Racing games

Post anything that doesn't belong in any other forum, including gaming and topics unrelated to motorsport. Site specific discussions should go in the site feedback forum.
Phil

Re: Racing games

NathanOlder wrote:
28 Aug 2019, 14:22
So after various updates, F1 2019 is now looking, and feeling pretty good for the price it costs to play.

And our F1 racing league https://rapidpixelracing.com/ is really starting to grow, we have some very fast guys in there now. We are always looking for more so if you have F1 on the PS4, come over and join some serious racing.

We are looking to grow the league and then run different divisions to suit different drivers.

http://pasteall.org/pic/show.php?id=e17 ... e89de274d6
Hey Nathan, how’s the framerate on the Ps4? I’ve got a standard one (not a pro), but i’m a bit of a framerate nerd... been hesitant to pick this up for this reason.
Not for nothing, Rosberg's Championship is the only thing that lends credibility to Hamilton's recent success. Otherwise, he'd just be the guy who's had the best car. — bhall II
#Team44 supporter

NathanOlder

Phil wrote:
21 Nov 2019, 20:43
NathanOlder wrote:
28 Aug 2019, 14:22
So after various updates, F1 2019 is now looking, and feeling pretty good for the price it costs to play.

And our F1 racing league https://rapidpixelracing.com/ is really starting to grow, we have some very fast guys in there now. We are always looking for more so if you have F1 on the PS4, come over and join some serious racing.

We are looking to grow the league and then run different divisions to suit different drivers.

http://pasteall.org/pic/show.php?id=e17 ... e89de274d6
Hey Nathan, how’s the framerate on the Ps4? I’ve got a standard one (not a pro), but i’m a bit of a framerate nerd... been hesitant to pick this up for this reason.
I have the pro, and it says it runs at 60 fps on that. Not sure on the older ps4, so can't really help you with that Phil.
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

NathanOlder

Wass85 wrote:
21 Nov 2019, 16:46
So is F1 2019 a big improvement on previous versions, have they sorted out the multiplayer yet?
What needed sorting in your opinion? Then I can answer your question
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

Xwang

Is F1 2019 a realistic simulation or an arcade one?

RZS10

Simcade at best.

NathanOlder

Well its used as an official game for the eSports championship, so it can't be too bad. It's definitely the best F1 game to date.

I find with all racing games I've ever played, that people will complain that they are not accurate sims and cars don't drive like that ect ect are normally the guys that struggle for pace. Its an easy excuse.

And what makes me laugh is (as an example) playing F1 2019 in a Ferrari, "The car is crap, it handles all wrong ect ect" . Yeah you know that becasue you've driven a formula one car recently ?!

I find with F1 games, the biggest problem for me is the track limits. Some places you get away with murder, others you can get penalties for 2 wheels off the track on the outside of a corner.
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

Wass85

NathanOlder wrote:
21 Nov 2019, 21:20
Wass85 wrote:
So is F1 2019 a big improvement on previous versions, have they sorted out the multiplayer yet?
It was a nightmare in the lobbies trying to get a game on the last version I bought, think it was 2015 or 2016.

mertol

NathanOlder wrote:
22 Nov 2019, 09:57
Well its used as an official game for the eSports championship, so it can't be too bad. It's definitely the best F1 game to date.

I find with all racing games I've ever played, that people will complain that they are not accurate sims and cars don't drive like that ect ect are normally the guys that struggle for pace. Its an easy excuse.

And what makes me laugh is (as an example) playing F1 2019 in a Ferrari, "The car is crap, it handles all wrong ect ect" . Yeah you know that becasue you've driven a formula one car recently ?!

I find with F1 games, the biggest problem for me is the track limits. Some places you get away with murder, others you can get penalties for 2 wheels off the track on the outside of a corner.
A crapmasters game realistic lol

El Scorchio

NathanOlder wrote:

The track limits thing is maddening sometimes! It's far, far too harsh in some corners. Maybe it's different if you drive in a Ferrari at Monza :)

NathanOlder

Wass85 wrote:
22 Nov 2019, 15:56
NathanOlder wrote:
Wass85 wrote:
It was a nightmare in the lobbies trying to get a game on the last version I bought, think it was 2015 or 2016.
Yeah its similar still. I just race in a league, so I know what track, what time ect and it works very well.
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

NathanOlder

El Scorchio wrote:
22 Nov 2019, 16:42
NathanOlder wrote:

The track limits thing is maddening sometimes! It's far, far too harsh in some corners. Maybe it's different if you drive in a Ferrari at Monza :)
Lol yeah.
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

NathanOlder

mertol wrote:
22 Nov 2019, 16:34
NathanOlder wrote:

A crapmasters game realistic lol
What game would you recommend for current F1 cars?
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

Wass85

NathanOlder wrote:
22 Nov 2019, 17:51
Wass85 wrote:
NathanOlder wrote:

Yeah its similar still. I just race in a league, so I know what track, what time ect and it works very well.
You have any other racing games for PS4, I'm having a bash now on PC2. Might have a blast on GT Sport for a bit, haven't been on in a couple of month.

NathanOlder

Wass85 wrote:
22 Nov 2019, 17:55
NathanOlder wrote:
22 Nov 2019, 17:51
Wass85 wrote:

You have any other racing games for PS4, I'm having a bash now on PC2. Might have a blast on GT Sport for a bit, haven't been on in a couple of month.
I do have Gran Turismo, but not played it in years. Just play F1 to be honest. I can always have a go on GT though at some point.
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

Wass85

I'll take you on whenever you fancy. I've just put GT Sport on after having a couple of months on PC2. I can't get within 2 seconds of my best times on time trial at Catalunya and Nurburgring.