Bosch Lapsim older versions

Post here information about your own engineering projects, including but not limited to building your own car or designing a virtual car through CAD.
SimonA

Re: Bosch Lapsim older versions

Whilst looking through my books and files I have come across a full copy of the user manual for LapSim 2004, it reminded me I had tinkered with the free download copy back in around 2004.

I am nearing completion of building my new race car and would really like to model and run it through LapSim, unfortunately I didn't keep a copy of the programme when it stopped working, but know wish I had, does anyone have a copy the could send me?

My car project is a Lotus Esprit Silhouette special powered by a 5500 cc Chevy V8 LS6 from a Daytona Sports Prototype..... the suspension, wheels and brakes are from a Lola Indycar ... 580 bhp, 750 kg :D

Regards Simon

Greg Locock

Holy resuscitated threads Batman, I've just been playing around with OptimumG's OptimumLap simulator, which is modern, free, and even has an optimiser built in. It is very easy to use, but not as sophisticated as LapSim https://optimumg.com/product/optimumlap/

SimonA

Hi Greg, Thanks for the reply ..... I have since come across Optimum G and used it, it is very good đź‘Ť

Greg Locock

I am very disappointed that it ignores cgz and has such a simple tire model, but on the other hand tire data and cgz are rather hard to quantify for typical racers. How's your car?

fsaepisa

Hi Greg, do you still have a copy of the free LapSim? I could use XP x64 on VM

Greg Locock

If you get that working tell me how. I don't have it to hand but ping me if i don't remember within 2 days

Greg Locock

Found the zip, contact me at the obvious gmail address with no spaces.