2019 Japanese Grand Prix - Suzuka, Oct 11 - 13

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
ispano6

Re: 2019 Japanese Grand Prix - Suzuka, Oct 11 - 13

NathanOlder wrote:
24 Oct 2019, 08:49
I'd say Monza is a track that it would help the least, so I dont think Renault were using it back then. Also if someone who moved to Racing Point was the whistle blower, they would have done their appeal in Monza as it would have gained the team 5pts back then. Alright in Japan they gained 6pts by protesting, but theres no way Racing Point could predict a better gain than what happened in Italy. Monza is a track of many straights and time to adjust things like brake bias without rushing and possibly making mistakes. Also the braking zones at Monza are mostly in straight lines, where as Japan has a lot of braking zones in corners. So Brake Bias adjustments done automatically would help more at Suzuka than in Italy. So IMO the Monza car was legal, otherwise Force India would have protest back then.
I doubt they could mount such a protest in a single weekend at Suzuka. This system wasn't invented overnight. Someone would have to go back and watch the Monza onboards and see if anything similar can be picked up from any of the sessions.

drunkf1fan

I think someone has stated that the lights that show changing settings that RP spotted were also seen during preseason testing. Meaning Renault have probably had this on their car all year and only just now being exposed for it.

RZS10

11 days after the race in interviews done in Mexico Charles has said that all the penalties they received were fully justified, Bottas has admitted that he only reacted to Vettel and was lucky to get away with it and Vettel called the way the FIA monitors the starts 'not even amateurish', heavily implying that what he did should have been penalized.

iotar__

RZS10 wrote:
25 Oct 2019, 13:55
11 days after the race in interviews done in Mexico Charles has said that all the penalties they received were fully justified, Bottas has admitted that he only reacted to Vettel and was lucky to get away with it and Vettel called the way the FIA monitors the starts 'not even amateurish', heavily implying that what he did should have been penalized.
A. Quotes or it didn't happen :D
B. (bold part) OK if he says so...
C. Something's missing. Did Hamilton admit he wasn't quick enough in Q, didn't have a good start and most importantly wasn't quick enough in the race? I though so =P~ .

El Scorchio

RZS10 wrote:
25 Oct 2019, 13:55
Good on Vettel for saying that.