2019 Aston Martin Red Bull Racing - Honda F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
diffuser

Re: 2019 Aston Martin Red Bull Racing - Honda F1 Team

godlameroso wrote:
19 Nov 2019, 17:30
Hamilton and Verstappen collision in Mexico was a racing incident. As was his clash with Leclerc in Suzuka, and the broken suspension in Spa. He also got robbed of a podium in Silverstone.

So Silverstone, Spa, Suzuka, and Mexico were all races he could have finished on the podium. Oh well next year he'll get his 5 wins.

Spain Monaco Silverstone Suzuka and COTA next year, it'll be so close that the other drivers will take points away from each other and those wins will be enough for the title.
A racing incident he could have avoided by not trying to pass him there. At the end of the day every failed passing attempt (especially if you receive damage) is a fail.

it wasn't like Hamilton was trying to pass someone else, lost control and took out Max.

oh and part 3 was the pass on Bottas where he made contact with Bottas's front wing and got a puncture.

diffuser

McMika98 wrote:
19 Nov 2019, 21:45
Next year Redbull chassis needs to step up, Merc is better on tyres this year and faster on race pace. Exceptions were high altitude circuits where Honda was much better.
As for Max, there is a reason why Danny Ricc cashed out early for midfield mediocrity. His only competition is Lewis and Leclrec, next year Albon should give him a run for the money.

yeah it was to double his salary. @ RBR he was limited to Half of what he's getting because they weren't gonna pay him more than Max.

Juzh

Capharol wrote:
19 Nov 2019, 19:00
Juzh wrote:
19 Nov 2019, 18:46
anyone did calculations on max's points score without any incidents beyond his control?
in what way ... over the complete season?
i haven't.... yet, because i need to dig into previous years aswell
I meant this year only. How much closer would he be to bottas with a "perfect" season?

Wass85

Crazy stat; Since Canada last year:

Verstappen: 5 wins, 18 podiums

Red Bull's 2nd car (Ricciardo, Gasly, Albon): 0 podiums

Just goes to show what an amazing job Max is doing.

diffuser

Wass85 wrote:
19 Nov 2019, 22:58

so why is that a crazy stat ?

The top 3 teams have a large margin over the midfield, RBR is 1 of the top 3 cars. Reality is, there are 6 cars vying for 3 podium positions. Right from the get go the average driver with an average car would make 50% of those. By average driver I mean the average of the top 6, which is above average. You took all the race that Ricciardo did well in out of the mix and then we have a first year driver next to him. We're down to 5 drivers vying for 3 podium spots. Those are very good odds. In that light, how good are those numbers?

Don't get me wrong he's a very good driver. Deserving to be in a top 3 team. Lets not just be fanboyz.

McMika98

Wass85 wrote:

Ok plz calm down. Stats can be twisted to ones favour. Danny Ricc was challenging Max for most races last year, he had terrible luck towards the latter stages. Max was being outscored by Albon and would have still been behind had Hamilton not taken out Albon. But yeah he is driving at the top level.

Capharol

Juzh wrote:
19 Nov 2019, 22:54
Capharol wrote:
Juzh wrote:
19 Nov 2019, 18:46
anyone did calculations on max's points score without any incidents beyond his control?
I meant this year only. How much closer would he be to bottas with a "perfect" season?
my guess he would be in front of bottas but only by a little margin

diffuser

Capharol wrote:
19 Nov 2019, 23:58
Juzh wrote:
19 Nov 2019, 22:54
Capharol wrote:

my guess he would be in front of bottas but only by a little margin
5 Drivers for 3 podium positions. Pretty good odds to get on the podium if you ask me.

godlameroso

2 of those cars have an above average chance. If you factor in the performance difference, the fact the W10 is still slightly faster than the RB15. It really is impressive what Verstappen is doing.

The next race will validate a lot of my suspicions.
Saishū kōnā

Just_a_fan

Wass85 wrote:

In 2018, Ric got more poles than Max (2:0), had more fastest laps (4:2) and as many wins (2:2). Before Canada, Ric had 2 wins, a pole and 3 fastest laps. After Canada, Ric had a 50% retirement rate, including one from pole. Ric had to endure 8 retirements to Max's 3 over the season.

So suddenly it looks a bit different.
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

LM10

Just_a_fan wrote:
20 Nov 2019, 01:44
Wass85 wrote:

In 2018, Ric got more poles than Max (2:0), had more fastest laps (4:2) and as many wins (2:2). Before Canada, Ric had 2 wins, a pole and 3 fastest laps. After Canada, Ric had a 50% retirement rate, including one from pole. Ric had to endure 8 retirements to Max's 3 over the season.

So suddenly it looks a bit different.
Amazing how stats look when they're stretched into one direction.

diffuser

godlameroso wrote:
20 Nov 2019, 01:04
2 of those cars have an above average chance. If you factor in the performance difference, the fact the W10 is still slightly faster than the RB15. It really is impressive what Verstappen is doing.

The next race will validate a lot of my suspicions.
How so ?

Bill

Ever since RbrHonda brought small upgrades in japan aero and fuel is not clear if Mercedes is
faster than Redbull.japan and USA Max sustained car damages , Austin is also bumpy which doesn't work well on Rbr chassis.Mexico and Brazil Redbull was the clear quicker car.

The is no reason why Max can't win Abu Dhabi .fuel flow rule clarifications poor tire management,"draggy "cars I know how these gonna end

Wass85

Oh come on, Verstappen outperformed Ricciardo in every metric last season. He was only getting better, Dan knew this and made a rash decision to leave the team because of the young superstar.

Like I said, to out qualify both teammates with ease barring Suzuka is massively impressive.

Bill

Last year when the car was the quickest and race victory was highly probable it was Riccardo who put it on pole.knowing that he was gonna leave Redbull perhaps motivation heart was no longer in it.