Red Bull RB15

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
JordanMugen

Re: Red Bull RB15

Sieper wrote:
10 Oct 2019, 15:20
I do agree the FW on Max's car does indeed look suspiciously like the Monaco wing

vs
zibby43 wrote:
10 Oct 2019, 20:59
I notice even Mercedes are now running an outwash front wing, and Williams are testing one in Suzuka free practise too.

That leaves Red Bull and Renault as the only holdouts running essentially full chord front wings IIRC.

Is it a mistake for Red Bull not to be developing the so popular outwash front wing :?:
dxpetrov wrote:
10 Oct 2019, 12:15
Obviously they have no clue what to do and forced to go back&forth with different elements to try to get lucky with best combination of downforce levels.

Could an outwash front wing potentially be the panacea to improve the RB15's (& RB16's) handling issues?

It's so frustrating that the development of the RB15 seems to be stalled, and there do not seem to be any large chassis gains on the horizon ( to bring Red Bull back into race winning contention ). :(
Zarathustra wrote:
10 Oct 2019, 15:52
Mercedes just went the Red Bull way...
But why does Red Bull refuse to go the Mercedes way on the front wing and follow Mercedes in adopting a front wing that is more similar (but less aggressive) to the Ferrari style?

jagunx51

Woowww....is this additional layer ? carbon?
Morteza wrote:
10 Oct 2019, 04:24
Detail of Red Bull rear rims. Grooved areas to interact with temperatures.
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EGep2PFUcAA7tvZ.jpg
............!!!!

Brake Horse Power

Seems to me it is casted / forged and than coated

Curbstone

I think it's clear that the FW shown earlier in this topic was not the new one. See what Max drove:Image

I don't seen any changes compared to the Sochi FW. I find it a bit strange how little changes we have seen. In the beginning of the season the story was that RBR reckoned their FW fylosophy philosophy had much more development potential than the outwash version. And also that a switch to an outwash version would be much more easy for Red Bull than for Mercedes.
Yet I haven't really seen a significant development of RB's wing, and while they are still having issues Mercedes has managed to convert to an outwash style version before RB.

Sieper

Yes, that pre fp1 wing was the Monaco wing. RBR did develop a new front wing but apparently it wasn’t deemed a succes and they have not used it. Allthough Albon ran flowvis on the FW lower outside in FP1. So maybe they did test it?

wesley123

JordanMugen wrote:
11 Oct 2019, 04:10

I notice even Mercedes are now running an outwash front wing, and Williams are testing one in Suzuka free practise too.

That leaves Red Bull and Renault as the only holdouts running essentially full chord front wings IIRC.
Everyone runs outwash as much as the rules allow.

It's so frustrating that the development of the RB15 seems to be stalled, and there do not seem to be any large chassis gains on the horizon ( to bring Red Bull back into race winning contention ). :(
The car literally got visible updates this weekend. Outside of that, improvements don't always have to be visible, or even on the car itself.
"Bite my shiny metal ass" - Bender

auv
auv

RWs of the top 3. And RB15 without T-wing here :!:

zibby43

Another photo of the RW-spec with the slot just behind the leading edge of the end plate:

ispano6

Wouter wrote:
10 Oct 2019, 12:22
dxpetrov wrote:
10 Oct 2019, 12:15
Wouter wrote:
10 Oct 2019, 11:11

Pierre Waché, Technical director said it.

Whats new?
Here the frontwing from Sochi and the new one:

https://imgr1.auto-motor-und-sport.de/R ... 631994.jpg

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EGfIMkJVUAA ... name=large
It's only new if you had a short memory. That's a pre-Austria, Monaco / France spec front wing. Obviously they have no clue what to do and forced to go back&forth with different elements to try to get lucky with best combination of downforce levels.
It's only new if you had a short memory.
Tell that to Pierre Waché, the Technical director, he said that. Tell him he has a short memory. :lol:
He merely said they were bringing one, its not like he labeled it for you to know. Why would they show the new wing publicly on a day there is no running?

zibby43

ScrewCaptain27

AMuS
"Stupid people do stupid things. Smart people outsmart each other, then themselves."
- Serj Tankian

Morteza

Via Motorsport.com
"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool."~William Shakespeare

Sieper

Thanks Gents, so a redesigned rear body cover, to let more heat be extracted out and the T wing for maximum downforce.

Morteza

Morteza wrote:
25 Oct 2019, 03:20
https://cdn-1.motorsport.com/images/mgl ... rear-1.jpg
Via Motorsport.com
Via AMuS
"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool."~William Shakespeare

MtthsMlw

AMuS