2019 Renault F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Morteza

Re: 2019 Renault F1 Team

"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool."~William Shakespeare

bauc

Great job by Renault to bring him in, he has a ton of experience
Формула 1 на Македонски - The first ever Macedonian Formula 1 YouTube channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJkjCv ... 6rVRgKASwg

Mclarensenna

marmer wrote:
02 Nov 2019, 09:57
Mclarensenna wrote:
02 Nov 2019, 02:35
"Dirk de Beer is back at Enstone as Head of Aerodynamics"

Cyril brings in the aero guy who helped create the slowest car on the grid and ultimately the slowest car in Williams 40+ year history.

Cyril has really outdone himself this time!
Combined with the fact that he outpriced his engine so now they only supply themselves ....
Do not worry super Cyril told us that losing Mclaren makes no difference at all.
Yet Toto says the more engines on track the more data we collect which actually helps us improve the engine.
So yes its pretty simple who is correct. Super Cyril the Super Manager with the super track record the last 5 years!

Jambier

I think Pat Fry is a good choice

And Pete Machin, he never delivered anything at Enstone, so not so bad to see him quit...

Let's see how the futur is.

Enstone

Fry good thing ! but i'm not convinced by De Beer who was at williams and if we remember 2018 car...

Jambier

Enstone wrote:
03 Nov 2019, 23:27
Fry good thing ! but i'm not convinced by De Beer who was at williams and if we remember 2018 car...
But I assume that "no one" can work at williams, look at paddy lowe

It seems that everything is going in the wrong direction there, and people can't work as they should.

So let's see, De Beer was a previous Enstone member, it should help

djos

Williams seems to be incapable of utilising talented ppl, poor Sam Michael was another casualty of Williams.
"In downforce we trust"

factory_p

marmer wrote:
Combined with the fact that he outpriced his engine so now they only supply themselves ....
Source on that?

I mean I know McLaren will switch to Mercedes but I haven't seen anywhere the reason was commercial.

Scorpaguy

Sorry if this is a bit off topic or has been covered before...but standing trackside for the first time this year...

...why does the Renault sound SO different from the other makes. Its tone was much deeper and throatier than anything (sans the Mcl of course...but even it was no where close). Downshifting into turn 20, the Renault sounded a car in a different class??? Very deep in tone...almost like it was running MUCH less RPMs. Why?

Also, not sure Vet would have ever repassed Ric on the track...superb drive. One that was well recieved by the throng.

marmer

Scorpaguy wrote:
04 Nov 2019, 21:07
Sorry if this is a bit off topic or has been covered before...but standing trackside for the first time this year...

...why does the Renault sound SO different from the other makes. Its tone was much deeper and throatier than anything (sans the Mcl of course...but even it was no where close). Downshifting into turn 20, the Renault sounded a car in a different class??? Very deep in tone...almost like it was running MUCH less RPMs. Why?

Also, not sure Vet would have ever repassed Ric on the track...superb drive. One that was well recieved by the throng.
he would have passed ricardo assuming he had no other issues. albon managed it and he pitted after major contact with sainz on lap 1 and was last

diffuser

ME4ME wrote:
01 Nov 2019, 20:38
I wonder if we see Peter Machin back at Red Bull anytime soon. Also Dirk de Beer is an interesting choice. You'd say it didn't end well for him at Williams, but Renault might know more on the matter. They certainly know him from his previous stint at the team.
He was better than whoever replaced him at Williams .... maybe he'll end at McLaren under PP?

Lotus102

diffuser wrote:
07 Nov 2019, 21:09
ME4ME wrote:
01 Nov 2019, 20:38
I wonder if we see Peter Machin back at Red Bull anytime soon. Also Dirk de Beer is an interesting choice. You'd say it didn't end well for him at Williams, but Renault might know more on the matter. They certainly know him from his previous stint at the team.
He was better than whoever replaced him at Williams .... maybe he'll end at McLaren under PP?
Doug McKiernan from McLaren replaced de Beer at Williams, and also Ed Wood, the chief designer. De Beer and Wood supposedly left by mutual consent ‘for personal reasons’. The general interpretation is that they took the fall for the failure of the FW41. It’ll be interesting to see how he slots in at Renault. There doesn’t seem to be anything wrong with his work at Ferrari.

Are these new appointments chiefly focussed on the 2021 car or just a general strengthening of the design team?

diffuser

factory_p wrote:
04 Nov 2019, 14:41
marmer wrote:
Source on that?

I mean I know McLaren will switch to Mercedes but I haven't seen anywhere the reason was commercial.
I remember McLaren stated it as one of the reasons but it wasn't the only reason for the change and I can't find the article. As I remember the difference was a few Million.

GhostF1

Scorpaguy wrote:
04 Nov 2019, 21:07

Variety of factors. Impossible to know exactly why. All four manufacturers sound noticeably different from each other, combustion style, fuel, timing characteristics, firing order, exhaust layout (to name a few) I would say. The Renault has always had the lowest tone on the grid throughout the years though.

Mansell89

Today’s final race summed up Renault season.

Huge couple of years ahead for them now. No lack of talent from a driver point of view with Ricciardo and Ocon in 2020. Pat Fry a great addition but will they be able to make a substantial leap with the chassis?

They will be the only Renault powered team in 2020- where do you think their power unit currently sits performance wise up against the other three?