2019 United States Grand Prix - Austin, 1-3 November

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
GPR-A

Re: 2019 United States Grand Prix - Austin, 1-3 November

SiLo wrote:
05 Nov 2019, 15:09
GPR -A wrote:
05 Nov 2019, 14:02
iotar__ wrote:
05 Nov 2019, 13:22
[Cue every track is Hamilton's favourite music]
Uhu, if it was driver's cicruit Suzuka that would have been understandable. Although let me check (Q):
2014 Rosberg
2015 Rosberg
2016 Hamilton.
Hmm, it's not 3:0 so I guess it's strong :? . Maybe some parts falling (didn't check) :? .

I missed the amount of time lost because of the brake thing which is convinient, it can be a tenth or two or maybe four? There's no way of telling. Regardless, at least it wasn't one "small" mistake as a conclusion of scientific side by side lap analysis proved in some earlier post.
Short memory? How about 2017 and 2018? You omit it for the convenience of your view point? How many races did Rosberg win in US? Exactly zero.
Wins at COTA:

Hamilton - 5.

Vettel - 1.

Kimi - 1

Bottas - 1

Literally everyone else - 0.
Corrected that for you. :)

Sieper

Kimi, Bottas.

zero?

NathanOlder

@GPR-A You were lucky, I was about to add Bottas before you did :lol:
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

RZS10

Probably this piece here, eh?

SiLo

GPR -A wrote:
05 Nov 2019, 15:11
SiLo wrote:
05 Nov 2019, 15:09
GPR -A wrote:
Short memory? How about 2017 and 2018? You omit it for the convenience of your view point? How many races did Rosberg win in US? Exactly zero.
Wins at COTA:

Hamilton - 5.

Vettel - 1.

Kimi - 1

Bottas - 1

Literally everyone else - 0.
Corrected that for you. :)
Thanks! I blindly googled and completely forgot about the last two years. Thankfully it actually solidifies my point!
Felipe Baby!

epo
epo

GPR -A wrote:
04 Nov 2019, 18:59
izzy wrote:
04 Nov 2019, 18:52
epo wrote:
04 Nov 2019, 17:49
I doubt that call was from him, 99% his engineer or team that makes those decisions. Especially if you hear him talking during the race, so unsecure I really doubt that.
Besides that don't make him bigger then he is. Great driver but then also in the greatest car ever in F1 without any competition from his teammate.
that's the teammate who just went pole,win? :lol:

and obviously it was his call how hard to chase Seb in front of him

and also obviously Lewis is part of that car being great. when he joined Mercedes the whole media circus moved down the pitlane with him and the whole team immediately knew that any car they came up with would be raced to the max. They could get the budget they wanted from the Board cos they knew it would pay off, and they could get any staff they wanted too. Lewis and the team is a virtuous circle, making each other greater
It's not that people like epo are reading these things first time or unaware of these realities. They need something to hang on to that makes their contrived opinions seems legitimate, because for whatever reason Lewis is not the preferred driver of their natural selection.
That is a lot of bs, I'm not saying he is a bad driver, he is compared to the rest and last year yes obviously the best driver. Only saying he never had any real competition from his teammate, yeah Rosberg and lost one but won more.
Just bored with those post making him bigger then he needs to be like where other are being downplayed when they win by the Hammie fans. Ah well of course this a UK forum so understandable, we have the same stupidity on the Dutch forums with Max.

RZS10

I seriously don't understand why Hulk had to give the position back ... https://youtu.be/ggtQwHGyTa8?t=92

He's fully alongside and Kimi just doesn't give him any space, he doesn't even overtake him whilst off track.

In the end having to wait for Kimi like 2 laps later cost him the time he needed to catch Sainz whose tyres were dying towards the end.

Also ... how [synonym for copulating][opposite of intelligent/smart] is Kvyat?
He just keeps driving into others with some completely skewed perception that he's always in the right and others turn in on him etc ...

https://youtu.be/ggtQwHGyTa8?t=145

He jumped the inside curb and cluttered into the side of Perez damaging his car (suspension and front wing) and celebrated the move like it was something special and not just another braindead maneuver and later said his well deserved penalty was bullshit ...

