2020 FIM MotoGP World Championship.

Please discuss here all your remarks and pose your questions about all racing series, except Formula One. Both technical and other questions about GP2, Touring cars, IRL, LMS, ...
J.A.W.

2020 FIM MotoGP World Championship.

Honda/HRC has IMO, a bit of a quandary to face.

Ok, M.M. is a racer of freakish ability, riding hard enough (& crashing sans major hurt in practice),
yet he usually stays upright in races & still goes fast enough to win or get a podium place.

M.M.'s superlatively accommodating riding skills -along with his amazing mental equanimity,
have single-handedly allowed Honda domination recently - but can his younger bro emulate him?

I do hope the junior Marquez is not destroyed by trying... too hard.
"Well, we knocked the bastard off!"

Ed Hilary on being 1st to top Mt Everest,
(& 1st to do a surface traverse across Antarctica,
in good Kiwi style - riding a Massey Ferguson farm
tractor - with a few extemporised mod's to hack the task).

CMSMJ1

Re: 2020 FIM MotoGP World Championship.

In a word - no.

Alex is not going to be the second coming is he? I reckon he'll be hard pressed to beat Brad Binder over the year and won't beat the other Hondas much as well.

Be nice to see him stay on, stay uninjured and get into year 2 with more pace. This first year though, no chance.
IMPERATOR REX ANGLORUM

rscsr

CMSMJ1 wrote:
02 Dec 2019, 12:33
In a word - no.

Alex is not going to be the second coming is he? I reckon he'll be hard pressed to beat Brad Binder over the year and won't beat the other Hondas much as well.

Be nice to see him stay on, stay uninjured and get into year 2 with more pace. This first year though, no chance.
I think that he has to be easily the best rookie as the absolute minimum to be considered in the future.
The Honda is certainly better than the KTM and probably as hard to ride.
He should be a Top10 rider at the end of the year, (or at least close to Top10) to have any future in MotoGP imho. Basically he should be about where Cal Crutchlow is at the end of the year.

FrukostScones

Zarco proves to be the cat! Confirmed to Avintia now for 2020. With GP19 and factory support I think.

He sees it as opportunity to factory team Ducati ride if things go well.

Let's hope he can prove this with results.

ZARCO!
Finishing races is important, but racing is more important.

rscsr

FrukostScones wrote:
06 Dec 2019, 20:20
Zarco proves to be the cat! Confirmed to Avintia now for 2020. With GP19 and factory support I think.

ZARCO!
he signed with Ducati apparently, so I'd reckon that he will get a current bike before too long, if he is as fast on a Ducati as he was on the Yamaha.

Gibbs

I'm skeptical the Avinta / Zarco partnership will work out. Sounds like Ducati need riders and are willing to make big bold promises to get Zarco on side which they may not meet completely.

Pierce89

rscsr wrote:
06 Dec 2019, 20:32
FrukostScones wrote:
06 Dec 2019, 20:20

ZARCO!
he signed with Ducati apparently, so I'd reckon that he will get a current bike before too long, if he is as fast on a Ducati as he was on the Yamaha.
That’s one big IF. I don’t see it as being very likely.
“To be able to actually make something is awfully nice”
Bruce McLaren on building his first McLaren racecars, 1970

“I've got to be careful what I say, but possibly to probably Juan would have had a bigger go”
Sir Frank Williams after the 2003 Canadian GP, where Ralf hesitated to pass brother M. Schumacher

Wouter

Why are there no images and photos of Lewis Hamilton on the Moto GP and Valentino Rossi in the F1 Silberpfeile?

It was recently announced that Lewis Hamilton and Valentino Rossi were going to change race material. Formula One world champion went on a ride on the Moto GP machine of the Italian. Rossi, on the other hand, started driving in the Silver Arrow of the AMG Mercedes F1 Team. In the meantime the change has taken place and the pair drove in Valencia. Yet no images and photos have come out.

The Spanish TV had recorded some sound at the main entrance of a car and a motorcycle that went straight, but there is no trace of images on the internet. The reason for this is that the sponsor Monster has received a deal for the substitution of the two big heroes in motorcycle racing. The circuit was therefore hermetically sealed in order to be able to make a documentary of what actually happened on the day.

At this moment there is no date announced of the release of the docu, but according to the Italian media this will happen within a few days. According to Corriere dello Sport it is even offered "pay-per-view". So it is still a while to wait when and where Monster will share the images with the world.
Last week.
The Power of Dreams!

J.A.W.

Yeah, sure seems Lewis Hamilton enjoyed the challenge of the MotoGP machine:

"...you have to master so many things at once... its a rocket.
When you accelerate, its incredible... I'll be flying high all next week after this!"
"Well, we knocked the bastard off!"

Ed Hilary on being 1st to top Mt Everest,
(& 1st to do a surface traverse across Antarctica,
in good Kiwi style - riding a Massey Ferguson farm
tractor - with a few extemporised mod's to hack the task).

rscsr

Iannone seems to have doped with Nandrolon and got suspended.
https://www.motorsport-total.com/motogp ... e-19121703
So I guess Bradley Smith will be replacing him for 2020 if Iannone's suspension holds after the second doping test.

etusch

J.A.W. wrote:
14 Dec 2019, 06:30
Yeah, sure seems Lewis Hamilton enjoyed the challenge of the MotoGP machine:

"...you have to master so many things at once... its a rocket.
When you accelerate, its incredible... I'll be flying high all next week after this!"
According to news he really flied. :lol:

etusch

He is as balanced as Yamaha m1

turbof1

rscsr wrote:
17 Dec 2019, 12:59
So I guess Bradley Smith will be replacing him for 2020 if Iannone's suspension holds after the second doping test.
To be more specifically, he tested positive for drugs. Things can get conveluted on that front whether if it enhances rider's performance.
#AeroFrodo

Nonserviam85

turbof1 wrote:
18 Dec 2019, 18:56
rscsr wrote:
17 Dec 2019, 12:59
To be more specifically, he tested positive for drugs. Things can get conveluted on that front whether if it enhances rider's performance.
Nandrolone is an Androgen and Anabolic Steroid, one of the most common Performance Enhancing Drugs used to increase physique and strength levels.

etusch

Engine Liquid-cooled, 90° V4, four-stroke, evo desmodromic DOHC, four valves per cylinder
Capacity 1,000cc
Maximum power Over 250hp
Maximum speed Over 350 km/h (218 mph)
Transmission
Ducati Seamless Transmission. Chain final drive

Carburation
Indirect electronic injection, four throttle bodies with injectors above and below the butterfly valves. Throttles operated by double Ride by Wire systems

Fuel Shell Racing V-Power
Lubricant Shell Advance Ultra 4
Exhaust Akrapovič
Final Drive D.I.D Chain
Frame Aluminium alloy twin-spar

Suspension
Öhlins inverted front fork with carbon outer tubes and Öhlins rear shock absorber, adjustable for preload and damping

Electronics
Magneti Marelli ECU programmed with Dorna Unified Software
Tyres Michelin 17" front and rear

Brakes Brembo, two 340mm carbon front discs with four-piston callipers. Single stainless steel rear disc with two-piston calliper
Dry weight 157 kg (346.1 lbs.)

ImageImageImage