2020 FIM MotoGP World Championship.

Please discuss here all your remarks and pose your questions about all racing series, except Formula One. Both technical and other questions about GP2, Touring cars, IRL, LMS, ...
J.A.W.

2020 FIM MotoGP World Championship.

Post by J.A.W. » Sun Dec 01, 2019 2:15 am

Honda/HRC has IMO, a bit of a quandary to face.

Ok, M.M. is a racer of freakish ability, riding hard enough (& crashing sans major hurt in practice),
yet he usually stays upright in races & still goes fast enough to win or get a podium place.

M.M.'s superlatively accommodating riding skills -along with his amazing mental equanimity,
have single-handedly allowed Honda domination recently - but can his younger bro emulate him?

I do hope the junior Marquez is not destroyed by trying... too hard.
Dr Moreau sez..
"Who breaks the law... goes back to the House of Pain!"

CMSMJ1

Re: 2020 FIM MotoGP World Championship.

Post by CMSMJ1 » Mon Dec 02, 2019 11:33 am

In a word - no.

Alex is not going to be the second coming is he? I reckon he'll be hard pressed to beat Brad Binder over the year and won't beat the other Hondas much as well.

Be nice to see him stay on, stay uninjured and get into year 2 with more pace. This first year though, no chance.
IMPERATOR REX ANGLORUM

rscsr

Post by rscsr » Mon Dec 02, 2019 12:00 pm

CMSMJ1 wrote:
Mon Dec 02, 2019 11:33 am
In a word - no.

Alex is not going to be the second coming is he? I reckon he'll be hard pressed to beat Brad Binder over the year and won't beat the other Hondas much as well.

Be nice to see him stay on, stay uninjured and get into year 2 with more pace. This first year though, no chance.
I think that he has to be easily the best rookie as the absolute minimum to be considered in the future.
The Honda is certainly better than the KTM and probably as hard to ride.
He should be a Top10 rider at the end of the year, (or at least close to Top10) to have any future in MotoGP imho. Basically he should be about where Cal Crutchlow is at the end of the year.

FrukostScones

Post by FrukostScones » Fri Dec 06, 2019 7:20 pm

Zarco proves to be the cat! Confirmed to Avintia now for 2020. With GP19 and factory support I think.

He sees it as opportunity to factory team Ducati ride if things go well.

Let's hope he can prove this with results.

ZARCO!
Finishing races is important, but racing is more important.

rscsr

Post by rscsr » Fri Dec 06, 2019 7:32 pm

FrukostScones wrote:
Fri Dec 06, 2019 7:20 pm
Zarco proves to be the cat! Confirmed to Avintia now for 2020. With GP19 and factory support I think.

ZARCO!
he signed with Ducati apparently, so I'd reckon that he will get a current bike before too long, if he is as fast on a Ducati as he was on the Yamaha.

Gibbs

Post by Gibbs » Sun Dec 08, 2019 11:34 am

I'm skeptical the Avinta / Zarco partnership will work out. Sounds like Ducati need riders and are willing to make big bold promises to get Zarco on side which they may not meet completely.

Pierce89

Post by Pierce89 » Sun Dec 08, 2019 3:45 pm

rscsr wrote:
Fri Dec 06, 2019 7:32 pm
FrukostScones wrote:
Fri Dec 06, 2019 7:20 pm

ZARCO!
he signed with Ducati apparently, so I'd reckon that he will get a current bike before too long, if he is as fast on a Ducati as he was on the Yamaha.
That’s one big IF. I don’t see it as being very likely.
“To be able to actually make something is awfully nice”
Bruce McLaren on building his first McLaren racecars, 1970

“I've got to be careful what I say, but possibly to probably Juan would have had a bigger go”
Sir Frank Williams after the 2003 Canadian GP, where Ralf hesitated to pass brother M. Schumacher

Wouter

Post by Wouter » Tue Dec 10, 2019 8:42 pm

Why are there no images and photos of Lewis Hamilton on the Moto GP and Valentino Rossi in the F1 Silberpfeile?

It was recently announced that Lewis Hamilton and Valentino Rossi were going to change race material. Formula One world champion went on a ride on the Moto GP machine of the Italian. Rossi, on the other hand, started driving in the Silver Arrow of the AMG Mercedes F1 Team. In the meantime the change has taken place and the pair drove in Valencia. Yet no images and photos have come out.

The Spanish TV had recorded some sound at the main entrance of a car and a motorcycle that went straight, but there is no trace of images on the internet. The reason for this is that the sponsor Monster has received a deal for the substitution of the two big heroes in motorcycle racing. The circuit was therefore hermetically sealed in order to be able to make a documentary of what actually happened on the day.

At this moment there is no date announced of the release of the docu, but according to the Italian media this will happen within a few days. According to Corriere dello Sport it is even offered "pay-per-view". So it is still a while to wait when and where Monster will share the images with the world.
Last week.

J.A.W.

Post by J.A.W. » Sat Dec 14, 2019 5:30 am

Yeah, sure seems Lewis Hamilton enjoyed the challenge of the MotoGP machine:

"...you have to master so many things at once... its a rocket.
When you accelerate, its incredible... I'll be flying high all next week after this!"
Dr Moreau sez..
"Who breaks the law... goes back to the House of Pain!"