2019 Mercedes AMG Petronas Formula One Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
zibby43

Re: 2019 Mercedes AMG Petronas Formula One Team

Mercedes like Yas Marinas.

astracrazy

TAG wrote:
30 Nov 2019, 14:27
Interesting watch here on Angela Cullen. Apparently she was passed over by a number of F1 drivers, Hamilton hired her after one interview.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lg_t5nh4zWo
Shes basically his right hand women. The understanding and relationship they seem to have is more than I think I have seen with any other driver. Where ever he goes she goes and there is obviously a massive trust level between the two, which for Lewis is probably huge.

I personally think her coming on board with Lewis has taken him to another level, not just performance wise but mentally as well. Gone are the days where a bad qualifying or a distraction used to ruin is race before the sun even rose on a Sunday.

I'm surprised the other top drivers haven't followed suit
Last edited by astracrazy on 01 Dec 2019, 11:23, edited 2 times in total.

Capharol

astracrazy wrote:
01 Dec 2019, 11:11
TAG wrote:
Interesting watch here on Angela Cullen. Apparently she was passed over by a number of F1 drivers, Hamilton hired her after one interview.

Shes basically his right hand women. The understanding and relationship they seem to have is more than I think I have seen with any other driver. Where ever he goes she goes and there is obviously a massive trust level between the two, which for Lewis is probably huge.

I personally think her coming on board with Lewis has taken him to another level, not just performance wise but mentally as well. Gone are the days where a bad qualifying or a distraction used to ruin is race before the sun even rose on a Sunday.

I'm surprised the other top drivers haven't followed suit?
who says they haven't .... Max Verstappen has the same personal trainer (as far as i know) since he entered F1

but... the relationship between Angela and Lewis is special and put in focus because she works together with a 6x worldchampion, ppl tend to notice that sooner then when you are driving for 3th, 4th or even 20th

astracrazy

Capharol wrote:
01 Dec 2019, 11:20
astracrazy wrote:
TAG wrote:

who says they haven't .... Max Verstappen has the same personal trainer (as far as i know) since he entered F1

but... the relationship between Angela and Lewis is special and put in focus because she works together with a 6x worldchampion, ppl tend to notice that sooner then when you are driving for 3th, 4th or even 20th
They all have personal trainers but that's not what I meant when I said follow suit. I meant have someone around them who is more of a right hand person than just a personal trainer.

Angela is noticed because most of the time if you see Lewis on tv she is there. If this was the case with Max and his personal trainer you would know or not if it was the same person (using your example).

Capharol

astracrazy wrote:
01 Dec 2019, 11:38
Capharol wrote:
01 Dec 2019, 11:20
astracrazy wrote:

They all have personal trainers but that's not what I meant when I said follow suit. I meant have someone around them who is more of a right hand person than just a personal trainer.

Angela is noticed because most of the time if you see Lewis on tv she is there. If this was the case with Max and his personal trainer you would know or not if it was the same person (using your example).
i don't know because i don't care about "right hand" or personal trainer stuff... and as i said these two has a special relationship and they stand more in focus due to his 6 WDC's

Mark4211

Annotated wheel adjustments: Pole position lap, Lewis Hamilton - Abu Dhabi 2019
https://twitter.com/AnnotatedWA/status/ ... 5976872960

PlatinumZealot

A lot of racers have pretty close trainers. Even closer than Lewis' own. Angella doesnt go with him to hollywood thats for sure.
Perez's and Alonso's trainers are extemely close to them. Maybe more than Lewis'.

Sometimes i wonder if Lewis is more than friend to her though. Hehe.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

Big Tea

PlatinumZealot wrote:
03 Dec 2019, 00:49
A lot of racers have pretty close trainers. Even closer than Lewis' own. Angella doesnt go with him to hollywood thats for sure.
Perez's and Alonso's trainers are extemely close to them. Maybe more than Lewis'.

Rule 1, do not cohort with the employees.

Would be very hard to restrain in this case though, she seems lovely as well as extremely efficient.
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

flmkane

Big Tea wrote:
03 Dec 2019, 18:19
PlatinumZealot wrote:

Would be very hard to restrain in this case though, she seems lovely as well as extremely efficient.
Wouldn't stop James Hunt now would it?

Capharol

Big Tea wrote:
03 Dec 2019, 18:19
PlatinumZealot wrote:

and she seems very flexibel at her workarea :wink: :lol:

edit: darn the winterdepression has already started.... how long till Februari :lol:

dans79

Toto did it this time around, and even answered a question about the engineering station being stress tested to withstand his pounding. :lol: :lol:

197 104 103 7

Wass85

Hamilton yesterday stated at the awards numerous drivers are begging to get a drive at the team.

He would be crazy to leave Mercedes and won't go anywhere IMO.

izzy

dans79 wrote:
04 Dec 2019, 18:41
Toto did it this time around, and even answered a question about the engineering station being stress tested to withstand his pounding. :lol: :lol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aeDjahLGPx0
Lol, Toto is a good guy, he radiates positive vibes, and also that head person bravery . You can see why Lewis cares about him staying

izzy

PlatinumZealot wrote:

Lewis won't be playing around with Angela, it's an important relationship for his racing and he wouldn't risk it getting emotional. he's someone who can have just person to person relationships with women. Hadid sisters, if you must 😁

adrianjordan

Wass85 wrote:
29 Nov 2019, 23:44
Reading comments from Toto and Lewis I don't think it's as rosy as we think within the team, a lot of uncertainty hanging about to me.
My take is that Lewis will commit to an extension if he is satisfied that Toto will still be running things....otherwise he may opt to move teams.

Personally I'd love to see Lewis back at Mclaren Mercedes in 2021....
Favourite driver: Lando Norris
Favourite team: McLaren

Turned down the chance to meet Vettel at Silverstone in 2007. He was a test driver at the time and I didn't think it was worth queuing!! 🤦🏻‍♂️