[MVRC] Mantium Virtual Racecar Challenge 2019 (Grand Prix Cars)

Post here information about your own engineering projects, including but not limited to building your own car or designing a virtual car through CAD.
Koldskaal

Re: [MVRC] Mantium Virtual Racecar Challenge 2019 (Grand Prix Cars)

Congrats to Matteo. Both for the win, and the championship. =D>

And a big thank you to André and Richard. Excellent work.

What a journey it has been for me at least.
I didnt really expect much of my first season, as you can read from my team description on the webiste :D . I have made a lot of mistakes along the way and learned a bunch. I hope to turn this into a more strategic approach next season.
LVDH wrote:
01 Dec 2019, 18:30
Both did not make any mistakes like loosing engine power because of messed up cooling (or measuring it incorrectly like a certain Italian team managed), or collecting unnecessary penalties. I hope this sets an example to the other teams.
Lets just pretend that’s the case (Singapore) :cry:

CAEdevice wrote:
01 Dec 2019, 17:03
What a race! I jave just noticed that Koldskaal efficiency was above 2.00...
I am rather pleased about this :D . My numbers indicated that adding 0.05 Cl would only decrease laptime by 0.05 s. But decreasing Cd by 0.05 would decrease laptime by 0.24 s. So I focused pretty heavily on decreasing drag, and managed to lower my Cd from 1.38 to 1.25.
MVRC - Koldskaal, name: Christian

yinlad

Wow, I did not expect to get as far up as 6th with 1 week of development. I'm over the moon with that. Congrats to CAE and everyone at the top of the field. Such a close race at the top this time around. Can't wait for the next season now!
MVRC - Panthera

rjsa

Congratulations Matteo, or very own AMG team.

How big was the penalty I took?

CAEdevice

Koldskaal wrote:
01 Dec 2019, 19:20
Congrats to Matteo. Both for the win, and the championship. =D>
Honestly I think that before the last race you deserved the champion title more than me, considering the confusion of the first race that made you lose important points. That is why I did my best to win the last race and justify my final first position. I was convinced that my car development was near the limit after race 4, I found some downforce from the double batwings and (now I can reveal everything) from the bargeboards. I think that both you and Variante could gain very much working on the bargeboards.

machin

rjsa wrote:
01 Dec 2019, 19:37

1.015 seconds... 😔
COMPETITION CAR ENGINEERING -Home of VIRTUAL STOPWATCH

CAEdevice

A massage from the sponsor: the official prize is a 3D printed model of the winning car (valued around 100€).

Excluding CAEdevice, the prize goes to Team Koldskaal. Congratulations! =D>

You can get in touch with me by PM or email (from the contact form of the website you see in my signature) or LinkedIn. I hope your model is a STEP file, but I can also work on the STL with your collaboration.

Alternatively you can receive the equivalent prize value using Paypal or using Bitcoin.

The prize for the previous year winner is still waiting on a Bitcoin cold wallet... if could not obtain a wallet yet, Paypal is an option ;).

machin

Oh, that’s cool... I’d like to see some pictures of that model when it’s done... 👍
COMPETITION CAR ENGINEERING -Home of VIRTUAL STOPWATCH

rjsa

machin wrote:
01 Dec 2019, 22:13
rjsa wrote:
01 Dec 2019, 19:37

1.015 seconds... 😔
Tks

etsmc

YAY i was the fastest on the straight :)
shame about the corners.. :(
Well done to all and especially some of the newcomers getting up there.. and looking forward to the next one.

LVDH

Koldskaal wrote:
01 Dec 2019, 19:20
I am rather pleased about this :D . My numbers indicated that adding 0.05 Cl would only decrease laptime by 0.05 s. But decreasing Cd by 0.05 would decrease laptime by 0.24 s. So I focused pretty heavily on decreasing drag, and managed to lower my Cd from 1.38 to 1.25.
This is why you and Matteo are on top. Variante, JJR and WBRacing have figured out how to squeeze a lot of downforce out of the cars, but this was simply not the winning formula for Yas Marina. This information was not hidden. The Virtual Stopwatch tells you about this in the last lines of the output.

CAEdevice

Hi, this is the car that raced and won in Yas Marina (not the silver grey one, sorry).

Actually the rear wing setup could be a bit different in the STEP version (I was in hurry when I submitted to car and I did not save the penultimate stage of development).
It would be funny if the staff decided to go on with the present rules in 2020, but I think there still is a small margin to improve the car (cl/cd around 2,2 is possibile), so this car would not be enough to win.

STEP
https://www.caedevice.net/SERVER/MVRC/2 ... 7_STEP.zip

STL
https://www.caedevice.net/SERVER/MVRC/2 ... 07_STL.zip

Thomas2019

Congrats to the winner!
I have grossly underestimated the time needed to do this.

Not that it matters much, but why was my car not racing in the last race? I thought the rules were changed so, that if no new submission is handed in, the previous car would be used?

Looking forward to next season!

Thomas

JJR
JJR

Congratulatios to Matteo, Christian and Variante !!! Great job Matteo once again !!!

This time I overshoot cooling which cost me a lot of drag.

I enjoy whole MVRC season and thanks belongs to MVRC staff to made it possible for us.

Alonso Fan

Congrats matteo

Unfortunately I didn't have enough time to make the planned developments to my car. All in all its been a great season. Some of the new comers have shown how fast one can move up the standings if you know what your car is doing and how the air behaves
SHR Modding
Youtube
Twitter
Discord

Sound Developer for Reiza Studios
Sound Modder for Assetto Corsa

LVDH

Thomas2019 wrote:
02 Dec 2019, 11:47
Congrats to the winner!
I have grossly underestimated the time needed to do this.

Not that it matters much, but why was my car not racing in the last race? I thought the rules were changed so, that if no new submission is handed in, the previous car would be used?

Looking forward to next season!

Thomas
I was very tired now to the end of the season and reentering the cars did not make too much sense anymore because they had all pilled up so many penalties as there were no resubmissions on them for a while and the rule violations were not getting fixed. I forgot about you car, that one would have been clean.
This rule will get updated for next season. Probably something in the line of only clean cars get automatic submissions and only two or something like that.