2019 Aston Martin Red Bull Racing - Honda F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
rogazilla
rogazilla

Re: 2019 Aston Martin Red Bull Racing - Honda F1 Team

Artur Craft wrote:
14 Oct 2019, 13:38
Yeah, I don't understand this. They always go with smaller rear wings than others. It doesn't seem to work. But, curiously, Verstappen was faster than Mercedes on s1. It's just their s3(straights and a chicana) which was crap.
One thing to keep in mind that was said during the race. Head Wind in S1 and tail wind in S3 (all the way down to turn 1).

McMika98
McMika98

loner wrote:
14 Oct 2019, 14:51
Artur Craft wrote:
idk, we'll have to wait the following tracks to better judge
okey Singapore was the only normal qualy where Max did 1:36:8 and Alex did 1:37:4.
but surely their long runs and race pace speaking for them selves,you really don't need the next track...
Albon is learning the car and will get better as he gains more confidence. So Japan is a better reference than Singapore and future races expecially Abu Dhabi will be one to look for. The rookie is learning the track limitation in FP1 to FP3 whilst Verstappen is already on limit at FP1 and finding the setup direction. In Japan Albon was already comfortable with the setup and unlucky not to outqualify Max as he had his one of his worst S1 on his fastest run.

McMika98
McMika98

rogazilla wrote:
14 Oct 2019, 15:57
Artur Craft wrote:
Yeah, I don't understand this. They always go with smaller rear wings than others. It doesn't seem to work. But, curiously, Verstappen was faster than Mercedes on s1. It's just their s3(straights and a chicana) which was crap.
One thing to keep in mind that was said during the race. Head Wind in S1 and tail wind in S3 (all the way down to turn 1).
The tyre wear on this track is very high as shown by the need to 2 stop on many cars even with the hardest compound. So its a case of picking which sector to ease and which to push. If you push S1 then you lose out on S2 and S3 and vice versa.

Godius

Sieper

Artur Craft wrote:
loner wrote:
13 Oct 2019, 21:13
aren't you deluded to think Albon can qualify equal to Max ?!! they changed Max setup before qualy.
idk, we'll have to wait the following tracks to better judge
f1rules wrote:
14 Oct 2019, 11:08
looking at the rearwings, i think rb went with to little df this weekend, they ran a noticeable smaller rearwing than merc and fer and mclaren who seemed to be a bit closer this weekend, why they choose so, i dont know
Look at the RB15 thread, last thursday, Max had noticably more rear wing (deeper) then Albon. Hence quicker sector 1 (late braking for turn 1, Max had the fastest micro sector there) and fastest through the later parts of the esses, Max had the fastest mini sectors there as well) and the relatively Poor S3 performance (long straight). I think they used this for Max specifically for the race. Qualy was out of reach anyway. In the race they could turn up the unit for longer times (at least, that is what was promise). Max still had a new set of each compound, the only one to have that. Leclerc also knew this. No good result here for Max for Honda’s eyes.

etusch

Capharol
Capharol

Damaged Floor of Max Verstappen .......

loner

9 softs for RBR vs 7 Mercs and Ferrari in Mexico.
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EG6C_-wWsAACaFm?format=jpg
para bellum.

loner

what you guys think about Ferrari twice going for the fastest lap with shiney new red soft tyres can't beat Hamilton's time, last one was in Suzuka CL failed to take it, Marko saying their pace is about equal with the Mercs don't give so gloomy image if Ferrari's advantage is really only about qualifying ?!!
i don't know about you but i think we yet to see what RBR car capable to do in Max hands after the new fuel and aggressive modes of the PU.
what can we expect in Mexico?
para bellum.

Snorked
Snorked

The new front wing was delayed according to this website https://sportiva.shueisha.co.jp/smart/c ... ndex_4.php

Fuel update was worth around 13 hp

etusch

Snorked wrote:
15 Oct 2019, 18:59
The new front wing was delayed according to this website https://sportiva.shueisha.co.jp/smart/c ... ndex_4.php

I wonder that if They can(allowed) develop a fuel that keeps heat longer or produce more gas after burning to have more affect on turbo or is this kind of something possible?

Wouter

Snorked wrote:
15 Oct 2019, 18:59

How do you know that?
The Power of Dreams!

Snorked
Snorked

It's on that site in the fuel article
With the help of Honda, the team finally came to completion, but the team officials said that they couldn't take as big a step as originally said.

Still, gain is about 0.2 seconds at 10kW (about 13.6 horsepower). Even 0.1 seconds is a big boost for Toro Rosso who fights in a mid-sized group. However, Red Bull needs more gain.

Wouter

Snorked wrote:
15 Oct 2019, 20:10
It's on that site in the fuel article
With the help of Honda, the team finally came to completion, but the team officials said that they couldn't take as big a step as originally said.

Still, gain is about 0.2 seconds at 10kW (about 13.6 horsepower). Even 0.1 seconds is a big boost for Toro Rosso who fights in a mid-sized group. However, Red Bull needs more gain.
Thanks @Snorked. Now I have found that article too.
The Power of Dreams!

McMika98
McMika98

Uk newspaper revealed that Redbull had spent over £300 million this year. Pressure must be building up on the team to deliver. I dont recall seeing such poor chassis from this team this late into the season. The car has no exemplary quality in relation to rivals. Merc own slow corners and fast. Ferrari is so driveable and now cured its slow speed cornering issues and doesnt mind the curbs. Redbull doesnt habe anything that stands out. Every track they previously had an edge last year has disappeared which isnt looking promising for next year.
The only team now with the extreme outboard wing. Surely the aero engineers from the other teams have seen something this team is unwilling to accept.