2019 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
selvam_e2002

Re: 2019 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

bluechris wrote:
17 Nov 2019, 23:17
Ferrari needs a solution ASAP.
We have a 4 time champion that to me he cannot accept that a rookie teammate is equal or faster than him in some scenarios. Why he tried to pass again his teammate that had much fresher tyres? That's the key question that shows his problem. He is not thinking straight whenever there is pressure from his teammate. We have many examples of this behavior from him and not only this year but in the previous years also when Kimi had a good day and off course his Weber fights. Its a huge problem for Ferrari and if i was them i would had already discuss with Riciardo. They also can bring back Alonso if he feels up for it.
Im sure Tifosi will still love him and love any driver drives the red car.
I don't believe it is a driver issue, it is a team management issue. The management of driver is very poor this season.

They could told them either Lec or Vettel to hold their position or give instruction to Vettel to give his position so that Lecrec try to get overtake albon.

I complete blame this situation on Ferrari team management instead of drivers.

selvam_e2002

ENGINE TUNER wrote:
18 Nov 2019, 04:29
bluechris wrote:
17 Nov 2019, 23:17
Ferrari needs a solution ASAP.
We have a 4 time champion that to me he cannot accept that a rookie teammate is equal or faster than him in some scenarios. Why he tried to pass again his teammate that had much fresher tyres? That's the key question that shows his problem. He is not thinking straight whenever there is pressure from his teammate. We have many examples of this behavior from him and not only this year but in the previous years also when Kimi had a good day and off course his Weber fights. Its a huge problem for Ferrari and if i was them i would had already discuss with Riciardo. They also can bring back Alonso if he feels up for it.
Im sure Tifosi will still love him and love any driver drives the red car.
The solution is simple, get rid of Vettel. RIC and HUL are better choices for the team and are available. The little bit of extra speed that vettel may bring is not worth all his idiotic mistakes. He has cost the team points, podiums, wins and championships. Any true Ferrari fan would want him gone. LEC is a wdc level driver in the right car, Ferrari need a wdc level #2 next to him.
to play wing man for Lecrec. Will Ric accept it? I don't think so, if he is then he should stayed in RedBull.

Hul is a good choice but with Lec and Hulk in Ferrari, they cannot match Ham and Bottas. So, difficult to win WDC and WCC till 2024.

Lecrec is not a groomed well yet may take another 3 to 4 years. By that time Ferrari may run out of patience.

selvam_e2002

to handle this situation, bring back Alonso that is the only choice for ferrari.

Capharol

selvam_e2002 wrote:
18 Nov 2019, 05:52
to handle this situation, bring back Alonso that is the only choice for ferrari.
again pls do so, a contender less for WDC & WCC

SiLo

Alonso had the same with Hamilton at McLaren and threw his toys out of the pram there in a manner that Vettel simply isn't doing. I can't imagine a worse move for Ferrari to bring back Alonso. Can this idea just die please.

Regarding the team management, they likely couldn't have stopped the accident from happening, it was small margins and whilst I personally think Vettel was to blame, neither driver really helped the situation.
Felipe Baby!

GPR-A

Some of these driver problems couldn't have happened at a more appropriate time than now for Ferrari! The season is almost over and there is nothing really at stake that would be affected by the warring drivers. It's an opportunity for Binotto to have a closed door meeting with his drivers and address the rules of engagement for the next year and the implications of another "coming together" in the next season. They now know they have two Alphas in the team and need to bring in acceptable on track behavior agreement between the two. So, in the that sense, this is the right time to witness problems and address it to be better prepared for next season.

Scorpaguy

Nothing really to fight for at this stage of the season. If I were Bino, I would simply have stated, "Good fight boys, but keep these types of elbows out for other drivers in the future. Next year we fight for both titles."

Nothing was really lost...and each driver knowing the other gives no quarter is a good thing. I think Bino and Big Red want fighters.

LM10

Any comparing acceleration curves of Q3? Would love to see one.