He doesn't learn, does he? Maybe some hours with a shrink would help.

Sieper

RZS10 wrote:
05 Nov 2019, 16:49
I seriously don't understand why Hulk had to give the position back ... https://youtu.be/ggtQwHGyTa8?t=92

He's fully alongside and Kimi just doesn't give him any space, he doesn't even overtake him whilst off track.

In the end having to wait for Kimi like 2 laps later cost him the time he needed to catch Sainz whose tyres were dying towards the end.

He just keeps driving into others with some completely skewed perception that he's always in the right and others turn in on him etc ...

He jumped the inside curb and cluttered into the side of Perez damaging his car (suspension and front wing) and celebrated the move like it was something special and not just another braindead maneuver and later said his well deserved penalty was bullshit ...

Agreed on both accounts. Kvyat seems to want to pressure himself into proving he is also a contender for the RBR seat. In fact proving the opposite. And For Hulk I too thought it very debatable. Kimi squeezed him. Sometimes it is a headscratcher for me who gets away with what and who is penalized and this was certainly a case like that. I thought it a fair overtake.

NathanOlder

Red Bull academy. Most of the time they build them in to little spoilt brats.
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

GPR-A

epo wrote:
05 Nov 2019, 16:44
GPR -A wrote:
04 Nov 2019, 18:59
izzy wrote:
04 Nov 2019, 18:52

that's the teammate who just went pole,win? :lol:

and obviously it was his call how hard to chase Seb in front of him

and also obviously Lewis is part of that car being great. when he joined Mercedes the whole media circus moved down the pitlane with him and the whole team immediately knew that any car they came up with would be raced to the max. They could get the budget they wanted from the Board cos they knew it would pay off, and they could get any staff they wanted too. Lewis and the team is a virtuous circle, making each other greater
It's not that people like epo are reading these things first time or unaware of these realities. They need something to hang on to that makes their contrived opinions seems legitimate, because for whatever reason Lewis is not the preferred driver of their natural selection.
That is a lot of bs, I'm not saying he is a bad driver, he is compared to the rest and last year yes obviously the best driver. Only saying he never had any real competition from his teammate, yeah Rosberg and lost one but won more.
Just bored with those post making him bigger then he needs to be like where other are being downplayed when they win by the Hammie fans. Ah well of course this a UK forum so understandable, we have the same stupidity on the Dutch forums with Max.
Oh cut the crap please. I have read enough of that. There have been too many debates around this and you are not saying anything that is not already said and scoffed off at. As for your ignorance, this site is owned by a Belgian and one where people from every nationality come and debate with equal rights. Every english site need not have to be a "UK Forum". That's just basics.

drunkf1fan
drunkf1fan

RZS10 wrote:

Firstly and most importantly, he was able to floor it because he went off track. If he'd intended to stay on track he'd both have had to lift to turn tighter and he'd have to slip in behind Kimi. The only reason he stayed alongside Kimi and able to pass into the next corner was he kept his foot down and drove clean off the track. It's painfully obvious that the only way he was able to make that pass was by driving off the track. The decision to make him give the position back was both insanely obvious and doable immediately.

He chose to despite knowing he kept his foot in and drove clean off the track gaining and advantage in doing so, pull away from Kimi. He could have once off the track simply not made the move and passed on the next straight, he could have realised himself right after passing or the team could have told him to give the position back and then got right back to attacking, instead he ignored a ludicrously obvious situation where he gained an advantage by being off track, ignored it for a couple of laps and then got told to stop being an idiot.

You can't gain an advantage by going off track, he clearly did and turned that advantage into a pass.

TAG

epo wrote:
05 Nov 2019, 16:44
Only saying he never had any real competition from his teammate, yeah Rosberg and lost one but won more.
Just bored with those post making him bigger then he needs to be like where other are being downplayed when they win by the Hammie fans.
Alonso WDC raced against and beat as a rookie.
Button WDC raced against and beat two of the three years together.
Rosberg WDC raced against for 4 years and beat 3 of the 4 years.

