessing the cylinder was placed there by the FIA for their measurements.
To prevent teams blowing wing elements there is a mandated angle, location etc that the exhaust has to be within.
"In downforce we trust"

Restomaniac

Well the Rugby Union World Cup games on Saturday has been pulled due to the typhoon. One of which is at Toyota which is around 35 miles away.

Taking into account that a rugby Union game which is played in pretty much all weathers is pulled, that the safety helicopter won’t fly in bad conditions and that these wet tyres are pretty crap I wouldn’t put any money on cars being in the track on Saturday.

iotar__

Unf wrote:
08 Oct 2019, 18:27
Guys, nowdays even one drop of water on race track leads to start behind SC and getting red flag after some "kind of Stroll" driver would miss the turn... and you are trying to discuss if race is possible next to typhoon >___>
Tell that to Bianchi.

Phil

Bianchi’s accident didnt happen because of bad weather, it just as much happened because he was driving far too fast under double waved yellows and lost it in an area in which a large metallic immobile tractor was situated. It wasnt unique to it being a typhoon situation.
Not for nothing, Rosberg's Championship is the only thing that lends credibility to Hamilton's recent success. Otherwise, he'd just be the guy who's had the best car. — bhall II
#Team44 supporter

falonso81

Qualy and race on the same day sounds good. Its one less day having to wake up early :D

search

falonso81 wrote:
10 Oct 2019, 15:12
Qualy and race on the same day sounds good. Its one less day having to wake up early :D
well, Qualifying would be 5 hours before the race start then, at 2am (central european time), so in that regard I'd call that far from ideal...

drunkf1fan

Phil wrote:
10 Oct 2019, 14:56
Bianchi’s accident didnt happen because of bad weather, it just as much happened because he was driving far too fast under double waved yellows and lost it in an area in which a large metallic immobile tractor was situated. It wasnt unique to it being a typhoon situation.

There is no known safe speed when it's raining and the safe speed for a track is reducing every corner and yes, it's entirely linked to it being wet. If it wasn't raining the speed he was going would have been safe and Sutil wouldn't have gone off either. It's also heavily linked to F1's refusal to do anything about the drivers requirement to push as hard as possible under yellow flags because not doing so would see them lose out. Without a common time/speed for all drivers then if one driver drops even 3/10ths more than another they are losing out so all drivers push harder than they should under yellow flags. This went on for years and years with no action to prevent it. We had qualifying laps where someone went faster but didn't set a green sector because they lifted for a second or two while already at close to max speed somewhere due to flags and weren't punished.

Still again even pushing under the yellows without the rain, without the changing conditions the crash wouldn't have happened.

The heavy vehicle should never be sent out on a known aquaplaning corner as well, full stop, ever. Even under a VSC or full safety car with changing conditions cars can still go off in those conditions. In those conditions there was a high enough chance of another car going off in that corner regardless of speed that recovering Sutil's car wasn't remotely priority and should never have been attempted.

The whole thing was a massive failure at every level, regulations, lack of a genuine VSC at the time, the near encouragement to push under yellows and ignoring the danger in those conditions. Bianchi deserved so much better.

NathanOlder

Jester Maroc wrote:
10 Oct 2019, 09:31
Hope their efforts get rewarded. F1 is tough...
https://i.redd.it/5ag2g9mchjr31.png
Are they standing in a set formation that I cant make out ? Or am I looking too hard at it.
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC