2019 Mclaren F1 Team - Renault

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
trinidefender

Re: 2019 Mclaren F1 Team - Renault

ScottR267 wrote:
22 Oct 2019, 22:33
Interesting to note Petrobras is still on the car given recent articles
Of course they are, they are still either the largest or probably second largest sponsor for McLaren. Until the sponsorship contract is actually cancelled, McLaren are obligated to put them on the car as long as it's in the sponsorship deal. It doesn't really matter if the sponsorship may get terminated soon.

On another note the chassis on that car was terrible, probably on the same level as last years chassis.

RonDennis

It suits the current car much better.

Jolle

I wonder how teams that switch engine manufacturers deal with these legacy cars. This must have a Mercedes engine, just like the NA red bulls still run Renault power. Should be weird to suddenly have your competitors in the pit box servicing your car...

JRindt

Why would they change the colours of the previous cars? #-o

Not a big fan of the ‘Orange Washing’. I feel each of the legacy cars has its own place in McLaren’s history, regardless of how much they sucked. Can’t imagine they would change the colours of MP4/4, right?

_cerber1

People are already actively painting liveries. :D =D>

Ground Effect

_cerber1 wrote:
23 Oct 2019, 08:24

https://radikal.ru
I wonder what the rate card would be for a sponsorship of this visibility. This artist impression points to the level of a title sponsor
Q: (Stefano Mancini – La Stampa) Kimi, will you help Vettel to win his championship this year?
Kimi Raikkonen: I can only drive one car, obviously. 
@2018 Singapore Grand Prix drivers press conference.

ScottR267

Ground Effect wrote:
23 Oct 2019, 10:30
_cerber1 wrote:
23 Oct 2019, 08:24

https://radikal.ru
I wonder what the rate card would be for a sponsorship of this visibility. This artist impression points to the level of a title sponsor
I guess it depends on the team in question, their recent success and the rate card a team has for a title sponsor or principle partner as Zak refers to which he is looking for. Weren’t Vodafone paying £50 million a season or there abouts when at McLaren. Looking at other teams, the rumours are Petronas are paying Mercedes close to £75 million a season albeit this may be slightly different given a technical link up too

Xero

JRindt wrote:
23 Oct 2019, 04:54
Why would they change the colours of the previous cars? #-o

Not a big fan of the ‘Orange Washing’. I feel each of the legacy cars has its own place in McLaren’s history, regardless of how much they sucked. Can’t imagine they would change the colours of MP4/4, right?
They keep the liveries intact for cars of historical importance. For cars like this though (which was a pretty big low point) that are repurposed for young driver track days, then I don't have any issue with it at all. Besides, the 2nd car is probably kept untouched somewhere.

McG

I'm sure they have sorted the 2013 car problems by now ;)
F1 is dead.

_cerber1

Chicane

43 points clear. 4th in the bag i say.
Quickshifter

mwillems

Chicane wrote:
23 Oct 2019, 22:47
43 points clear. 4th in the bag i say.
I'd say so.
Give a man a fire, and he will be warm for a night.
Set a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

Mansell89

Guys just a quick reference to Mexico- we know that historically Red Bull did very well there with Renault power and Horner mentioned how the high altitude essentially took away the Merc and Ferrari advantage on power. Does this bode well for McLaren this weekend?

However, I also read that really in Mexico despite the straights, “downforce is king” in that level of altitude, which RBR have always been brilliant with.

So is it one, the other, or a mix of those two factors to consider?

Jambier

It was even without this, and it is well deserved for the team

I hope that we will be happy next year [-o<
By that I mean a real progress to be close to top teams

proteus

Mansell89 wrote:
24 Oct 2019, 08:45
Guys just a quick reference to Mexico- we know that historically Red Bull did very well there with Renault power and Horner mentioned how the high altitude essentially took away the Merc and Ferrari advantage on power. Does this bode well for McLaren this weekend?

However, I also read that really in Mexico despite the straights, “downforce is king” in that level of altitude, which RBR have always been brilliant with.

So is it one, the other, or a mix of those two factors to consider?
Vandoorne managed to be eight with a car that wasnt updated for months and had a fatal flaw. They might be good here, but reliability is a questionable.
If i would get the money to start my own F1 team, i would revive Arrows