2019 Aston Martin Red Bull Racing - Honda F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
auv
auv

Re: 2019 Aston Martin Red Bull Racing - Honda F1 Team

It would be great to see best lap onboards of both drivers.

Bill
Bill

The sport has always been Bs the likes of Toyota and BMW wanted hybrid but Ferrari didn't so they were delayed and they pull the plug on their program and clad they did . But Redbull performance has been shambolic since the 2nd part

TNTHead

Max at ziggotv: best start of the season, but after slinding of LEC in my car bargeboard area too much damaged.

seense
seense

Disappointing again losing Max so early. Unbelievable they didnt give Lec a penalty. Anyhow decent race for Albon. He'll be driving for RBR in 2020.

godzi
godzi

seense wrote:
13 Oct 2019, 08:46
Disappointing again losing Max so early. Unbelievable they didnt give Lec a penalty. Anyhow decent race for Albon. He'll be driving for RBR in 2020.
Decent run for Albon? We must not have seen the same GP, it takes almost 1 minute on botas, and almost ruined its race on Norris, being unable to pass sainz just
Afterwards

seense
seense

godzi wrote:
13 Oct 2019, 08:53
seense wrote:
Decent run for Albon? We must not have seen the same GP, it takes almost 1 minute on botas, and almost ruined its race on Norris, being unable to pass sainz just
Afterwards
Hey its all relative. Best option for RB. He closer to max than GAS.

SF Engineer
SF Engineer

Obviously a disappointing qualifying and race.

Max had a great start and was unlucky to have Charles ‘understeer’ into him. Disappointed with the stewards call in that one.

Albon had a good weekend aside from the race start. He managed to make back the places but lost a good chunk of time in the process. As another poster mentioned I think he has shown enough to warrant keeping his seat for 2020.

Some people had been mentioning that adding another engine to the pool was a poor decision because qualifying went poorly. I don’t really think this is the case. It was likely planned for from the beginning of the season and therefore the lifespan management for the engines used previously would have been such that they would likely not last the season without another change at some point. Eventually money is the ruler of all so with that amount Honda brings to the table it is always going to happen for Suzuka.

If anything I think it could be argued that with the rate of development that continues to happen on the engine side, you are better off throwing one race a year to bring in a new spec engine even if you are going for the title...

SF Engineer
SF Engineer

I could be wrong, I am just going by what I saw during the race. The angle that did it for me was the shot from behind (T1).
diffuser wrote:
13 Oct 2019, 09:20
SF Engineer wrote:
13 Oct 2019, 09:10
Obviously a disappointing qualifying and race.

Max had a great start and was unlucky to have Charles ‘understeer’ into him. Disappointed with the stewards call in that one.

Albon had a good weekend aside from the race start. He managed to make back the places but lost a good chunk of time in the process. As another poster mentioned I think he has shown enough to warrant keeping his seat for 2020.

Some people had been mentioning that adding another engine to the pool was a poor decision because qualifying went poorly. I don’t really think this is the case. It was likely planned for from the beginning of the season and therefore the lifespan management for the engines used previously would have been such that they would likely not last the season without another change at some point. Eventually money is the ruler of all so with that amount Honda brings to the table it is always going to happen for Suzuka.

If anything I think it could be argued that with the rate of development that continues to happen on the engine side, you are better off throwing one race a year to bring in a new spec engine even if you are going for the title...
You can't blame LeClerc for not knowing that Vettel would move across.

Bill
Bill

Loosing Max was really disappointing his race pace on Friday was even better than Bottas. Spa too another home race competitive pace and nothing to show for it.

loner

well first 2 corners were really exciting :lol:
damn up to Mexico then...
para bellum.

hollus

Not the Ferrari thread. Just saying...
Many posts have been removed.
Rivals, not enemies.

loner

para bellum.

etusch

seense wrote:
Fia obviously supporting some sides at some times. From start of second half it is ferrari for sure. This is for the first time I see a jump start without penalty. When bottas made they said it is just perfect reaction time but not jump start. This time it is jump start but no penalty again.
Leclerc can not forget a1 ring and this is not first time he applies hard racing wrong but with no penalty as before. Some broken parts from leclerc flying onto Hamilton but still no penalty no warning for team and driver. It is for sure that fia manipulate races and there are not fair results. Not worth to watch. After seeing these are how can you believe that they are realy watching ferrari pu for keeping it legal. No way. It is really not woth to watch.

etusch

loner wrote:
13 Oct 2019, 09:55
yep the start was good...
https://twitter.com/SkySportsF1/status/ ... 5104199680
Completely aggree with Verstappen. As he said this is going to be something like american wrestling

loner

Max overtook LH and CL from the start i couldn't think about it before Suzuka actually with the previous horrible starts.
para bellum.