2019 Brazilian Grand Prix - Interlagos, 15-17 November

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
Wass85
Wass85
-19
Joined: Wed Mar 01, 2017 9:11 pm

Re: 2019 Brazilian Grand Prix - Interlagos, 15-17 November

Post

matt_b wrote:
Sun Nov 17, 2019 8:32 pm
Before the SC Lewis was about to get DRS on Max with around 17 laps to go, who knows what would've happened without the SC. VSC would've sufficed, it just brought Ferrari into the mix and gave Red Bull an obvious decision by boxing for fresh softs, race over.
That's why I think Mercedes should have boxed Hamilton earlier for his 2nd stop and put on the hards, Red Bulls only option would have been to have a longer stint on the mediums.

User avatar
izzy
70
Joined: Sun May 26, 2019 9:28 pm

Re: 2019 Brazilian Grand Prix - Interlagos, 15-17 November

Post

maxxer wrote:
Sun Nov 17, 2019 8:32 pm
Izzy wrote: it was a crap, unsatisfying race. Another SC for a car that was right by an exit gap, only needed a rope, that led to more incidents and another SC, so the result was just all about SC's instead of racing for 300km
Maybe the car had a high voltage problem , you want to go in there and get shocked ?
maybe it didn't, that's why they have an indicator, and put a rope through for the crane

User avatar
El Scorchio
55
Joined: Mon Jul 29, 2019 11:41 am

Re: 2019 Brazilian Grand Prix - Interlagos, 15-17 November

Post

Wass85 wrote:
Sun Nov 17, 2019 8:33 pm
El Scorchio wrote:
Sun Nov 17, 2019 8:30 pm
Wass85 wrote:
Sun Nov 17, 2019 8:27 pm


They were thinking about the win and the win only. They gave it a shot but Verstappen got past Hamilton at the first opportunity.
He did. Because of the complete disparity between old, medium tyres and new, soft tyres, and the relative strong performance of the Red Bull compared to the Mercedes around this circuit. It was clear as day to anyone what would immediately happen. He's lucky the Ferraris crashed into each other or he'd have probably lost more places.
He did so because Lewis had a terrible restart. Saying that it was just a matter of time, he would have passed Lewis with ease at some other point.
It was only a terrible restart because of the relative disparity performance of the cars at that point of the race. He was going to get overtaken by whoever was behind him.

ENGINE TUNER
ENGINE TUNER
23
Joined: Tue Nov 29, 2016 5:07 pm

Re: 2019 Brazilian Grand Prix - Interlagos, 15-17 November

Post

atanatizante wrote:
Sun Nov 17, 2019 8:28 pm
Every time in Mexico and Brasil that RB pace was down more to the fact that until last year Renault the biggest turbo hence was the least ICE affected by the high altitude on losing power ...

Now in 2019, Renault went for a smaller turbo and it was Honda that followed this trend and picked up this advantage as we could clearly see at Mexico and here when VER could easily overtake HAM, at least on the first time after the first pit stop.

But for me, the most impresive and decisive argument on my theory was that move made by ALB against both LEC and VET ...

And last but not least, both HAM and Christian Horner praised the progress Honda has made this year, something we welcome for the next year with this mighty Ferrari PU and rumours that Merc finally has had solved their cooling issues and make some progress against Ferrari on PU front ...
It NEVER had anything to do with turbo size of Renault or Honda or anyone else. It had everything to do with Red Bulls ability to create more downforce, specifically at lower speeds which allows them to take care of their tires. There is no magic fairy turbo dust.

Wass85
Wass85
-19
Joined: Wed Mar 01, 2017 9:11 pm

Re: 2019 Brazilian Grand Prix - Interlagos, 15-17 November

Post

El Scorchio wrote:
Sun Nov 17, 2019 8:40 pm
Wass85 wrote:
Sun Nov 17, 2019 8:33 pm
El Scorchio wrote:
Sun Nov 17, 2019 8:30 pm


He did. Because of the complete disparity between old, medium tyres and new, soft tyres, and the relative strong performance of the Red Bull compared to the Mercedes around this circuit. It was clear as day to anyone what would immediately happen. He's lucky the Ferraris crashed into each other or he'd have probably lost more places.
He did so because Lewis had a terrible restart. Saying that it was just a matter of time, he would have passed Lewis with ease at some other point.
It was only a terrible restart because of the relative disparity performance of the cars at that point of the race. He was going to get overtaken by whoever was behind him.
OK whatever you say, I personally think it was poor as he let Max get a perfect run on him. Like I said though it didn't really change anything as Lewis wouldn't have had the pace to hold him off anyway.

