2019 Aston Martin Red Bull Racing - Honda F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Marti_EF3

Re: 2019 Aston Martin Red Bull Racing - Honda F1 Team

LM10 wrote:
18 Nov 2019, 01:55
Marti_EF3 wrote:
18 Nov 2019, 01:40
Sieper wrote:
18 Nov 2019, 00:48
Yes, but for that the whole RBR package needs just a tad more. They still drive with a much shallower rearwing. (Ok rake partially negates that) Now they need an almost perfect race. You can,t have that year round.

Especially If Mercedes keeps using the B team shenanigans. Last year Ocon and now Williams, WTF.
Yeah, I said the same when I saw it. Williams did that unsafe relase intentionally to help Mercedes. They don't lose anything to stay 2s more on the pit to let pass the leader. But they decided to be dirty and help their partners blocking Max. That's unacceptable. They need to recieve a fine, not an irrelevant 5s penalty...
Good luck proving they have done it intentionally.
I can't prove it. But suspicious enough to think it.
Teletha Testarossa wrote:
18 Nov 2019, 06:57
Marti_EF3 wrote:
Sieper wrote:
Yes, but for that the whole RBR package needs just a tad more. They still drive with a much shallower rearwing. (Ok rake partially negates that) Now they need an almost perfect race. You can,t have that year round.

Especially If Mercedes keeps using the B team shenanigans. Last year Ocon and now Williams, WTF.
Yeah, I said the same when I saw it. Williams did that unsafe relase intentionally to help Mercedes. They don't lose anything to stay 2s more on the pit to let pass the leader. But they decided to be dirty and help their partners blocking Max. That's unacceptable. They need to recieve a fine, not an irrelevant 5s penalty...
LOL Williams are so incompetent they are lucky if they can fit all wheels on correctly. That wasn't on purpose.
"Never ascribe to malice that which is adequately explained by incompetence"
LOL, they are 2nd best team at pit stops, so no, you're wrong here

Bill

Max performance these season has been sensational at one point he was 10 points behind Bottas, if incidents didn't happen
at these particular tracks Silverstone. ,spa , Monza,japan,Mexico,& USA damaged floor he could be ahead of Bottas

etusch

Bill wrote:
18 Nov 2019, 09:08
Max performance these season has been sensational at one point he was 10 points behind Bottas, if incidents didn't happen
at these particular tracks Silverstone. ,spa , Monza,japan,Mexico,& USA damaged floor he could be ahead of Bottas
Yes especially second half of season there were setbacks. But I think most damaging problem was aero issues they found solution during season. I hope they will start 2020 season with full grasp about car and best engine as a whole package.

fellowhoodlums

Let's not get too carried away. Max deserved his victory, shame about Albon but ultimately his potential second was helped by the Ferrari incident and Bottas failure.

Also, the Honda's have always been good at the high altitute circuit. Reading in the engine forum that's because they have a larger Turbo - i'm not technical but it's certainly true about always good at high altitute over last few years.

2020 will be very very interesting and yes, Red Bull are in amongst it and not just picking up the odd podium.

Teletha Testarossa

Marti_EF3 wrote:
18 Nov 2019, 08:34
LM10 wrote:
Marti_EF3 wrote:

Marti_EF3 wrote:

LOL Williams are so incompetent they are lucky if they can fit all wheels on correctly. That wasn't on purpose.
I didn't say anything about speed?
Weren't they the only team who managed to put 2 types of tyres on their car and got penalized?

Capharol

18 Nov 2019, 14:41
Marti_EF3 wrote:
LM10 wrote:

Weren't they the only team who managed to put 2 types of tyres on their car and got penalized?
we get it, you are not a fan of Williams, but no need to get off track on the subject which is "2019 Aston Martin Red Bull Racing - Honda F1 Team"

Capharol

Red Bull set another pitstop record with 1,82" (-0,06).

Teletha Testarossa

Capharol wrote:
18 Nov 2019, 14:47
Marti_EF3 wrote:

we get it, you are not a fan of Williams, but no need to get off track on the subject which is "2019 Aston Martin Red Bull Racing - Honda F1 Team"
I'm just saying the idea that Williams did that to Max on purpose is idiotic at best.

diffuser

Sieper wrote:

I don't understand why you think that having a shallower wing is a bad thing?

With regards to rake, your link of rear wing depth to rake is backwards. Rake allows to run a deeper wing, it creates less drag as the rake disappears at higher speed. The fact that they run less rear wing just means they are generating DF somewhere else cause you can't go around corners as fast as they do without it.

With regards to your B Team comments, stop looking for conspiracy theories.

loner

RBR outsmarted the Mercs this race that LH said i'll be sitting duck so all in all a great strategy and great drive from Max and nope LH wasn't driving for fun he need to increase his records while he is getting older now and rivals are closing on Mercs.. i felt Albon was off the pace but his fight with the Ferrari and with LH will gain him more experience and develop his style to produce more pace i think he will be faster in 2020.
para bellum.

Marti_EF3

18 Nov 2019, 15:32
Capharol wrote:
18 Nov 2019, 14:47

I'm just saying the idea that Williams did that to Max on purpose is idiotic at best.
( Edit by Aral. Personal comment removed. Please keep it civil )

Anyway, we just need to see if this performance is at Abu Dhabi too. With no altitude and other factors. If they are competitive there, we may have an exciting 2020 with Honda finally catch up =D>

godlameroso

RBR will be as competitive in Abu Dhabi as they have been in recent races. If we look at the circuit characteristics it is mostly slow to mid speed corners in sector 3, Mercedes will likely be untouchable in race pace, but it will be close in qualifying. If you start ahead of the Mercedes you have a better chance of holding it off than if you let it get in clean air.

Being a night race, I think Ferrari will be competitive as they don't have to deal with the sun making track temperatures inconsistent.
Saishū kōnā

Bill

Abu Dhabi is not a nightrace its start off during the day using natural light then end off at dawn using artificial lighting

Marti_EF3

Any plans of using Albon's car to fit a Spec 5 or 4.x to test it before the race?? It could be useful, and Albon isn't fighting for anything. And anyway he should be able to reach 6th at least

etusch