[MVRC] Mantium Virtual Racecar Challenge 2019 (Grand Prix Cars)

Post here information about your own engineering projects, including but not limited to building your own car or designing a virtual car through CAD.
LVDH

Re: [MVRC] Mantium Virtual Racecar Challenge 2019 (Grand Prix Cars)

rjsa wrote:
01 Nov 2019, 22:39
Andre, I’m using fusion now, meshes look neat. I ran the checkmesh script and checked them on magics. The sript does report problems but I could find no holes. The script also creates some obj files but I can’t figure out what’s wrong.

Tomorrow morning I’ll reboot before processing and see if it improves things. I have 64gb ram.
You could either send me an email with all log files or the entire case. I can only check the case on Monday though. It is not guaranteed that my suspicions are the source of the problem. It could always be something else. Sometimes the algorithm to find the near wall distance simply fails because of other mesh issues.

rjsa
rjsa

LVDH wrote:
02 Nov 2019, 11:12
rjsa wrote:
01 Nov 2019, 22:39
Andre, I’m using fusion now, meshes look neat. I ran the checkmesh script and checked them on magics. The sript does report problems but I could find no holes. The script also creates some obj files but I can’t figure out what’s wrong.

Tomorrow morning I’ll reboot before processing and see if it improves things. I have 64gb ram.
You could either send me an email with all log files or the entire case. I can only check the case on Monday though. It is not guaranteed that my suspicions are the source of the problem. It could always be something else. Sometimes the algorithm to find the near wall distance simply fails because of other mesh issues.
The reboot did the trick. Now I need to find is something is leaking memory or if I had too much going on. Managed to get complete reports for cases that failed before.

I did have a case diverge and the report crash without finishing the html, I don’t think I’ll figure out what went wrong and will have to ditch the part.

rjsa
rjsa

The reboot fixed the incomplete reports, just did another one. I’ll try to figure if it was memory or something crashed, like ogl.
Last edited by rjsa on 03 Nov 2019, 00:08, edited 1 time in total.

CAEdevice

I don't think it is a ram limit, 64gb are more than enough and it happened sometimes with my 128gb Windows workstation (but it does not happen now with the Linux 64gb worktation I am using).

rjsa
rjsa

I was looking at ram usage and it didn’t spike more than 2gb, so I agree, ram might not be the problem. I’ll keep looking.

machin

Hey guys, due to the time zone difference at the COTA the results will be published this evening at around 20:00 CET. 😊
COMPETITION CAR ENGINEERING -Home of VIRTUAL STOPWATCH

machin

Good news.... the organisers of the “other” race found time in the schedule to let us run before the “main race”!

machin

If you want the full CFD results, go over to my twitter page (just to avoid spoiling things for people who want to watch the video without figuring out the results!)

https://twitter.com/Comp_Car_Eng/status ... 4840593408

Koldskaal

Congratulations where these are in order =D>
Many cars showing impressive downforce figures.
MVRC - Koldskaal, name: Christian

rjsa
rjsa

I've gained another 10% df on top of that version. Now I just need another 50% on top of it.

Amazing.

CAEdevice

Interesting results, impressive downforce improvement by most of the teams, expecially the winner.

variante

Come on, a couple of hours have passed...we can spoil!

Yeah, i'm very happy with this victory as it was my target. It has come unexpectedly, because of my diffuser problem and because of Koldskaal's impressive performance.
Now it seems like the championship is really heading towards CAEdevice!

CAEdevice

At last... congratulations Variante!

... and thanks for taking 25 points! :)

Koldskaal did e great race too.

As I wrote last year, in MVRC the best car is the one who has won the last race, so I consider myself at third place now, behind the red ones.

Clearly my target now is to win the next race.

I am happy with my car, good performance considering that I was so desperate to submit a car that had not been simulated yet (the simulation was running meanwhile).

CAEdevice

I forgot: JJR is back! Next race the podium is possible. Good progression.

JJR
JJR

Great , 4th race nad 4th different winner.Congratulation to Variante a Koldskaal and Matteo !!! Variante manage once again to climb at the top. ( I will call his machine hyperformula 1 car from now :)). Matteo as always getting podiums and earning usefull points and ofcourse Koldskaal impressive for newcomer.
My car finally is getting some aero performance but I forgot to check cooling. #-o