User avatar
214270
11
Joined: Sat Apr 27, 2019 5:49 pm

Re: 2019 Brazilian Grand Prix - Interlagos, 15-17 November

Post

LEC doesn’t seem like a clean driver, I didn’t like that chop on NOR; I’m glad in a way he got a taste of his own medicine.
Team ANTI-HYPE. Prove it, then I’ll anoint you.

User avatar
izzy
70
Joined: Sun May 26, 2019 9:28 pm

Re: 2019 Brazilian Grand Prix - Interlagos, 15-17 November

Post

214270 wrote:
Sun Nov 17, 2019 8:48 pm
LEC doesn’t seem like a clean driver, I didn’t like that chop on NOR; I’m glad in a way he got a taste of his own medicine.
I am feeling the same thing. Even with the Seb contact Charles moved over first, a bit

User avatar
siskue2005
194
Joined: Fri May 11, 2007 8:50 pm

Re: 2019 Brazilian Grand Prix - Interlagos, 15-17 November

Post

214270 wrote:
Sun Nov 17, 2019 8:48 pm
LEC doesn’t seem like a clean driver, I didn’t like that chop on NOR; I’m glad in a way he got a taste of his own medicine.
Yup, Leclerc had a taste of his own medicine... he could have given some more room when Vettel passed him, he kept very very close to the road end when Vettel passed him on the right and that annoyed Vettel and made him move to left so that he can bully his teammate... and that made them touch.

User avatar
Unf
-8
Joined: Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:56 pm

Re: 2019 Brazilian Grand Prix - Interlagos, 15-17 November

Post

214270 wrote:
Sun Nov 17, 2019 8:48 pm
LEC doesn’t seem like a clean driver
He's not. But on Ferrari Vet is the one who has hot head. Vet misbehaved when he try to overtake other guys like Ham or Albon today but he's totally mad when he is battling his temmate.
Last edited by turbof1 on Sun Nov 17, 2019 8:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: foul language

bucker
bucker
11
Joined: Thu Aug 02, 2012 8:33 pm

Re: 2019 Brazilian Grand Prix - Interlagos, 15-17 November

Post

Sainz promoted to P3. Lewis Got 5s penalty.

flexcon
flexcon
7
Joined: Wed Mar 08, 2017 8:18 am

Re: 2019 Brazilian Grand Prix - Interlagos, 15-17 November

Post

Franz tost confirming gasly running low
Downforce so that may explain the drag up the hill with Lewis.




Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User avatar
etusch
199
Joined: Sun Feb 22, 2009 10:09 pm
Location: Turkey

Re: 2019 Brazilian Grand Prix - Interlagos, 15-17 November

Post


User avatar
Capharol
60
Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2018 4:06 pm

Re: 2019 Brazilian Grand Prix - Interlagos, 15-17 November

Post

Hamilton 5s timepenalty.... Sainz 3rd
Image
Last edited by Capharol on Sun Nov 17, 2019 9:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Strive for continuous improvement, instead of perfection.
"Most people seem to turn off their brain when they turn on the computer and log in to social media."

Wass85
Wass85
-19
Joined: Wed Mar 01, 2017 9:11 pm

Re: 2019 Brazilian Grand Prix - Interlagos, 15-17 November

Post

How did Hamilton end up with no battery when Verstappen passed him the first time? I felt like Lewis fell asleep there and could have defended better after doing all the hard work.

dans79
dans79
393
Joined: Sun Mar 03, 2013 6:33 pm
Location: USA

Re: 2019 Brazilian Grand Prix - Interlagos, 15-17 November

Post

Wass85 wrote:
Sun Nov 17, 2019 8:58 pm
How did Hamilton end up with no battery when Verstappen passed him the first time? I felt like Lewis fell asleep there and could have defended better after doing all the hard work.
Maximum deployment on his out lap.
173 101 99 7