2019 Aston Martin Red Bull Racing - Honda F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
LM10

Re: 2019 Aston Martin Red Bull Racing - Honda F1 Team

HPD wrote:
21 Nov 2019, 15:39
I think it's true. So that the image of Ferrari does not look so bad, they choose another team.
It seems fair, but they won't find anything wrong with the Honda.
And you’re sure about that because..?

diffuser

ispano6 wrote:
21 Nov 2019, 17:27
Albon and Verstappen for 2020 is going to be epic. It was important to identify the strongest driver to pair Max as Red Bull had already based their team around him years ago. We now know Alex Albon is that man. Having a driver of Asian heritage in a top team is pretty rare and special, especially given he earned his spot. I wouldn't have it any other way. Besides, we wouldn't want a driver who would leave Red Bull simply because he was afraid of their engines... Big mistake.
Do you know what epic means ? If you had a Max driving both RBRs in 2020, you'd have a chance at EPIC. Hamilton/Rosberg, Hamilton/Alonso were epic .... I think there is alot of space between Max/Albon and Epic. They could be epic just not next year. I still see alot of green around Albon.

Big Tea

diffuser wrote:
21 Nov 2019, 19:23
ispano6 wrote:
Albon and Verstappen for 2020 is going to be epic. It was important to identify the strongest driver to pair Max as Red Bull had already based their team around him years ago. We now know Alex Albon is that man. Having a driver of Asian heritage in a top team is pretty rare and special, especially given he earned his spot. I wouldn't have it any other way. Besides, we wouldn't want a driver who would leave Red Bull simply because he was afraid of their engines... Big mistake.
Do you know what epic means ? If you had a Max driving both RBRs in 2020, you'd have a chance at EPIC. Hamilton/Rosberg, Hamilton/Alonso were epic .... I think there is alot of space between Max/Albon and Epic. They could be epic just not next year. I still see alot of green around Albon.
And I suspect Albon is left in no doubt of the pecking order and who has to give way, and think it will carry over to next year
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

Ground Effect

For now, all Albon needs is to be close enough to be part of the “strategy” to team up against the opposition. He needs to be able to, for example force Mercedes, Ferrari to defend an undercut of their second placed car to protect Max or give him some flexibility. Max is exceptional, I don’t know if Albon can compete and go toe to toe with him next season, maybe in the future. But he won’t get embarrassed either.
Q: (Stefano Mancini – La Stampa) Kimi, will you help Vettel to win his championship this year?
Kimi Raikkonen: I can only drive one car, obviously. 
@2018 Singapore Grand Prix drivers press conference.

Wass85

Ground Effect wrote:
21 Nov 2019, 20:07
For now, all Albon needs is to be close enough to be part of the “strategy” to team up against the opposition. He needs to be able to, for example force Mercedes, Ferrari to defend an undercut of their second placed car to protect Max or give him some flexibility. Max is exceptional, I don’t know if Albon can compete and go toe to toe with him next season, maybe in the future. But he won’t get embarrassed either.

There's very few on the grid that could go toe to toe with Max and tbh I don't think that's why they've brought in Albon. As you say he just needs to be fast enough and feisty enough to cause rival teams a headache. So far he's been fiesty enough, let's see if next year he can get a little faster.

Wouter

FIA ramps up efforts to prevent fuel-flow rules breach.

Formula 1 teams will be required to run a second fuel-flow sensor next season as the FIA escalates its efforts to prevent the rules being exploited for performance gains.

The governing body investigated a trio of fuel systems after the Brazilian Grand Prix, one believed to be from a Ferrari, another from a Ferrari customer team and a third from a non-Ferrari powered car.

On Wednesday, the FIA issued its latest technical directive – a third in four weeks – instructing teams they will be required to add a second FIA-controlled sensor in 2020.

Though it is not known if this was an explicit response to the checks the FIA conducted after the race at Interlagos, the new sensor will further strengthen the FIA's ability to police engine rules next year.

The command for an additional sensor next year completes a trio of recent technical directives from the FIA that have related to the potential exploitation of the rules for performance gains, and been issued amid major scrutiny over Ferrari's engine.
The first of those directives, issued ahead of the United States Grand Prix, related specifically to the fuel-flow rules.

Red Bull had contacted the FIA to raise three specific scenarios relating to the exploitation of fuel-flow restrictions by briefly exceeding the 100kg/h limit between the FIA's measuring points.

The FIA then told all teams that these efforts to subvert the regulations would be in breach of the rules.

