2019 Mclaren F1 Team - Renault

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
diffuser

Re: 2019 Mclaren F1 Team - Renault

ScottR267 wrote:
06 Nov 2019, 00:29
godlameroso wrote:
06 Nov 2019, 00:11
I wonder if Coca Cola will increase their investment in the team, Red Bull Vs Coca Cola hmmm. Monster is plastered on the Mercedes, all we need is for Ferrari to stick a big Lavazzo logo on the rear wing.
Coca-Cola as a title sponsor/principle partner would be a great coup...however I just can’t see it...their products sell themselves, therefore do they need the cost of the extra exposure, especially in the current climate?
Coke ads life! ;)

Rodak

Is that 'ads' part deliberate? If so well done; if not, bad spelling!

izzy

ScottR267 wrote:
06 Nov 2019, 00:29
godlameroso wrote:
06 Nov 2019, 00:11
I wonder if Coca Cola will increase their investment in the team, Red Bull Vs Coca Cola hmmm. Monster is plastered on the Mercedes, all we need is for Ferrari to stick a big Lavazzo logo on the rear wing.
Coca-Cola as a title sponsor/principle partner would be a great coup...however I just can’t see it...their products sell themselves, therefore do they need the cost of the extra exposure, especially in the current climate?
the whole Coke brand is built on advertising!

diffuser

Rodak wrote:
06 Nov 2019, 07:59
Is that 'ads' part deliberate? If so well done; if not, bad spelling!
It was purposely done, hence, the wink and thank you!

Ground Effect

Personally, I think there’s a bigger chance of getting BAT to increase their sponsorship and have more prominence. I actually feel getting Coca Cola on board, no matter how minimal was a good job. Not just because they’re a household name that sells itself, but because they’re already doing a ton of advertising and sponsorship. Premier League, The World Cup, Olympics etc. But with BAT, they’re more restricted on where they can advertise, so getting the F1 outlet is a good opportunity for them. I saw an F1 financial report on teams (I can’t confirm if accurate) that claimed the Ferrari Philip Morris sponsorship is worth a staggering $160M.
Q: (Stefano Mancini – La Stampa) Kimi, will you help Vettel to win his championship this year?
Kimi Raikkonen: I can only drive one car, obviously. 
@2018 Singapore Grand Prix drivers press conference.

ScottR267

Ground Effect wrote:
06 Nov 2019, 13:27
Personally, I think there’s a bigger chance of getting BAT to increase their sponsorship and have more prominence. I actually feel getting Coca Cola on board, no matter how minimal was a good job. Not just because they’re a household name that sells itself, but because they’re already doing a ton of advertising and sponsorship. Premier League, The World Cup, Olympics etc. But with BAT, they’re more restricted on where they can advertise, so getting the F1 outlet is a good opportunity for them. I saw an F1 financial report on teams (I can’t confirm if accurate) that claimed the Ferrari Philip Morris sponsorship is worth a staggering $160M.
I thought Phillip Morris then sell the space out to other sponsors accordingly? Could be wrong.....

Ground Effect

ScottR267 wrote:
06 Nov 2019, 14:49
Ground Effect wrote:
I thought Phillip Morris then sell the space out to other sponsors accordingly? Could be wrong.....
You could be right too, that sounds very plausible.
Q: (Stefano Mancini – La Stampa) Kimi, will you help Vettel to win his championship this year?
Kimi Raikkonen: I can only drive one car, obviously. 
@2018 Singapore Grand Prix drivers press conference.

makecry

Ground Effect wrote:

Philip Morris owns the space for the entire car. They then sell spaces to other companies.

_cerber1

Zak Brown: New sponsors incoming at McLaren for 2020

McLaren will build on its existing portfolio of sponsors in 2020, according to Zak Brown.

McLaren Racing CEO Zak Brown says the Formula 1 team will have some new, additional sponsors on its car for the 2020 season, continuing its recent push.
McLaren has struck deals with a number of brands including Dell, Coca-Cola and British American Tobacco since Brown’s arrival, building an extensive sponsorship portfolio that has filled up much of the car - and will continue to do so in 2020.

Asked in Austin if there would be new sponsors joining McLaren next year, Brown said: “Yep.

“We hit our numbers this year on our sponsor projections. I anticipate us hitting them again next year.

“The car is gradually filling up, some great companies, but definitely we’ll have some great partners for next year, and everyone we have is staying.”

ScottR267

_cerber1 wrote:
08 Nov 2019, 12:25
Zak Brown: New sponsors incoming at McLaren for 2020

McLaren will build on its existing portfolio of sponsors in 2020, according to Zak Brown.

McLaren Racing CEO Zak Brown says the Formula 1 team will have some new, additional sponsors on its car for the 2020 season, continuing its recent push.
McLaren has struck deals with a number of brands including Dell, Coca-Cola and British American Tobacco since Brown’s arrival, building an extensive sponsorship portfolio that has filled up much of the car - and will continue to do so in 2020.

Asked in Austin if there would be new sponsors joining McLaren next year, Brown said: “Yep.

“We hit our numbers this year on our sponsor projections. I anticipate us hitting them again next year.

“The car is gradually filling up, some great companies, but definitely we’ll have some great partners for next year, and everyone we have is staying.”
Good news that all current sponsors are staying! Zak has done an incredible job in attracting new sponsors....you’ve only got to look at the huge contrast from the car from 2 years ago to today and notice the stark difference!

Let’s hope a principle partner can be found especially after such a good season this year, albeit not sure with the number of sponsors they have currently they can accommodate one with the space that they’d want!!

_cerber1

_cerber1

Continuation of fantasy for 2021.

Macklaren

WOW AMAZON? If this can convert into something bigger, would be a coup for next year. There have been AMZN rumors around McLaren since the 2017 documentary.

amho

I saw onboard laps of renault and Mclaren in cota gp, their engine sounds was very different and also it seems that Mclaren has higher gear ratio at least in lower gears.is there any difference between their engine or exhaust design?
There is no Might or Power except with Allah.

charliesmithhd

amho wrote:
08 Nov 2019, 17:10
I saw onboard laps of renault and Mclaren in cota gp, their engine sounds was very different and also it seems that Mclaren has higher gear ratio at least in lower gears.is there any difference between their engine or exhaust design?
Usually different microphones/ microphone placement