2019 Aston Martin Red Bull Racing - Honda F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
_cerber1

Re: 2019 Aston Martin Red Bull Racing - Honda F1 Team

Sayeman wrote:
31 Oct 2019, 04:57
After all this years, Honda has finally caught Mercedes. The 2017 promise finally fulfilled.
How do you understand this? Or by what signs is this visible?

Wouter

And yes! That was to be expected. Max in the press conference !!
Hopefully he prepares well, because he knows what questions to expect.

The Power of Dreams!

Wouter

Preview Austin from Honda and the drivers. https://en.hondaracingf1.com/races/2019 ... -prix.html

TOYOHARU TANABE
TECHNICAL DIRECTOR, HONDA RACING F1

Having packed up in a very heavy storm in Mexico City on Sunday night, we have now made the short trip from Mexico to Texas, for the United States Grand Prix at the Circuit Of The Americas. The current weather in Austin is cold – around 8 degrees, due to be colder on Thursday – but the forecast is for brighter warmer conditions for the rest of the weekend. COTA is an interesting track that presents very different challenges to the one in Mexico. It features elevation changes, particularly the impressive and very steep climb to the first corner, which therefore allows for very late braking. The layout is meant to replicate famous corners from other tracks and the first sector is similar to the esses at Suzuka, with a fast middle part and a slower final sector. From a PU point of view, it is quite straightforward with none of the special challenges of Mexico, therefore we will optimise PU settings, based on past data from this track as well as the information we have acquired this year. On a personal note, coming to the USA feels as little bit like coming home, as I spent so much time here working on Honda’s Indy project. Several members of Honda Performance Development (HPD) will be in Austin this weekend to discuss a technology exchange between Sakura, Milton Keynes and HPD. And of course, it will also be nice to catch up with them again! It will be a milestone race for Honda as this will be our 100th Grand Prix since we joined the hybrid F1 era in 2015. We hope to have a good race, reflecting the efforts of all our team members over the past few years.
The Power of Dreams!

loner

Juzh
i gave you the 400th :mrgreen:
para bellum.

Juzh

loner wrote:
31 Oct 2019, 13:03
Juzh
Thanks
:mrgreen: \:D/

Although not a big deal, it's nice to see people aprrecieate these clips. I'm yet to see something similar from someone else on a regular basis, be it on reddit or anywhere else. IMO it's important to get those laps out there before the season's end, because all data in F1 app will be gone by next season, as it always has been.

Wouter

Yesterday: F1 Driver Max Verstappen Joins the Rich Eisen In-Studio | Full Interview | 10/30/19

The Power of Dreams!

loner

Juzh wrote:
31 Oct 2019, 13:28
loner wrote:
Juzh
Thanks

Although not a big deal, it's nice to see people aprrecieate these clips. I'm yet to see something similar from someone else on a regular basis, be it on reddit or anywhere else. IMO it's important to get those laps out there before the season's end, because all data in F1 app will be gone by next season, as it always has been.
i think its not so easy first you need the knowledge of racing and you have to be expertise in vegas or premiere or whatever program you use to render then comes the complication of using the best rendering with small size videos and then you need a very respectable uploading speed couple that with ofcourse a beast of a computer so yeah you are the man :mrgreen:
para bellum.

Juzh

loner wrote:
31 Oct 2019, 13:42
Juzh wrote:
loner wrote:
Juzh
Thanks

i think its not so easy first you need the knowledge of racing and you have to be expertise in vegas or premiere or whatever program you use to render then comes the complication of using the best rendering with small size videos and then you need a very respectable uploading speed couple that with ofcourse a beast of a computer so yeah you are the man :mrgreen:
vegas is so 2000s, premiere is where it's at :-D

Sieper

Juzh wrote:
loner wrote:
Juzh
Thanks

you are really adding value with these movies, also because your own input around them is always objective (and I know you also post in many other parts of the forum in the same way). Unlike myself (and many others) who mostly just bring opinion your information I have regularly been looking at / learning from. Warm thank you. I know it is a lot of work and indeed nobody else is pulling that cart.

McMika98
McMika98

Having just aeen the concept for 2021 aero regs, there is no doubt it is going to haunt this team. The front wing loading is inboard. Ferrari having mastered the airflow for optimum balance despite the lack of downforce have a massive head start. No wonder they dont want to delay the reg change.
Both Merc and Redbull wanted to delay till 2022. They clearly will have a lot of learning to do. I guess we need to lower expectation for next year because they will have to learn the new aero philosophy with inboard loading. Pretty glum but realistic.

Marti_EF3

McMika98 wrote:
31 Oct 2019, 19:32
Having just aeen the concept for 2021 aero regs, there is no doubt it is going to haunt this team. The front wing loading is inboard. Ferrari having mastered the airflow for optimum balance despite the lack of downforce have a massive head start. No wonder they dont want to delay the reg change.
Both Merc and Redbull wanted to delay till 2022. They clearly will have a lot of learning to do. I guess we need to lower expectation for next year because they will have to learn the new aero philosophy with inboard loading. Pretty glum but realistic.
What bothers me most, is that it will be like a spec series with that new cars. With all that restrictions in aero, whan the teams can do? Every single car will look identical to the others except for the livery... I'm not convinced for the new regs...

aral
aral

What is it about you guys who insist on continuously turning the rbr team thread into a Hamilton v Verstappen battle. If you want to discuss issues in the Mexican GP, please do so on the race thread. Please keep this thread on team issues etc.

hasika
hasika

https://headlines.yahoo.co.jp/hl?a=2019 ... 5-rcg-moto

Tanabe san's interview on Thursday.
── Its the 100th race after Honda return to F1 this weekend.
Tanabe: Yeah. I don't know how far we can actually fight until we start running tomorrow, I hope our package fits the circuit.

──The car was fast in Mexico, but do you fear that it wont be competive as Mexico this weekend?
Tanabe: Well,that's possible.

── You means both chassis and power unit side?
Tanabe: I dont think there will be much diference with the power uint.There will be nothing suprise.The condition special in Mexico, so every manufacturer just worked hard to have the best performance.

──Did Honda do something too?
Tanabe:We adapted what we decided after testing and it worked without problems. So I think we did a good job.

──The temperature is very low this weekend, its the condition better for the power unit?
Tanabe: Each has its own strengths and weaknesses. Japanese people prefer hot and humid conditions.

--- Is that anthropomorphic?
Tanabe: Hahah. Generally say,the condition(low temperature) make it easier for power unit. It's good for reliability and they dont need to do much thing with aerodynamic settings to cool down the machine. Also"we had to cool down the car when in traffic"wont happen.

──Although this circuit has long straights, but it is not so challenging for the power unit?
Tanabe : Yeah.Full throttle ratio is not that high either.

── If we will see a clear gap between each teams as Suzuka?
Tanabe: We wont know until the car is runing in the track.

──Ferrari said they have some advantage because of the long straights.
Tanabe: I think its about the package.If we compared with the power unit only,i dont think the gap is that big.

──Is it one of the special GPs for you,who had a lot of racing experience in the US?
Tanabe: Yes. But not just this, F1 is still not that popular in this country. But the race fans, including Honda fans and car owners, will still follow us. I hope we can show them a good fight,and there will be more F1 and Honda fans.

McMika98
McMika98

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/red- ... d/4589800/

Here we go again. Just when you think they learn their lesson.