Racing games

Post anything that doesn't belong in any other forum, including gaming and topics unrelated to motorsport. Site specific discussions should go in the site feedback forum.
NormalGent

Re: Racing games

I still play Need for speed 3: Hot pursuit. It's old of course, and brings back memories, but IMHO the locations are developed very well for its time. Easy going :)

MadMatt

I remember 10 years ago playing "GP Manager Pro" an online F1 manager game that was really good. But it died years ago. Anybody played it? I wish it was still around. :(

NathanOlder

MadMatt wrote:
13 Sep 2019, 13:54
I remember 10 years ago playing "GP Manager Pro" an online F1 manager game that was really good. But it died years ago. Anybody played it? I wish it was still around. :(
Not played it, but loved playing the old Grand Prix manager, and Grand Prix Manager 2. Hearing Stirling Moss do the commentary was great, and they were by far the best F1 manager games of all time. I still own a copy of both, but current computers dont run them, or run them easily :cry:
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

NathanOlder

Season 1 is coming to an end in the RapidPixelRacing League. Season 2 will be starting in early January.

Visit the website and sign up if you love racing , PS4, F1 2019.

link in my signature.
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

Wass85

I'm very decent on GT Sport, well I was until I went back on PC2. After gaming back on that for a number of weeks I had a go back on GT Sport, my qualifying pace was very decent after a handful of laps but during the race I went through my tyres like a knife through butter.

bauc

Has any one tried Dirt Rally 2.0?
Формула 1 на Македонски - The first ever Macedonian Formula 1 YouTube channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJkjCv ... 6rVRgKASwg

NathanOlder

Wass85 wrote:
21 Nov 2019, 12:38
I'm very decent on GT Sport, well I was until I went back on PC2. After gaming back on that for a number of weeks I had a go back on GT Sport, my qualifying pace was very decent after a handful of laps but during the race I went through my tyres like a knife through butter.
You should get on F1 2019, we have a good bunch , a good league with all abilities. Is good fun on a monday night.
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

Wass85

NathanOlder wrote:
21 Nov 2019, 13:32
Wass85 wrote:
21 Nov 2019, 12:38
You should get on F1 2019, we have a good bunch , a good league with all abilities. Is good fun on a monday night.
I've only got a PS4 and my trusted controller though, I'm above average with that combination mind.

Wass85

I gave up on PC2 for a few years as it was unplayable for me on the controller, I was gutted as I loved pc1 and was really good on it.

Just out of the blue I fired it back up again to see how it was, after the update and altering a few settings I was immediately comfortable like I was in PC1.

El Scorchio

NathanOlder wrote:
16 Sep 2019, 19:08
MadMatt wrote:
Not played it, but loved playing the old Grand Prix manager, and Grand Prix Manager 2. Hearing Stirling Moss do the commentary was great, and they were by far the best F1 manager games of all time. I still own a copy of both, but current computers dont run them, or run them easily :cry:
Are these the ones where Villeneuve didn't grant his likeness to be used in the game, so it just said 'driver one' or something and showed a picture of a random racing driver silhouette instead? In my first and only case of ever modding anything, I managed to change it so the commentary would say the 'Villeneuve' soundbyte which was in the code of the game, and also display a picture of him.

Didn't it also have a bug where if you actually watched the races in full, one or both of your cars would always break down on the final stint, and you'd never finish a race? I think you had to just skip the last part just to ensure you made it to the end.

NathanOlder

El Scorchio wrote:
21 Nov 2019, 14:04
NathanOlder wrote:
MadMatt wrote:
Are these the ones where Villeneuve didn't grant his likeness to be used in the game, so it just said 'driver one' or something and showed a picture of a random racing driver silhouette instead? In my first and only case of ever modding anything, I managed to change it so the commentary would say the 'Villeneuve' soundbyte which was in the code of the game, and also display a picture of him.

Didn't it also have a bug where if you actually watched the races in full, one or both of your cars would always break down on the final stint, and you'd never finish a race? I think you had to just skip the last part just to ensure you made it to the end.
Yeah I remember that in Grand Prix manager 2, damn you Jacques! Grand Prix Manager was fine, being based on the 95 season. But this also reminds me of one of my favorites as a child, F1 world grand prix on the N64. The lead Williams driver was called D.Williams
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

Alonso Fan

bauc wrote:
21 Nov 2019, 12:43
Yes have played it quite a lot with my g25. Also had the original and it's quite similar to that but with better lighting and generally overall better feel. The only thing I dislike is that it doesn't have as much new content. A lot of the stages are the same ones from the original.

If you can get it at half price or 30% off, then I'd go for it
SHR Modding
Youtube
Twitter
Discord

Sound Developer for Reiza Studios
Sound Modder for Assetto Corsa

El Scorchio

NathanOlder wrote:
21 Nov 2019, 14:16
El Scorchio wrote:
21 Nov 2019, 14:04
NathanOlder wrote:

Yeah I remember that in Grand Prix manager 2, damn you Jacques! Grand Prix Manager was fine, being based on the 95 season. But this also reminds me of one of my favorites as a child, F1 world grand prix on the N64. The lead Williams driver was called D.Williams
That game was great! And although it looks prehistoric now, I thought it looked so realistic at the time... Although funny how they couldn't manage to draw curves in the track so it was all straight lines and angles.

bauc

Alonso Fan wrote:
21 Nov 2019, 14:57
bauc wrote:
21 Nov 2019, 12:43
Yes have played it quite a lot with my g25. Also had the original and it's quite similar to that but with better lighting and generally overall better feel. The only thing I dislike is that it doesn't have as much new content. A lot of the stages are the same ones from the original.

If you can get it at half price or 30% off, then I'd go for it
Thanks, I'm planing on buying next Friday (Black), there should be some discounts
Формула 1 на Македонски - The first ever Macedonian Formula 1 YouTube channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJkjCv ... 6rVRgKASwg

Wass85

So is F1 2019 a big improvement on previous versions, have they sorted out the multiplayer yet?