2019 United States Grand Prix - Austin, 1-3 November

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
MtthsMlw

2019 United States Grand Prix - Austin, 1-3 November

Tyre Choices

2018 Results
Qualifying

Race

2018 Pole Lap

2018 Race Highlights

izzy

Re: 2019 United States Grand Prix - Austin, 1-3 November

This is generally a great weekend, can't wait, and we don't have to yay =D>

Bill_Kar

No rain but cold-ish nonetheless. 16 to 18 degrees ambient temperature.

My Q prediction is Vettel, Hamilton, Leclerc.

Phil

If Bottas fails to win all of the next 3 races, bar practically 3 DNFs / outside 10th by Hamilton, the WDC is wrapped up.

In other words, Bottas must win while Hamilton needs to finish below 10th to keep himself mathematically in the running.

Basically, there is no way Hamilton will not be celebrating this weekend.
Not for nothing, Rosberg's Championship is the only thing that lends credibility to Hamilton's recent success. Otherwise, he'd just be the guy who's had the best car. — bhall II
#Team44 supporter

Big Tea

Phil wrote:
28 Oct 2019, 23:40
If Bottas fails to win all of the next 3 races, bar practically 3 DNFs / outside 10th by Hamilton, the WDC is wrapped up.

In other words, Bottas must win while Hamilton needs to finish below 10th to keep himself mathematically in the running.

Even with the 'no way he will not' curse?

He was fine until you said that :twisted:
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

Jolle

Big Tea wrote:
28 Oct 2019, 23:49
Phil wrote:

Even with the 'no way he will not' curse?

He was fine until you said that :twisted:
last time Hamilton didn't score points in three races (or two by the way) in a row was over ten years ago. The last time Bottas won three races in a row was never (same as for two in a row)

so, lets say, the numbers are kinda in favor of Hamilton.. slightly :P

TAG

The only Tilke circuit I enjoy.
माकडाच्या हाती कोलीत

Wass85

TAG wrote:
29 Oct 2019, 00:11
The only Tilke circuit I enjoy.
How I miss the Turkish GP......

dans79

Phil wrote:
you are forgetting the three fastest lap points that are still up for grabs.

The only thing Lewis needs to do over the next three races, is score 4 points and no matter what he takes the championship.
197 104 103 7

PlatinumZealot

Phil wrote:

When you look on it in a twisted way, Bottas' title bid is now against the interests of the team. In order for him to still have a chance his team mate must not score and in so doing Mercedes will carry home less points.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

Just_a_fan

The team has got their title in the bag. They don't care about one or other not getting points now - that's for the drivers and their team of guys alone to worry about.
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

Phil

dans79 wrote:
29 Oct 2019, 00:22
Phil wrote:
you are forgetting the three fastest lap points that are still up for grabs.

The only thing Lewis needs to do over the next three races, is score 4 points and no matter what he takes the championship.
I didnt bother with them, because statistically, it’s rare that the car who wins the race can get the fastest lap.

But the larger elephant in the room (IMO) that makes the WDC a done deal is that Valtteri needs to win all races with Hamilton practically scoring none, with the no longer “dominant car” of the season. I dont see Mercedes as favorites to win any of the 3 remaining races, except maybe Abu Dhabi.

In other words, Hamilton could decide to stay home the next 3 races and the statistical probability would still see him take home the trophy at CotA, at the latest in Brazil.
Not for nothing, Rosberg's Championship is the only thing that lends credibility to Hamilton's recent success. Otherwise, he'd just be the guy who's had the best car. — bhall II
#Team44 supporter

Vasconia

Lower temperatures should Benefit Mercedes. Anyway I expect another Ferrari pole tough I see Hamilton winning because of their best race pace and tyre degradation. If not, Ferrari will help with another mediocre strategy.

GPR-A

Why are the timing slots for this GP are odd?
Race start is at 1PM, which is after the FP1 and before FP2! That means, neither practice session provides ideal temperature of race.
Qualifying is at 4PM, which is the later portion of the FP2 and the Q3 would be in unknown track conditions.

marvin78

GPR -A wrote:
29 Oct 2019, 10:59
Why are the timing slots for this GP are odd?
Race start is at 1PM, which is after the FP1 and before FP2! That means, neither practice session provides ideal temperature of race.
Qualifying is at 4PM, which is the later portion of the FP2 and the Q3 would be in unknown track conditions.

https://i.imgur.com/xE47uNi.png
I think it's for TV in Europe 20:00 (8pm) is prime time and they like to air big (for them) TV-shows on Saturday evenings. 10pm is after these shows. On sundays they often don't have important (no audience) TV-shows, so prime time is perfect for the race.