Silly Season 2020/2021 (starting with silliness in 2019)

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
NathanOlder

Re: Silly Season 2020/2021 (starting with silliness in 2019)

wickedz50 wrote:
01 Dec 2019, 17:57
selvam_e2002 wrote:
01 Dec 2019, 17:30
Hamliton will not move out from Mercedes at any cost. As Lec as lead driver, even if Ferrari bump good amount of money, he won't. He will retire at Mercedes.

Ferrari will look for Lecre's wing man in 2021. They won't sign another alpha.
First Ferrari need a competitive car then they can decide who is no 1 and 2..
They need a legal competitive car then they can decide who is no 1 and 2...
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

PlatinumZealot

selvam_e2002 wrote:
Hamliton will not move out from Mercedes at any cost. As Lec as lead driver, even if Ferrari bump good amount of money, he won't. He will retire at Mercedes.

At Ferrari, Ferrari comes first so they would have no qualms about hiring a six times champ in their car. If leclerc has to be number 2 then so be it.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

Pyrone89

PlatinumZealot wrote:
01 Dec 2019, 22:33
selvam_e2002 wrote:

At Ferrari, Ferrari comes first so they would have no qualms about hiring a six times champ in their car. If leclerc has to be number 2 then so be it.
Cannot wait for that. Maximum popcorn usage if that happens.
And you said 6 times, LH is going to be 7 times WDC after next year if Mercedes keeps producing these types of cars and Bottas does not raise his game to acceptable levels
True GOATs don’t need the help of superior material to win.

Tom Brady, Usain Bolt are true GOATs.

Wass85

Bernie Ecclestone is right imo, it sounds a nice dream but the reality will be completely different. Hamilton doesn't speak Italian for starters and if things don't go to plan and Leclerc starts strongly then the doubt and paranoia would soon kick in. Stay where you are and try and break the record with Mercedes.

NathanOlder

Next year will be very telling, If Vettel can get close to Leclerc again, then Lewis will know that he has a very good chance to beat Leclerc. As its clear as day that over the last 3 years, Lewis is head and shoulders above Seb.
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

Wass85

NathanOlder wrote:
02 Dec 2019, 00:39
Next year will be very telling, If Vettel can get close to Leclerc again, then Lewis will know that he has a very good chance to beat Leclerc. As its clear as day that over the last 3 years, Lewis is head and shoulders above Seb.
Like as been said it is not clear until they are in the same car. Past success does not guarantee future success. What if the car doesn't suit Lewis at all?

I just can't see him leaving for Ferrari when he has records in his sights.

raymondu999

I don’t think Lewis will perform to the same level in Ferrari as he has done in the Merc, tbh. Ferrari seem unable to provide that warmth/comfort/belonging to their drivers on which Hamilton seemingly to me has thrived on at Mercedes. Much like Vettel thrived on at Red Bull.

Hamilton has had moments of anger/mini-tantrums - complaining about wrong strategy, wrong tyres etc, and the Merc team has held his hand and guided him through those moments. That will not be available at Ferrari.

If he comes into a 2019-type ferrari (competitively) where it is sort of a distant 2nd best, we could see him - imo - in a situation like 2010. Some flawless races (Lewis always has at least a couple every year) but a couple of moments where he has felt the need to overdrive which has caused mistakes.

I’m not saying he isn’t a great driver which he obviously is - but I dont think he will be a goodfit for Ferrari. In hindsight, neither was Vettel.
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

selvam_e2002

raymondu999 wrote:
02 Dec 2019, 03:53
I don’t think Lewis will perform to the same level in Ferrari as he has done in the Merc, tbh. Ferrari seem unable to provide that warmth/comfort/belonging to their drivers on which Hamilton seemingly to me has thrived on at Mercedes. Much like Vettel thrived on at Red Bull.

Hamilton has had moments of anger/mini-tantrums - complaining about wrong strategy, wrong tyres etc, and the Merc team has held his hand and guided him through those moments. That will not be available at Ferrari.

If he comes into a 2019-type ferrari (competitively) where it is sort of a distant 2nd best, we could see him - imo - in a situation like 2010. Some flawless races (Lewis always has at least a couple every year) but a couple of moments where he has felt the need to overdrive which has caused mistakes.

I’m not saying he isn’t a great driver which he obviously is - but I dont think he will be a goodfit for Ferrari. In hindsight, neither was Vettel.
spot on. Agree with you 100%. It is difficult to handle Lec and pressure from Ferrari. Better be where you are.
If car is not good, Hamilton cannot extract full performance from the car. The only person who can help ferrari is Alonso or look wing man for Lec in 2021.

Even if they have Wingman to lec I don't believe they can win 2021 and beyond. The only chance would be after 2025 role change.

NathanOlder

selvam_e2002 wrote:
02 Dec 2019, 06:39
raymondu999 wrote:

spot on. Agree with you 100%. It is difficult to handle Lec and pressure from Ferrari. Better be where you are.
If car is not good, Hamilton cannot extract full performance from the car. The only person who can help ferrari is Alonso or look wing man for Lec in 2021.

