2021 Miami race announced

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
dans79

2021 Miami race announced

https://www.racefans.net/2019/10/15/f1- ... m-in-2021/
A joint statement issued by F1 managing director for commercial operations Sean Bratches and Hard Rock Stadium vice-chairman and CEO Tom Garfinkel and received by RaceFans said the pair are “thrilled to announce that Formula 1 and Hard Rock Stadium have reached an agreement in principle to host the first-ever Formula 1 Miami Grand Prix at Hard Rock Stadium.

“Subject to the cooperation of the Miami-Dade County Commission, we expect the first race to take place in May 2021,” it added.
197 104 103 7

Gatecrasher

Re: 2021 Miami race in the works

Track layout look tiny in comparison to some circuits. From a Google map overview I don't see them leaving much for runoffs, must expect a lot of concrete.

Manoah2u

Re: 2021 Miami race announced

Think about it Sochi but presumably done better. Do expect a whole lot of show with it, not a bad thing i think. They might turn this into a festival.
I like it, actually.

I'm already hearing Will Smith singing welcome to Miami.

I might even concider going there if it's really gonna happen and be a big thing.
When Americans do things big, they do it big good. I remember the organisation stating they want to try some 'superbowl' like events,
this could turn out to be one of them.
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

MtthsMlw

On first sight the laylout looks fine to me, two hard braking points after the long straights.
I think it will be run counterclockwise.

Just_a_fan

Manoah2u wrote:
16 Oct 2019, 03:20

I might even concider going there if it's really gonna happen and be a big thing.
When Americans do things big, they do it big good. I remember the organisation stating they want to try some 'superbowl' like events,
Great, a big lot of noise and glitz adding nothing to the sport. Just what we need. :roll:
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

El Scorchio

MtthsMlw wrote:
16 Oct 2019, 09:15
On first sight the laylout looks fine to me, two hard braking points after the long straights.
I think it will be run counterclockwise.
https://www.racefans.net/wp-content/upl ... 4758-2.jpg
Pile up ahoy at the first corner then :)

notsofast

Counterclockwise would be perfect, but I don't see it happening. Clockwise will be deemed safer. We'll need DRS to see any overtakes at all.

Manoah2u

Just_a_fan wrote:
16 Oct 2019, 09:43
Manoah2u wrote:

Great, a big lot of noise and glitz adding nothing to the sport. Just what we need. :roll:
guess what Monaco used to be
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins

Just_a_fan

notsofast wrote:
16 Oct 2019, 11:27
Counterclockwise would be perfect, but I don't see it happening. Clockwise will be deemed safer. We'll need DRS to see any overtakes at all.
You only have to look at the run off areas to see it's designed to run anticlockwise.

Just_a_fan

Manoah2u wrote:
16 Oct 2019, 14:11
Just_a_fan wrote:
16 Oct 2019, 09:43
Manoah2u wrote:

guess what Monaco used to be
It wasn't US-brash noise and glitz. It was European glamour. A world of difference.

Monaco shouldn't be in the Championship, in my opinion. Sure run it as a show but it's not a race in any meaningful way.

dans79

Just_a_fan wrote:
16 Oct 2019, 14:37
It wasn't US-brash noise and glitz. It was European glamour. A world of difference.
I can't tell if you have rose tinted glasses on, or a bout of xenophobia.
197 104 103 7

Zynerji

dans79 wrote:
16 Oct 2019, 14:49
Just_a_fan wrote:
Trump Hate

Manoah2u

Zynerji wrote:
16 Oct 2019, 15:21
dans79 wrote:
16 Oct 2019, 14:49
Just_a_fan wrote:
Trump Hate
Just_a_fan wrote:

Monaco shouldn't be in the Championship, in my opinion. Sure run it as a show but it's not a race in any meaningful way.
please don't say you're being actually serious here......

TAG

The circuit itself looks good, certainly not the street circuit I was expecting. It's all about the execution. Does anyone know the stated circuit length? Interesting to see when they try to stick it in. After the break you have hurricane season. Before the break you have a high probability of rain every day. Early in the season maybe before Montreal?
माकडाच्या हाती कोलीत

ENGINE TUNER

As someone who visits soflo regularly, I'm excited for a race there, but this track is not as good as it could and should be.

Was hoping for something more similar to CGV, long straights into bard braking areas/tight hairpins. Was hoping for a track that goes thru the stadium, with an overtaking opportunity inside the stadium(kinda like going thru the tunnel in Monaco out of the dark into a hard braking hair pin). But after visiting Hard rock stadium a couple months ago, I see that it would be difficult to race into one end and out the other, the ground level entry and exit where the field goals posts are just aren't big enough).

I doubt that they will shut down 199th St as that will be a huge inconvenience to the local community, as would shutting that exit of the turnpike.

Great idea, race in Miami, thus far poor execution.