2019 FIM MotoGP World Championship.

Please discuss here all your remarks and pose your questions about all racing series, except Formula One. Both technical and other questions about GP2, Touring cars, IRL, LMS, ...
etusch

Re: 2019 FIM MotoGP World Championship.

It is strange. Maybe they did it for keeping Mm at Honda more than talent of second marquez

etusch

rscsr

etusch wrote:
18 Nov 2019, 23:19
It is strange. Maybe they did it for keeping Mm at Honda more than talent of second marquez
I guess that they are scared of the time after MM. No one of their other riders can get anywhere close to MM. Cal Crutchlow, as the next best Honda rider is only 9th in the standings. So they might as well take a gamble on an "unknown" quantity and sign a top rider if MM leaves or AM isn't performing too well.
And I guess that MM is going to help AM more than any other rider if there is something special MM does that he can teach someone.
So I would say it is a worthwhile gamble.

AMG.Tzan

https://twitter.com/MotoGP/status/11967 ... 72354?s=20

Nice...idiots at Honda! =D>

Still can't understand why not get Zarco on a 1 year deal...see what he can do!
"The only rule is there are no rules" - Aristotle Onassis

NathanOlder

AMG.Tzan wrote:
19 Nov 2019, 12:33

Couldn't agree more.
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

GPR-A

AMG.Tzan wrote:

What's wrong in a crash while testing the bike? 6 time World Champion (premier class) keeps crashing on the bike, 3 time World Champion kept crashing on that bike, the LCR team riders keep crashing. If he doesn't push and understand where the limits are, how is he expected to perform at the optimum.

I understand a lot of people wanted to See Zarco on that bike, but would the reaction be the same if he would have crashed, which he certainly would have.

Andres125sx

AMG.Tzan wrote:

Are you suggesting a crash on first test of a new bike is an evidence of a wrong decision? Please, keep fanatism aside :roll:

Zarco looks like a good driver, but I see no reason to suggest he´s any better than current Moto2 champion.

Also, HRC has best driver on the grid by far, they´re not after signing another champion, they need a driver who can collect points constantly, not cause problems, and if situation will require it, accept he´s a #2.

Not sure about your reasoing process, but in my mind Marc´s brother is best option to acomplish all this by a huge margin, much much better than any other rider who will try to fight Marc and prove he´s better than him constantly

AMG.Tzan

GPR -A wrote:
22 Nov 2019, 07:34
AMG.Tzan wrote:

What's wrong in a crash while testing the bike? 6 time World Champion (premier class) keeps crashing on the bike, 3 time World Champion kept crashing on that bike, the LCR team riders keep crashing. If he doesn't push and understand where the limits are, how is he expected to perform at the optimum.

I understand a lot of people wanted to See Zarco on that bike, but would the reaction be the same if he would have crashed, which he certainly would have.
Andres125sx wrote:
25 Nov 2019, 12:21
AMG.Tzan wrote:

Are you suggesting a crash on first test of a new bike is an evidence of a wrong decision? Please, keep fanatism aside :roll:

Zarco looks like a good driver, but I see no reason to suggest he´s any better than current Moto2 champion.

Also, HRC has best driver on the grid by far, they´re not after signing another champion, they need a driver who can collect points constantly, not cause problems, and if situation will require it, accept he´s a #2.

Not sure about your reasoing process, but in my mind Marc´s brother is best option to acomplish all this by a huge margin, much much better than any other rider who will try to fight Marc and prove he´s better than him constantly
No i am not suggesting that! It was just a humorous dig at HRC and Alex about the crash there...i know he is pushing and trying to learn the bike!

I am a Marc Marquez fan so if i am going to be fanatic about someone it's going to be for him!

My point about Zarco is...since Alex already had a contract with MarcVDS and he himself said in 2019 that he isn't ready to step up to MotoGP, how is he now ready to step up to the champions HRC team?? And since Zarco is out there without a contract why not sign him on a 1-year deal?

Except for that, Zarco in the Honda with Marquez would have been great for the sport...and of course you could say look what happened with Lorenzo and Marquez in the same team (nothing at all)!! Just like Alonso in the 2nd Red Bull seat after the Gasly demotion would have been great for F1!

To sum it all up...i don't have anything against Alex Marquez! I just think that Zarco would have been a better option both for HRC and MotoGP! But for sure Honda knows a lot more than me... :wink:
"The only rule is there are no rules" - Aristotle Onassis

etusch

:lol:

strad

Does make sense doesn't it? Sometimes you want someone with talent but not inclined to cause trouble with ego battles. :wink:
To achieve anything, you must be prepared to dabble on the boundary of disaster.”
Sir Stirling Moss

Nonserviam85

Marquez family tables will be very awkward this year, especially if Marc thrashes Alex...

digitalrurouni

Nonserviam85 wrote:
27 Nov 2019, 14:02
Marquez family tables will be very awkward this year, especially if Marc thrashes Alex...
It's to be expected that Marc will thrash Alex. It would be more embarrassing at the dinner table if Alex finishes last of all the Honda riders.

Andres125sx

digitalrurouni wrote:
27 Nov 2019, 18:22
Nonserviam85 wrote:
It's to be expected that Marc will thrash Alex. It would be more embarrassing at the dinner table if Alex finishes last of all the Honda riders.
It would be more embarrasing if Marc or Alex poo in the middle of the track :wtf:

Hey if we´re talking about hypothetic absurd scenarios I like this one better :mrgreen: :lol:

digitalrurouni

Andres125sx wrote:
27 Nov 2019, 20:41
digitalrurouni wrote:
Nonserviam85 wrote:
It would be more embarrasing if Marc or Alex poo in the middle of the track :wtf:

Hey if we´re talking about hypothetic absurd scenarios I like this one better :mrgreen: :lol:
Sounds like someone has high hopes for Alex Marquez. Time will tell. Wait just to clarify are you saying that Alex will be faster than Marc or just that he will be riding better than Cal and Nakajima?

Andres125sx

digitalrurouni wrote:
28 Nov 2019, 15:37
Andres125sx wrote:
27 Nov 2019, 20:41
digitalrurouni wrote:

Sounds like someone has high hopes for Alex Marquez. Time will tell. Wait just to clarify are you saying that Alex will be faster than Marc or just that he will be riding better than Cal and Nakajima?
Actually not, I don´t have any special hope about Alex. But considering current Moto2 champion with current MotoGP team and manufacturer champions will be slower than any other Honda rider is a bit absurd if you ask me