2019 Renault F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Mclarensenna

Re: 2019 Renault F1 Team

Compared to last year Torro Rosso a budget team with much less money has outperformed and out-developed Renault a works team with much higher budget.
This makes the failing much much worse. So yes Nick Chester had to go.
But how is it that Cyril keeps his job still? He failed on every single promise so far in a very big way.

diffuser

Capharol wrote:
04 Dec 2019, 12:10
i have to agree with Mclarensenna here.
but let us not drift away from the topic here

As much as I am an Alonso Fan ... And I followed Alonso closely from when he joined McLaren the first time ....He was a moron to Leave Ferrari, he was a moron to retire and probably will be a moron if he comes back.

Not to mention that he is a moron for alot of the stupid things he says that his career could have done without. No wonder he likes Max!

There is no doubt in my mind, if he comes back he will be just as fast as he's ever been.

djos

Mclarensenna wrote:
06 Dec 2019, 22:55
Compared to last year Torro Rosso a budget team with much less money has outperformed and out-developed Renault a works team with much higher budget.
But how is it that Cyril keeps his job still? He failed on every single promise so far in a very big way.
TR don’t need to develop a PU or gearbox, they get them direct from red bull
"In downforce we trust"

Mclarensenna

djos wrote:
06 Dec 2019, 23:28
Mclarensenna wrote:
06 Dec 2019, 22:55
TR don’t need to develop a PU or gearbox, they get them direct from red bull
That is true. Haas does not either yet they failed in a very big way. Are you disputing the fact Torro Rosso did not do a massively better job than Renault a works team with a much higher budget?
Cyril made so many claims also like closing the gap to the leaders and failed on all his targets.
Renault also got beaten by a customer team Mclaren. A team with 2 inferior drivers.
Hulk easily beat Sainz in the same car and Ric is much better than Hulk in the same car.
So with 2 inferior drivers Mclaren still beat them in points which shows the Renault is much worse than it seems.

djos

Cyril makes claims that are on par with the BS from every other team principle.
"In downforce we trust"

GhostF1

djos wrote:
07 Dec 2019, 06:04
On par!? He's the worst of the lot. Have a look at this nonsense.

https://www.grandprix.com/news/renault- ... eboul.html

I'm sorry... Best engine on the grid??? Mercedes with the worst?
I honestly think he's losing touch with reality... OR he's hoping making erroneous claims like that will mislead the general public and assume Renault are doing fine.
It's proven to be by far the least reliable on the grid, yet again and power wise, has not demonstrated any such performance of being equal or above Ferrari.
Andy Cowell thinks Renault is close, but still behind the other 3 and Toto Wolff and Tanabe have both mentioned one way or another that Honda are on equal footing with Merc.

I'd believe those three any day of the week over Cyril's absolute media pandering nonsense.

djos

GhostF1 wrote:
07 Dec 2019, 07:13
djos wrote:

I honestly think he's losing touch with reality... OR he's hoping making erroneous claims like that will mislead the general public and assume Renault are doing fine.
It's proven to be by far the least reliable on the grid, yet again and power wise, has not demonstrated any such performance of being equal or above Ferrari.
Andy Cowell thinks Renault is close, but still behind the other 3 and Toto Wolff and Tanabe have both mentioned one way or another that Honda are on equal footing with Merc.

I'd believe those three any day of the week over Cyril's absolute media pandering nonsense.
Maclaren = we have the best Chassis, but PU
RedBull = we have the best chassis, but PU

list goes on, they are all full of it.
"In downforce we trust"

GhostF1

djos wrote:
07 Dec 2019, 07:46
GhostF1 wrote:
djos wrote:

Agreed, they all have their moments. Although credit to Horner this year saying it was their chassis that was poor to start. Admitting you got screwed by the wing regulation was a nice change from the usual finger pointing.

Mclarensenna

djos wrote:
100% false sorry
Some some evidence every single team principal had made the same BS as Cyril as you so claim?

djos

See above.
"In downforce we trust"

f1rules

Chester out

Mclarensenna

djos wrote:
You claimed "every other team principle" Meaning all 10. All you listed was 2 Mclaren and Redbull.
Where are the rest? Nowhere to be found because you made it up it seems!

djos

Clearly you don’t watch the pre or post race broadcasts.
"In downforce we trust"

Mclarensenna

djos wrote:
08 Dec 2019, 00:25
Clearly you don’t watch the pre or post race broadcasts.
No evidence yet again. You just proved who doesn't watch them not me :)

Mclarensenna

djos wrote:
07 Dec 2019, 07:46
GhostF1 wrote:
djos wrote:

You disputed a post of mine replying claiming "every single team principal" meaning all of them make claims that are on par with the BS from Cyril.
I claimed it as 100% false.
Then you claim Mclaren and redbull with best chassis on the grid claims.
That are 2 examples that are again pointless because Boullier who said this is fired so the current Mclaren guys in charge are not making this claim. Redbull when claiming this have had the best chassis on the grid. They have won many races being 50-100 horsepower down. There chassis was 2-3 seconds a lap quicker in race pace last year than Mclaren with the same engine and any team running Renaults since 2014. So yes Redbulls claim the years they made it were true. Even if not the fastest they are milliseconds behind in second so there is nothing seperating them.
So these are hardly BS claims.

You disputed all 10 team principals spew the same BS as Cyril.
Gave only 2 examples which made no sense to begin with.
If you have some evidence then say it. Do not lie repeatedly, get caught out, then go on the offensive claiming i do not watch the interviews when caught out lying.
Lets keep this thread on topic and on point please about the Renault team.