Racing against and beating 3 WDC drivers, no real competition. :wtf:
माकडाच्या हाती कोलीत

ENGINE TUNER
ENGINE TUNER

GPR -A wrote:
iotar__ wrote:
05 Nov 2019, 13:22
GPR -A wrote:
05 Nov 2019, 10:17
Thanks. That provides some perspective of his qualifying struggle, especially in COTA where he goes so strong.
[Cue every track is Hamilton's favourite music]
Uhu, if it was driver's cicruit Suzuka that would have been understandable. Although let me check (Q):
2014 Rosberg
2015 Rosberg
2016 Hamilton.
Hmm, it's not 3:0 so I guess it's strong :? . Maybe some parts falling (didn't check) :? .

I missed the amount of time lost because of the brake thing which is convinient, it can be a tenth or two or maybe four? There's no way of telling. Regardless, at least it wasn't one "small" mistake as a conclusion of scientific side by side lap analysis proved in some earlier post.
2015 was not a real pole for ROS, they ran q1 and q2 as normal and then scrapped with absolutely no notice supposedly because of weather. Q2 should not determine pole under normal circumstances, because the drivers should be focused on getting into q2 while taking out as little as possible performance from the tires they will start the race on(for the top 3 teams of course).

RZS10

NathanOlder wrote:
05 Nov 2019, 17:02
Red Bull academy. Most of the time they build them in to little spoilt brats.
You know that this ist just your personal bias showing, right?

Speed, Buemi, Alguersuari, Hartley, Vergne, Klien, Vettel, Liuzzi, Ricciardo, Kvyat, Albon, Verstappen, Sainz and Gasly made it to F1 coming from the RB Academy.
Most of them never made enough of an impact to remember their performances, but almost none of them is remembered as a spolied brat - many of them being far from that, actually.

The few which could be categorized as such are Vettel, who really tends to get the red mist sometimes and then has a hard time admitting guilt initially but usually comes around some time later (was especially bad in his early RBR days). Then there's Verstappen where most of his behaviour can probably be ascribed to his upbringing as Jos Verstappen's son and Kvyat who just keeps crashing into people without ever thinking that it might be him.

So maybe, if you really wanted to describe Vettel as a spoiled brat and would ignore Verstappen being a Verstappen and Kvyat's low mental capacities you'd have 3/14 which surely isn't "most of the time" ...

drunkf1fan wrote:
05 Nov 2019, 17:30
RZS10 wrote:

Firstly and most importantly, he was able to floor it because he went off track. If he'd intended to stay on track he'd both have had to lift to turn tighter and he'd have to slip in behind Kimi. The only reason he stayed alongside Kimi and able to pass into the next corner was he kept his foot down and drove clean off the track. It's painfully obvious that the only way he was able to make that pass was by driving off the track. The decision to make him give the position back was both insanely obvious and doable immediately.

He chose to despite knowing he kept his foot in and drove clean off the track gaining and advantage in doing so, pull away from Kimi. He could have once off the track simply not made the move and passed on the next straight, he could have realised himself right after passing or the team could have told him to give the position back and then got right back to attacking, instead he ignored a ludicrously obvious situation where he gained an advantage by being off track, ignored it for a couple of laps and then got told to stop being an idiot.

You can't gain an advantage by going off track, he clearly did and turned that advantage into a pass.
Yea but you completely ignore that Kimi was required to leave space to a driver that was right next to him and just blatantly ran him off track, unless you believe that drivers should yield even from the position Hulk was in but then i fully agree with him saying "Dunno how you wanna race then"....

ENGINE TUNER
ENGINE TUNER

RZS10 wrote:

Kimi gave Hulk just enough space to keep 1 tire on the white line, that is all that is required from both parties, Kimi gave the room, Hulk didn't use it, penalty deserved, proper penalty applied, give back the place,. If Hulk would have given back the place immediately then the penalty would have been less costly time wise. Do better Hulk, if you ever get the opportunity in F1 again, which he should because he is better than GRO, GIO and KUB at least.