2019 Mclaren F1 Team - Renault

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
101FlyingDutchman

Re: 2019 Mclaren F1 Team - Renault

Aaaaah! Result ;-)

Ground Effect

Did the Albon v Norris incident even get investigated?
Q: (Stefano Mancini – La Stampa) Kimi, will you help Vettel to win his championship this year?
Kimi Raikkonen: I can only drive one car, obviously. 
@2018 Singapore Grand Prix drivers press conference.

McMika98

Ground Effect wrote:
13 Oct 2019, 09:49
No need. Norris drove into Albon they were side by side going into the chichane. Obviously Norrris fans are in rage but he could have closed the door or got him in the second corner. Danny Ric did a similar move on Stroll and they didnt touch.

proteus

All i can say is this: Smoooooth operatooor.
If i would get the money to start my own F1 team, i would revive Arrows

Marc.W

McMika98 wrote:
13 Oct 2019, 09:53
Ground Effect wrote:
No need. Norris drove into Albon they were side by side going into the chichane. Obviously Norrris fans are in rage but he could have closed the door or got him in the second corner. Danny Ric did a similar move on Stroll and they didnt touch.
Albon wouldn't have made the corner without the contact tbh

proteus

McMika98 wrote:
13 Oct 2019, 09:53
Ground Effect wrote:
Norris was not completely at fault. Albon is becoming a bit too optimistic or if i put in in another way too violent with his overtaking after changing seats. Must be due to the pressure to perform in RedBull, especilally in Honda home teritory.

So far Albon still didnt perform massively better than Gasly, still collecting the scraps that other top 5 are leaving behind, but in the other hand much more consistent. Gasly on the other hand is performing as good as Albon did in STR.

McL-H

So race distance is shortened by 1 lap, and therefore Hulk is tenth instead of 9th.

McMika98

Marc.W wrote:
13 Oct 2019, 10:01
We dont know that, he had same speed as Norris at the apex. The contact happened before the apex so he went stright after the contact.
Watch Danny Rics move on Stroll. Stroll goes on the outside of the first chichane, making him favourite for second chichane.

Marc.W

McMika98 wrote:
13 Oct 2019, 10:11
Marc.W wrote:
13 Oct 2019, 10:01
We dont know that, he had same speed as Norris at the apex. The contact happened before the apex so he went stright after the contact.
Watch Danny Rics move on Stroll. Stroll goes on the outside of the first chichane, making him favourite for second chichane.
He barely kept it on track

Marc.W

Danny Ric jumps to 6th after penalty for Leclerc, so we only outscore by 1 point.

But this is interesting

https://twitter.com/tgruener/status/118 ... 73345?s=20

BrunoH

Albon hardly made the corner, i dont get it. plus he ruinned Noris race. I guess they have a Torpedo mode in the redbulls ( plus one in toro rosso hehehehe )

proteus

BrunoH wrote:
13 Oct 2019, 12:13
Albon hardly made the corner, i dont get it. plus he ruinned Noris race. I guess they have a Torpedo mode in the redbulls ( plus one in toro rosso hehehehe )
Leclerc was the driver which actually destroyed the race for Lando by filling his brake ducts with debries.

Albon didnt help either. He tried something similar in Monza if i remember correctly, but Sainz came out as the winner and Albon went into the grave back then.

Emag

I mean, even if McLaren didn't take any points from Renault this race, it is not the end of the world. It is still good for McLaren because that gives Renault one less race to try and bridge points gap. It is very unfair, don't get me wrong. McLaren has been so god damn unlucky this year. Every time they have had a very fast car things have not gone entirely smoothly for them. In Bahrain Carlos clashed with Max, in France Lando lost hydraulics, In Austria Carlos lost a bit of front wing in the ending stages, in Russia they get screwed over by VSc timing and now here Lando hits Leclerc's debris and damages the brakes. The team really deserved to take at least 8 points out of Renault today if things went smoothly for them.

However Racing Point has protested against them for using an illegal driving aid during the race, so the Renaults might get disqualified.

ALO_Power

I thought the same at first glance, that it was Norris' fault but it wasn't really his fault. Just check from how far back and how late Albon brakes that he can't even take the next corner despite he's in full lock and despite having lost some speed from the contact as well. Obviously he dived in very late, he could had been more patient and left more space.

Juzh

Sainz's q3 lap 1.28.304 (P7)
https://streamable.com/b23zb

vs albon - knocking on RB's door, less than 0.5s off. Mclaren was for whatever reason much superior to red bull in slow speed hairpin and final chikane, sainz gains loads of time trough there. They're lacking a bit of pace in the race still.
https://streamable.com/pnccm