Any other ways to watch F1 in the UK?

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Wass85

Any other ways to watch F1 in the UK?

I find myself now only using Sky to watch F1, apart from that we just watch Netflix.

Not really up to date on the new streaming systems and channels, does any services or apps allow you to stream F1 for a price?

jjn9128

Re: Any other ways to watch F1 in the UK?

Wass85 wrote:
28 Nov 2019, 22:28
I find myself now only using Sky to watch F1, apart from that we just watch Netflix.

Not really up to date on the new streaming systems and channels, does any services or apps allow you to stream F1 for a price?
NowTV (Sky owned) will let you stream races. I think a race pass is £10 so £220 next year. There might be deals though, I've not looked into it.
#aerogandalf
"There is one big friend. It is downforce. And once you have this it’s a big mate and it’s helping a lot." Robert Kubica

Wass85

jjn9128 wrote:
28 Nov 2019, 22:35
Wass85 wrote:
28 Nov 2019, 22:28

NowTV (Sky owned) will let you stream races. I think a race pass is £10 so £220 next year. There might be deals though, I've not looked into it.
I've heard of that but I want the full viewing experience, meaning practice, qualifying and the race.

Just_a_fan

I tend to use online free streams. Sometimes they drop out and I then have to switch to another, but I'm paying £0.00 for it so can't complain. Most cover FP, Q and the race so the whole event is viewable.
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

jjn9128

Just_a_fan wrote:
28 Nov 2019, 22:53
I tend to use online free streams. Sometimes they drop out and I then have to switch to another, but I'm paying £0.00 for it so can't complain. Most cover FP, Q and the race so the whole event is viewable.
I think the original question was regarding legal methods of watching the sport.
#aerogandalf
"There is one big friend. It is downforce. And once you have this it’s a big mate and it’s helping a lot." Robert Kubica

Wass85

Just to be clear I would prefer a method that is recordable as I can't always watch the events live.

Jolle

F1TV pro isn’t available in the UK? Else, no legal ways to watch with English commentary. The German station RTL has it live on the satellite, with ad breaks.

Ch 4 has a good part of the race a few hours later. Also free to watch on a dish.

Wass85

So basically Sky has got me by the balls for a good few years yet.....

Jolle

Wass85 wrote:
28 Nov 2019, 23:33
They wouldn’t want it any other way 😂

Unc1eM0nty

Wass85 wrote:
Yes they have, as much as I love F1 I just can't bring myself to give them a single penny, I'm with Just a fan, free on line stream for now.

I fear for the sport if they go down this route in every country, with an aging fan base they need to attract a younger audience.

Just_a_fan

jjn9128 wrote:
28 Nov 2019, 23:08
Just_a_fan wrote:
28 Nov 2019, 22:53
I think the original question was regarding legal methods of watching the sport.
Is it illegal to watch such streams? The streams are available online without restrictions imposed on those who can view them. The people who are breaking laws are those doing the streaming, not someone who happens upon the stream. Some pubs show Sky without paying for the service. Are the people sat at the bar having a pint breaking the law if they look at the screen? No. Is the pub? Yes.

Just_a_fan

Wass85 wrote:
Yes. Say "thank you" to Bernie and the BBC.

Just_a_fan

Jolle wrote:
28 Nov 2019, 23:13
F1TV pro isn’t available in the UK?
If someone had a credit card registered in a suitable country and watched F1TV through a VPN, then it would be possible to watch it in the UK. The stumbling block is paying for it, really.

gdanielwesley

Just_a_fan wrote:
Jolle wrote:
28 Nov 2019, 23:13
F1TV pro isn’t available in the UK?
If someone had a credit card registered in a suitable country and watched F1TV through a VPN, then it would be possible to watch it in the UK. The stumbling block is paying for it, really.
How much does f1tv cost? Is there someplace that will tell me if it's available in my country (India)?

Sent from my POCO F1 using Tapatalk

Maritimer

In Canada we have to pay for five channels to see the races as TSN like to switch up which one they air it on. Only way to get all five that I know of is with Bell and they want $1200 a year for TV. If Liberty renew the Sky deal when it expires I'm never watching again. I refuse to pay Motortrend to watch the WEC, I'll refuse to pay TSN/Sky in the future.