2019 Mclaren F1 Team - Renault

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Darth-Piekus

Re: 2019 Mclaren F1 Team - Renault

On the contrary friend. It was so clear what happened there that Hamilton should have been penalized immediately. If the Stewards are unable to take a quick decision like they did take some years earlier on a similar incident then they should resign and let a full F1 Former Driver team take their place.

proteus

Xero wrote:
17 Nov 2019, 22:24
proteus wrote:
17 Nov 2019, 22:11
Xero wrote:
17 Nov 2019, 22:10
Definitely didn't earn it, but would be a great reward for a fantastic season! The waiting is torturous!
Explain it to me how did they not have earned it?
I think I just have a different view on the meaning of the word "earned", which I believe to be on absolute merit. Thoroughly deserved the podium result if that makes sense? Maybe a language barrier thing! :lol:
Yes, it quite as well might be. :lol:
If i would get the money to start my own F1 team, i would revive Arrows

thestig84
thestig84

Darth-Piekus wrote:
On the contrary friend. It was so clear what happened there that Hamilton should have been penalized immediately. If the Stewards are unable to take a quick decision like they did take some years earlier on a similar incident then they should resign and let a full F1 Former Driver team take their place.
I agree. Stewarding needs a total reform. Black and white flag shown twice and then someone lost it again!? The whole interviewing drivers is a farce...if its mid race there is not interview so why after race. No other sport can try and sway the ref in an official interview. I say if they cant make decision in a set time period they need to come up with better solution. I bet this will drag on for hours yet. Pathetic

Big Tea

thestig84 wrote:
17 Nov 2019, 22:35
Darth-Piekus wrote:
I agree. Stewarding needs a total reform. Black and white flag shown twice and then someone lost it again!? The whole interviewing drivers is a farce...if its mid race there is not interview so why after race. No other sport can try and sway the ref in an official interview. I say if they cant make decision in a set time period they need to come up with better solution. I bet this will drag on for hours yet. Pathetic
They can not show the flag until a decision has been made. Once a car it retired it is unrevokeable. Best let the race progress if there is any doubt, nothing lost in the long term
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

Macklaren
Macklaren

PODIUM!!!*

*Carlos also under investigation though so this may be as short lived as Massa's world championship

tpeman
tpeman

Darth-Piekus wrote:
It might seem strange, but I think the decision to postpone the penalty was for the crowd. Lewis seems pretty popular in Brazil so a familiar face, the six time reigning champion, would get the crowd's attention. It is a whole other story whether this is the right thing to do.

Darth-Piekus

It was so unprofessional and with no respect to Sainz. Lewis is not driving alone. There are other drivers also. They should not care if Lewis is popular or not. They are Stewards for a reason. To be neutral and deliver verdicts. This incident was so clear they should have taken a decision quickly.

Anyway. What done is done I believe. Great result by the team. 3rd Place before the end of 2019. Having also more points and better results than the whole Second Honda Era. Sainz is now on 6th place with equal points with Gasly with a new engine. It's time to help him secure than 6th place in the final race and end this fantastic year. Then focus on the next car and hoping it can close the gap completely.

dr_cooke
dr_cooke

Podium it is. Official now. Well deserved by Carlos. Great drive

Big Tea

dr_cooke wrote:
17 Nov 2019, 23:04
Nice to have some silverware as proof of progress
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

Xero

McL-H
McL-H

Big Tea wrote:
17 Nov 2019, 23:06
dr_cooke wrote:
17 Nov 2019, 23:04
Nice to have some silverware as proof of progress
More a proof of luck than a proof of progress with 4 cars in front of him having problems. But we’ll take it anyway.

Hopefully we can actually compete for a podium here and there on own merit next season.

Xero

Good to see he got his moment on the podium, albeit a bit more subdued! =D>

https://twitter.com/McLarenF1/status/11 ... 2843597825

bauc

So it is official, YES!!! YES!!!!

=D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>
Формула 1 на Македонски - The first ever Macedonian Formula 1 YouTube channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJkjCv ... 6rVRgKASwg

bauc

Формула 1 на Македонски - The first ever Macedonian Formula 1 YouTube channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJkjCv ... 6rVRgKASwg

Ground Effect
Ground Effect

McLaren unboxed this week is gonna be awesome!
Q: (Stefano Mancini – La Stampa) Kimi, will you help Vettel to win his championship this year?
Kimi Raikkonen: I can only drive one car, obviously. 
@2018 Singapore Grand Prix drivers press conference.