2019 Mclaren F1 Team - Renault

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.

FittingMechanics

Re: 2019 Mclaren F1 Team - Renault

RonDennis wrote:
10 Oct 2019, 14:18
https://twitter.com/wbuxtonofficial/sta ... 1259265024

Would have been nice.
I thought this was implied. What will Hulk do if he doesn't get a ride (looking unlikely right now).

Manoah2u

RonDennis wrote:

Would have been nice.
Hulk is shooting himself in the foot.
He has no future in F1, he has proven to to be cut of the material he think he's cut out of.
Hulk will not be racing in 2020 in F1, so it's pretty stupid to decline a MCLAREN opportunity at Indy.
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

diffuser

Manoah2u wrote:
10 Oct 2019, 18:41
RonDennis wrote:

Would have been nice.
Hulk is shooting himself in the foot.
He has no future in F1, he has proven to to be cut of the material he think he's cut out of.
Hulk will not be racing in 2020 in F1, so it's pretty stupid to decline a MCLAREN opportunity at Indy.
Can't make me do anything I don't want to.

Pretty sure if he went to formula E, he'd be one of the best, if not the best driver there.

Manoah2u

Hulk has talent, definately. It shows in his LM participations to name one.
Unfortunately, F1 is a dead end, and quite frankly always has been a dead end.
If he enjoys racing in F1, and gets a good salary, good for him.
Thing is though, he's been dumped by Renault and now he's without a seat.
It is claimed - whether true i don't know - that Haas had space for him but he claims the team don't meet his ambitions.
Offcourse that's his decision, but quite frankly, it would have been his only reasonable F1 seat, and now it's gone.
That means no F1 seat available, so what options are there for 2020?

That again, surprises me that he doesn't have interest in a Mclaren seat in INDY for 2020.
I think he'd bode well, but if he claims he doesn't want to race in ovals, well, whatever.
I personally believe that a claim like that is a bit disrespectful or better said a bit ignorant.
Yes offcourse F1 is more exciting if we concider tracks, but he's been there for a while.
He also participated in LM, been there done that.
Formula E is interesting and i'm sure he'd fare well there, but to be honest, it's always felt like some sort of 'end of the line'
spot for former or failed F1 drivers.

Personally, i'd rather compete in indy driving phenomenally fast in harsh competition, but each to his own.
Now if it were to not having interest in going to the states, that's a different story.
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

RonDennis

Manoah2u wrote:
10 Oct 2019, 22:18
Hulk has talent, definately. It shows in his LM participations to name one.
Unfortunately, F1 is a dead end, and quite frankly always has been a dead end.
If he enjoys racing in F1, and gets a good salary, good for him.
Thing is though, he's been dumped by Renault and now he's without a seat.
It is claimed - whether true i don't know - that Haas had space for him but he claims the team don't meet his ambitions.
Offcourse that's his decision, but quite frankly, it would have been his only reasonable F1 seat, and now it's gone.
That means no F1 seat available, so what options are there for 2020?

That again, surprises me that he doesn't have interest in a Mclaren seat in INDY for 2020.
I think he'd bode well, but if he claims he doesn't want to race in ovals, well, whatever.
I personally believe that a claim like that is a bit disrespectful or better said a bit ignorant.
Yes offcourse F1 is more exciting if we concider tracks, but he's been there for a while.
He also participated in LM, been there done that.
Formula E is interesting and i'm sure he'd fare well there, but to be honest, it's always felt like some sort of 'end of the line'
spot for former or failed F1 drivers.

Personally, i'd rather compete in indy driving phenomenally fast in harsh competition, but each to his own.
Now if it were to not having interest in going to the states, that's a different story.
Some drivers simply don't want to risk their life at ovals, which is understandable in my opinion.

diffuser

FE is not as attractive as F1. So it's a natural place to go when there isn't any room for you in F1. There always comes a time to move on.

mclaren111

What is this Hulkenburg nonsense doing in Mclaren tread ??

hollus

McLaren-Indy. Borderline, is the same people running both teams, after all. They can exchange resources at any time.
Now back on topic, please.
Rivals, not enemies.

FittingMechanics

Team seems to be doing good in Suzuka. They didn't mess up the setup like in Sochi so it's quite promising especially with no running tomorrow. Renault on the other hand seems to be struggling. Excited for the race, is rain expected on Sunday?

Regarding Hulkenberg and McLaren Indy, IndyCar runs ovals only on 5 of 17 races. It's not like he would be running all the races. I'm sure oval would be challenging and perhaps even seems more dangerous but he would still have plenty of races to prove his worth in the rest of the races. I'm quite disappointed he didn't want to do it, but I'd say that nothing is final as if his F1 options dry up, going to a up and coming IndyCar programme might be a decent idea. That being said, Hulkenberg can probably get a ride in WEC whenever he wants so he might go that way instead.

f1rules

sainz comment, which is very well documented in the numbers here

Sainz "Today's position corresponds to the performance. We need a little more speed in the straight, but having more load allows us to go better in the slow. In the first sector we are doing very well"

M840TR

f1rules wrote:
11 Oct 2019, 09:29
sainz comment, which is very well documented in the numbers here

Sainz "Today's position corresponds to the performance. We need a little more speed in the straight, but having more load allows us to go better in the slow. In the first sector we are doing very well"

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EGlAQM6UcAE ... =4096x4096
He could've easily been 2-3 tenths faster if not for the mistake in the final chicane where he excessively rode the first kerb. They've been quick enough today to match Redbull's race pace and end up within a second to pole but I'd say Carlos is being coy about it.

search

yeah, especially taking into account that McLaren looked super slow during the Friday long runs over the past race weekends, this was a very promising day.

proteus

I wonder if Zak manages to steal Orlen from Williams, especially since Petrobras is pulling the plug.
If i would get the money to start my own F1 team, i would revive Arrows