Even if they have Wingman to lec I don't believe they can win 2021 and beyond. The only chance would be after 2025 role change.
Hamilton wins races every single year, despite Mclaren producing a couple of rubbish cars, and apparently he cannot extract full performance from the car lol yeah ok.
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

turbof1

NathanOlder wrote:
02 Dec 2019, 09:48
selvam_e2002 wrote:
raymondu999 wrote:

Hamilton wins races every single year, despite Mclaren producing a couple of rubbish cars, and apparently he cannot extract full performance from the car lol yeah ok.
They weren't always rubbish back when Hamilton still drove for McLaren. Yes, they had terrible starts to a couple of seasons, 2009 and 2011 come to mind, but McLaren did rebound on both years.

I neither agree though Hamilton is a lesser driver in a worse car. He did made some silly mistakes back in the day, but he has matured.
#AeroFrodo

NathanOlder

turbof1 wrote:
02 Dec 2019, 09:53
NathanOlder wrote:
02 Dec 2019, 09:48
selvam_e2002 wrote:

They weren't always rubbish back when Hamilton still drove for McLaren. Yes, they had terrible starts to a couple of seasons, 2009 and 2011 come to mind, but McLaren did rebound on both years.

I neither agree though Hamilton is a lesser driver in a worse car. He did made some silly mistakes back in the day, but he has matured.
Going back to the previous post to mine, when has Alonso ever won anything in a car thats not good ? The only bad cars Alonso has driven are the recent Mclaren and a Minardi.
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

aral

NathanOlder wrote:
that sort of comment does not hold up ! Vettel was able to beat Hamilton four years on the trot. what was the reason for that apart from driving skill?....vettel had a better and more reliable car. now hamilton is in a better and more reliable car, so he is winning. that does not mean that one driver is better than the other. it should also be remembered that vettel won four titles in a row....hamilton has not done that yet.

Capharol

aral wrote:
02 Dec 2019, 16:35
NathanOlder wrote:
that sort of comment does not hold up ! Vettel was able to beat Hamilton four years on the trot. what was the reason for that apart from driving skill?....vettel had a better and more reliable car. now hamilton is in a better and more reliable car, so he is winning. that does not mean that one driver is better than the other. it should also be remembered that vettel won four titles in a row....hamilton has not done that yet.
this post is a bit strange to me.....
let me put 1 thing clear, i know you didn't post this as a mod

but these kind of post is what the mods always trying to prevent .... rousing, provocative ones with which driver is better.
now you post a similar thing because the last sentence is just doing this... provoke a discussion on which driver is better and we all know these kind of discussion get overheated

izzy

aral wrote:
NathanOlder wrote:
i think it's quite a good comment. it's 100% clear that Seb makes more mistakes than Lewis, his judgment isn't as good, he isn't as consistent, and also he needs a car with a strong back end, more than Lewis or Charles. Now the Ferrari has that strong back end it isn't so certain Charles is faster than Seb, as it was earlier this year, so we can wait and see.

Personally i'm expecting Charles to be better than Seb next year, so then he might end up kind of equal to Lewis, but as it stands Seb is a reasonable yardstick i think: if Charles does not beat Seb, it's a sign he might not beat Lewis either.

Seb obviously is good enough to beat anybody, if he has a better car and with that strong back end, but in Seb's car Lewis would've won 2017 and 18, that's the difference Charles has to match

NathanOlder

izzy wrote:
02 Dec 2019, 16:55
aral wrote:
NathanOlder wrote:
i think it's quite a good comment. it's 100% clear that Seb makes more mistakes than Lewis, his judgment isn't as good, he isn't as consistent, and also he needs a car with a strong back end, more than Lewis or Charles. Now the Ferrari has that strong back end it isn't so certain Charles is faster than Seb, as it was earlier this year, so we can wait and see.

Personally i'm expecting Charles to be better than Seb next year, so then he might end up kind of equal to Lewis, but as it stands Seb is a reasonable yardstick i think: if Charles does not beat Seb, it's a sign he might not beat Lewis either.

Seb obviously is good enough to beat anybody, if he has a better car and with that strong back end, but in Seb's car Lewis would've won 2017 and 18, that's the difference Charles has to match
I'm glad someone understood my post. It clearly flew way over the head of one of the mods. Not sure what 4 times champion in a row has to do with the fact than Lewis will definitely think to himself than he is better than Seb. I mean 99% of fans can see it , and all the pundits can see it too.

Just to be clear, If Charles doesn't clearly beat Seb next year, Lewis will 100% think , he will be able to beat Charles in equal cars.

Just so Aral can understand what I'm getting at, will Max think he can beat Hulkenberg in the same car ? Answer... Yes. Reason... Max was able to beat Danny Ric, in the final redbull year together, and Danny Ric was able to beat Hulkenberg when at Renault together. So Max will think he can beat Nico.

Now Lewis has never been team mates with Seb, but its clear the 2017 and 2018 Ferrari was more than a match for the Mercedes of those years. Yet Lewis was able to beat Seb easily in the end. So Lewis will feel/know that he is better than Seb. So he will gauge Charles on how well he does against Seb.
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.