Sevach

GPR -A wrote:
18 Nov 2019, 17:40
Some of these driver problems couldn't have happened at a more appropriate time than now for Ferrari! The season is almost over and there is nothing really at stake that would be affected by the warring drivers. It's an opportunity for Binotto to have a closed door meeting with his drivers and address the rules of engagement for the next year and the implications of another "coming together" in the next season. They now know they have two Alphas in the team and need to bring in acceptable on track behavior agreement between the two. So, in the that sense, this is the right time to witness problems and address it to be better prepared for next season.
They probably need some very strict directions (other than if they have a dominant car)going forward.
For example in the situation we had sunday, telling the driver behind to sit and wait for a bit.

selvam_e2002

SiLo wrote:
18 Nov 2019, 15:27
Alonso had the same with Hamilton at McLaren and threw his toys out of the pram there in a manner that Vettel simply isn't doing. I can't imagine a worse move for Ferrari to bring back Alonso. Can this idea just die please.

Regarding the team management, they likely couldn't have stopped the accident from happening, it was small margins and whilst I personally think Vettel was to blame, neither driver really helped the situation.
but they never screwed each other in the race like Vettel and Lec. they keep distance while racing and the situation is different in ferrari. in 2007 they both contender for WCC but still they did not clashed on each other like Vettel Vs Lec and Ham Vs Ros.

You cannot trust Lec because he is also not good at pressure situation.

If ferrari keep this driver line up for or bring any wing man for lec in 2021 they have to forgot about WDC and WCC till 2025 the next rule change.

It is a truth.

selvam_e2002

Sevach wrote:
18 Nov 2019, 22:33
GPR -A wrote:
18 Nov 2019, 17:40
They probably need some very strict directions (other than if they have a dominant car)going forward.
For example in the situation we had sunday, telling the driver behind to sit and wait for a bit.
I think Lec want to prove he is number one and Vettel want to prove he is number 1 in the team. It is happening on the track because they want to prove eachother.

From all the past incident, Vettel is clearly depicting that "I am Number One" and I will not compromise my stituation at ferrari.

How may closed door meeting can Ferrari arrange? It is not useful at all. They will agree in meeting but in track they will go on each other.

Ferrari should not bring Lec this year, kept Kimi with Vettel's wing man if they done it may be they dragged the championship till last race.

They have to remove either Vettel or Lecrec from Ferrari to improve the situation. Else, Vettel will screw everything in Ferrari and it also affect Lecrec.

Fulcrum

Ferrari won't be able to afford this sort of incident if they're actually in a fight for the World Championships. Look at the fallout at Mercedes after the accident in Barcelona 2016, and that was within a team that had a dominant advantage (i.e. not materially affected by a self-inflicted double retirement), was better managed, and less political, than Ferrari.

Realistically though, this was Vettel making a very clumsy attempt to re-assert authority over a driver who, I believe, will comfortably have his number going forward. He's fighting the tide, and his desperation only exposes his weaknesses as a driver; mostly poor spacial awareness in wheel-to-wheel racing, with a side order of hotheadedness.

Jambier

I don't see Ferrari being stupid enough to hire Vettel again for 2021 and future.

So I'm wondering who will be there alongside LEC for this future ?
We know RIC is free for 2021 for now, I think this is the best possible driver they can have along LEC

Vettel is done, he is the past.
HAM has no interest in Ferrari and he is the past as well.

And a VER / LEC duo should be a nightmare for them :mrgreen:

loner

RIC would be stupid to go to ferrari since its CL the future star so he will probably be wing man something he disliked at RBR.
Hulk can give some years as CL wing man.
para bellum.

Jambier

loner wrote:
19 Nov 2019, 11:21
RIC would be stupid to go to ferrari since its CL the future star so he will probably be wing man something he disliked at RBR.
Hulk can give some years as CL wing man.
It depends if Binotto wants to have 2 top driver or not, but yeah I have no confidence in Binotto mangement, this year it was very very bad with drivers management :|