Both Red Bull and Mercedes added any team who had been carrying out the processes would have been outright cheating, not just exploiting a grey area.
https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/fuel ... 0/4601058/
The Power of Dreams!

Sieper

Wass85 wrote:
21 Nov 2019, 20:15
Ground Effect wrote:
21 Nov 2019, 20:07

There's very few on the grid that could go toe to toe with Max and tbh I don't think that's why they've brought in Albon. As you say he just needs to be fast enough and feisty enough to cause rival teams a headache. So far he's been fiesty enough, let's see if next year he can get a little faster.
He can, he is much more capable than Bottas, I have already seen moves by Albon in the few races in a RedBull I have never seen by Bottas. And Bottas is certainly quick enough. Albon can grow to be as quick, he certainly has the racecraft and talent.

izzy

Wouter wrote:
21 Nov 2019, 21:11
FIA ramps up efforts to prevent fuel-flow rules breach.

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/fuel ... 0/4601058/
perfect solution, a second fuel flow sensor! I think it's fair to infer that FIA at least found that the first sensor can be fiddled

etusch

A pipe made from sensors

Juzh

etusch wrote:
21 Nov 2019, 23:02
A pipe made from sensors
:lol: :lol: :lol: good one

ispano6

diffuser wrote:
ispano6 wrote:
Albon has impressed especially at tracks he's racing at for the first time. He matched Max's Suzuka qualifying time in his first year in F1. He might be green in the way Leclerc was prior to Austria and doesn't project a "don't f*ck with me" attitude like Leclerc does now but Alex is sublime in a way like Ricciardo was at Red Bull. What happened at Brazil is a learning experience he'll take to heart and I'm sure will be a catalyst toward self improvement. His composure afterwards to see the positives of Toro Rosso's 2nd place finish was refreshing.

Bill

Guys you trying so hard to Albon to sell as something special but really he is not he threw away an easy podium position in Brazil.he left the door open for Hamilton to exploit whose he realized his mistakes he tried to shut it and an inevitable collision happened.he didn't match Max in qualifying in Suzuka Max had issues with the car since then he had never really reproduce those results at other tracks average 0.5 slower .

The same can be said about Redbull they talk about how articulate he is and how his input has been useful to engineers contrast to Gasly when he wanted the team to take note of his car development insight he was ridiculed for wanting Newey to build a car for him.so he was told just use Max setup.

The reason why Redbull tolerate Albon is probably is that he is laid back he doesn't ruffle furthers like now we can fight Gasly.they just want a submissive no 2

aran.vtec

Bill wrote:
22 Nov 2019, 09:06
Guys you trying so hard to Albon to sell as something special but really he is not he threw away an easy podium position in Brazil.he left the door open for Hamilton to exploit whose he realized his mistakes he tried to shut it and an inevitable collision happened.he didn't match Max in qualifying in Suzuka Max had issues with the car since then he had never really reproduce those results at other tracks average 0.5 slower .

The same can be said about Redbull they talk about how articulate he is and how his input has been useful to engineers contrast to Gasly when he wanted the team to take note of his car development insight he was ridiculed for wanting Newey to build a car for him.so he was told just use Max setup.

The reason why Redbull tolerate Albon is probably is that he is laid back he doesn't ruffle furthers like now we can fight Gasly.they just want a submissive no 2
Although everything you have said is true,You have to factor in the fact that he is in his rookie season and on top of that a mid season team switch plus being put next to max where a car was engineered for him essentially

diffuser

ispano6 wrote:
22 Nov 2019, 04:46
diffuser wrote:
ispano6 wrote:
Albon has impressed especially at tracks he's racing at for the first time. He matched Max's Suzuka qualifying time in his first year in F1. He might be green in the way Leclerc was prior to Austria and doesn't project a "don't f*ck with me" attitude like Leclerc does now but Alex is sublime in a way like Ricciardo was at Red Bull. What happened at Brazil is a learning experience he'll take to heart and I'm sure will be a catalyst toward self improvement. His composure afterwards to see the positives of Toro Rosso's 2nd place finish was refreshing.
That is not Epic. It's good, maybe even very good.

Sieper

Bill wrote:
22 Nov 2019, 09:06

In Japan Max was in a too low power mode during qualy. In fact an even lower power mode was used than during FP2. This apparently was not a necessity but a set-up mistake. I have heard Max explain that in an Ziggo NL interview and I think it was also confirmed by RBR around that time.