General Honda F1 Topic

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
ispano6

Re: General Honda F1 Topic

Was surpised to see the MP4/5 on display at Aeon Mall Suzuka on Saturday. It is on display at the mall fri-sun.

Aeon Mall Suzuka
4 Chome-1-2 Shonohayama, Suzuka, Mie 513-0834
059-375-0666 https://g.co/kgs/wmkApD

bigblue

ispano6 wrote:
12 Oct 2019, 04:34
Was surpised to see the MP4/5 on display at Aeon Mall Suzuka on Saturday. It is on display at the mall fri-sun.
That doesn't look bad at all :-) In amongst all the (deserved) fuss about the MP4/4, it's easy to forget how successful the MP4/5 was as well.

GhostF1

McMika98 wrote:
13 Oct 2019, 04:38
Final nail in the Honda power debate. Freesh engine and the Renault powered Mclarens make gains to the A team while top 2 teams are more than half a second away. In S2 they lost 5 tenths to Ferrari.
Not saying that its bad or worse, look at Renault for eg. Obviously chassis plays a huge deal as well. But the stockpiling idea backfired massively.
Really? Are we ignoring the fact Renault powered cars had significantly lower speeds out for sector 3. They were 15kph down consecutively from the other 3.

There is obviously no power disadvantage anymore for RBR, car needs sorting. It's not in the right place at all.

McMika98

I repeat it not about the power but the whole stockpiling of engine for 1 race when there was 5 races left. They gave up on few race wins on hindsight. Spa, they were one of the best with a spec 2 engine that had 5 GPs. They obviously didn't think Ferrari would make the gains they did.
Now they wont win a single race and will probably get beat by Mclaren in one of the remaining races. What a lame ass decision.

Bill

They make those decisions because Redbull believes they build best chassis same mentality as Mclaren

KelsO

McMika98 wrote:
13 Oct 2019, 08:56
I repeat it not about the power but the whole stockpiling of engine for 1 race when there was 5 races left. They gave up on few race wins on hindsight. Spa, they were one of the best with a spec 2 engine that had 5 GPs. They obviously didn't think Ferrari would make the gains they did.
Now they wont win a single race and will probably get beat by Mclaren in one of the remaining races. What a lame ass decision.
When I read you, it seems to me that you are telling jokes that no one laughs at.

Sieper

Mica is on a relentless crusade. Double posting the same on every RBR topic he can find. It is clear he is just driving an agenda. Incredibly bothersome that he is allowed to do that.

ispano6

The FIA has always been anti Honda, but they love the viewership and money japanese fans spend. This was either to make Honda stay or leave. Probably leave.

ispano6

David Tsurusaki, ExxonMobil's Global Motorsport Technology Manager, said: "With Red Bull I think it is one of the biggest steps we have ever done. And with mature engine technology, it is harder and harder to make that adjustment.

"It [the upgrade] is something that we have been thinking about and working on for quite a long time. I think it is one of our better improvements.

"[But] I cannot comment on the performance gain. I know what it is, otherwise we wouldn't be introducing it, but it definitely is an improvement and wouldn't be introduced if it wasn't."

Tsurusaki said the development work on the new fuel can be traced back over several years, and has involved the sourcing of new 'raw materials' to help deliver a breakthrough.

Asked by Motorsport.com if this meant using chemicals that were new to F1, Tsurusaki said: "The FIA standard is pretty restrictive. It has to be chemicals that have been used and available in a consumer fuel in the past, so in a sense it is not brand new technology.

"But it is something that we have not used in a Formula 1 fuel, and I don't know if anyone else has done it.

"There are two or three key adjustments we have made that give us the performance enhancement we are looking for."
https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/red- ... 55626/amp/

Hino

bigblue

10 sec in, Sakura not Acura ! Auto-captioned ? Quite a funny error.

lio007

bigblue wrote:
18 Oct 2019, 20:17
10 sec in, Sakura not Acura ! Auto-captioned ? Quite a funny error.
Can't see it...

garygph

Sieper wrote:
13 Oct 2019, 09:52
Mica is on a relentless crusade. Double posting the same on every RBR topic he can find. It is clear he is just driving an agenda. Incredibly bothersome that he is allowed to do that.
Agreed however if the mods just banned him he would just resign up under a new name? Maybe if we all just put him on our ignore list he would just get no response and thereby no gratification for his ...hmmm..so many descriptions come to mind :)

nzjrs

When was the last time 4 Honda cars were in Q3?