2019 Renault F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
djos

Re: 2019 Renault F1 Team

And how the Heck would RP know if they did have this type of system?
"In downforce we trust"

Snorked

Hell hath no fury like a Hulk scorned 😁

After they ended his F1 career, maybe he ratted them out?

Emag

Snorked wrote:
13 Oct 2019, 14:07

Highly doubt it. There would obviously be contract clauses in place for those sort of things. If he did indeed do it, and Renault proves that, Nico would face some very expensive lawsuits, not to mention getting his reputation destroyed. Not worth the risk of killing your career to get some petty "revenge".

RZS10

Could it be as simple as watching the onboards and looking for any manual adjustments, or rather the lack thereof?

FMP
FMP

The engineer said to RIC to "remember to reset the brake balance" at L1 in Japan today. RIC then presses a button far down on the left hand side (not a switch with multiple positions but a button on/off). "brake balance reminder" is transmitted to HUL at L1. I'm not saying I know what they do, but quite simple to see that something is done.

MtthsMlw

FMP wrote:
13 Oct 2019, 15:48
The engineer said to RIC to "remember to reset the brake balance" at L1 in Japan today. RIC then presses a button far down on the left hand side (not a switch with multiple positions but a button on/off). "brake balance reminder" is transmitted to HUL at L1. I'm not saying I know what they do, but quite simple to see that something is done.
If I was to implement an illegal system I would use some codewords and not call it by its name

Webber2011

Being an unabashed Riccardo supporter the thing that concerns me the most, is that IF this is an illegal system there's no way he could not have know that.

IF, (and I again emphasise the "if"), they are found guilty of doing something untoward, to me, his reputation will be damaged tenfold in comparison to any hit it's taken from trundling around in the midfield for a year or two.

Ive always believed Daniel to be a straight up kind of guy who would never do anything illegal.
If it comes out they did cheat, and that he knew about it I will be very, very, very disappointed 😥

djos

I personally dont think this idea is cheating, it's just car optimization and no different to the engineers optimizing the PU and electrical deployment for various sector of the track.
"In downforce we trust"

RZS10

Except that it's straight up cheating (if that is indeed what they're doing, ofc) because it's against tech. regulations

ARTICLE 11 : BRAKE SYSTEM
11.1.4 Any change to, or modulation of, the brake system, other than any movement of the minimal flexible parts described in Article 11.4 to 11.6, whilst the car is on the track must be made by the driver's direct physical input or by the system referred to in Article 11.9, and may not be pre‐set.

Mclarensenna

What is going on at Renault. Hulk did very well this race and Ric had an absolute monster race to get that car up to 6th after starting 16th due to suspension issue he said in Qualy, and it could all be taken away due to Renault car being illegal now.
How does Cyril still keep hos job.

SmallSoldier

Regardless of the situation with he brake system (which still to be determined if legal or not)... What a race from both Renault’s! It was fun watching both fighting their way up the field.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

djos

RZS10 wrote:
14 Oct 2019, 01:44
Except that it's straight up cheating (if that is indeed what they're doing, ofc) because it's against tech. regulations

11.1.4 Any change to, or modulation of, the brake system, other than any movement of the minimal flexible parts described in Article 11.4 to 11.6, whilst the car is on the track must be made by the driver's direct physical input or by the system referred to in Article 11.9, and may not be pre‐set.
I dont see how they could implement this anyway due to the fact that the ECU is a spec unit and the Software is 100% FIA managed code.
"In downforce we trust"

marmer

Maybe hulk just walked past his old force India mates and said have a look at our on boards if he did it verbally he could quite easily get away with it

PowerandtheGlory

I think the issue seems to be if the brake bias is pre-set.. But if the driver controls this then its not and issue. Say they have 3 settings for around the track and the driver cycles between each one?
But based on the fact the FiA have impounded parts and SportPesa have a 12 page dossier, then it would seem to be more advanced than that. i hope they keep their points at least, but i don't know if i'm pleased to see Renault pushing the envelope or not... last year we have Ferrari's Double boost battery.. I know Renault need to catch-up with other teams. But do this legally please..
“I don't believe in luck, luck is preparation and taking your opportunity” Ross Brawn

astracrazy

Emag wrote:
13 Oct 2019, 14:24
Snorked wrote:
13 Oct 2019, 14:07

Highly doubt it. There would obviously be contract clauses in place for those sort of things. If he did indeed do it, and Renault proves that, Nico would face some very expensive lawsuits, not to mention getting his reputation destroyed. Not worth the risk of killing your career to get some petty "revenge".
I don't think that's 100% correct, yes it would impact his career (unofficially) but I don't think there is going to be lawsuits. Your essentially suggesting if somebody outs a cheater, the cheater is found guilty, then the cheater can take the individual to court and the law would be on the cheats side. I'm sure the law would be on the individual side not the cheats.

There would be non-disclosure clauses of course, but I'm sure it would fall apart if the tech is illegal because there is a point where it could become blackmail.

Normally the driver would not be told enough details in the first place.

PowerandtheGlory wrote:
14 Oct 2019, 09:34
I think the issue seems to be if the brake bias is pre-set.. But if the driver controls this then its not and issue. Say they have 3 settings for around the track and the driver cycles between each one?

3 pre-set settings?